In romance, many men focus more on arousal, while many others focus more on similarity.
Arousal guys do a range of things to excite the women they talk to, such as:
- Touch them
- Flirt with them
- Move them around
- Look & act sexy
- Behave like bad boys
- Challenge them
- Turn things sexual
- Create scarcity
- Display preselection
Similarity guys do a range of things to make women trust them more, like:
- Establish rapport with them
- Get to know them very well
- Build deep rapport (deep diving)
- Look for commonalities with them
- Create isolation with them
- Foster an 'us vs. the world' feeling
- Look & act like a warm, genuine man
- Avoid being overly pushy or aggressive
- Qualify women on what they like about them
Both sides of a courtship are powerful, attractive, and necessary.
However, many men favor one area much more than the other, leading to what we might call 'lopsided seductions'.