Let’s pick up where we left off in “How to Build a Relationship” and “How to Make a Girl Fall in Love with You.” As I mentioned previously in our relationship series, no matter how hot she is and how many options she has in guys, and no matter how much of an ice-queen she may appear to be on the surface… the reality of the situation is, it’s never an impossible task to figure out how to romance a girl because she’s likely not happy with her love life.
You cannot imagine how frustrating it is for women that they can’t seem to find a good guy!
If she’s very hot, this is even more frustrating… because now she really starts to question everything: “If I’m as beautiful as everybody always says I am, then where’s my prince? And what’s wrong with ME that I can’t find the right guy?”
I know, it’s outrageous… you’re probably thinking – what are they talking about? I AM a good guy… I’m right here… and I even approach them, what’s the matter with them?
The thing is, a good man, and one that is good enough for that kind of high-caliber girl, really IS exceptionally rare… and if you shape yourself into that kind of man - if you ask the question“ What do girls look for?” and then you go and become that - you will have a LOT of choice and power with women.
But that is exactly her dilemma… not only are these ideal guys one in a million, but they also have so many options that they’re very hard to nail down.
And so it goes… and that same perfect ten that seems so powerful and unattainable when she’s dancing on the podium in the club might be sitting on her couch and watching Bridget Jones the next afternoon, wondering when her dream guy will finally save her from the endless chain of losers that she hooks up with, only to get disappointed time and time again.
That is why even the most beautiful women respond so strongly to a guy like Brad Pitt in Joe Black.
And it’s also why they write songs like this one:
So if you’re looking for a great relationship with an amazing woman…
it’s all up to you, bro. You
can learn how
to become romantic, and you can create those experiences women
spend so much time wishing for and pining after.
They’re up for it.
Two Powerful Techniques…
As I mentioned earlier in this series, if you really want to get a girl to open up to you and create that deep, lasting bond and emotional connection, you need to reach out to THAT GIRL inside of her… the one that watches chick flicks and cries over romantic comedies.
She’s in there…
…and here’s how to romance a girl past the show she puts on for the outside world, and actually reach her.
- If you get the feeling that she
is too guarded, call her out on
it. The following line is from a movie, (and I wish I could
which one it was – post in the comments and let me know if you
recognize it) and while you don’t have to recite this line to her
verbatim, it sums up the gist of what you want to communicate to her
“You like to play games and always be in control so you never get too close.”
In the movie, the guy delivers the line and then immediately WALKS AWAY.
Now, whether or not you want to deliver it quite this snappy and spunky will depend a lot on the situation and you will have to calibrate carefully – but either way, this message is a true SHOCKER to many girls, because they ARE really doing that… and without being aware of it.
They CRAVE true intimacy, yet they push it away when it knocks at their door.
That’s a fear response… one that got conditioned because of bad experiences they’ve made in the past.
And since this fear response is unconscious, calling it out can have a massive impact. Not only are you right about what you are saying, and you can see right through her, but you also obviously understand what she wants better than she does… and then you WALK AWAY.
It’s a true pattern interrupt… something that snaps her out of her conditioning for a second and makes her reflect… and then gets her to CHASE.
The desire to experience a deep connection with a man, yet pushing the best guys she meets away, is similar to a man’s desire to meet a beautiful woman, yet making excuses when it’s time to approach her… it’s all fear-based.
If your wing has ever called you out on your bullshit reasons for not going up to a girl and that got you into action, you are starting to see the power of this idea.
- This next one is a cheesy version of #1… but
don’t worry about that. When you’re both in love, it won’t be perceived
as cheesy… but instead, it will totally HIT HOME.
Here it is:
“You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains.I know, it looks totally sappy… in fact, it probably is.
You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines.
You say that you love the wind, but you close your windows when wind blows.
That’s why I’m afraid when you say that you love me.”
But you see, emotional states are temporary and ever-changing, and this is an important thing in romancing a girl… because something that makes TOTAL sense in one emotional state makes NO sense at all, or even looks ridiculous, in another.
Let me give you an analogy… let’s say you look in the mirror and see you have a gut. It’s disgusting you, you’re embarrassed to go to the beach, and you’re not proud to take your shirt off in front of the girls you bring home anymore.
Suddenly, you make a decision. You are committed to make a change… eating junk food just seems to make ZERO sense anymore. Why would you? Having a ripped physique and the female attention that comes with it are certainly a million times more desirable than a slimy, greasy burger!?
A couple of days later, you have a stressful day at work. You don’t have time to eat on your break, because your inbox is flowing over and the phone is ringing off the HOOK. You stay at the office for two hours more than you usually would, and by the time you’re done, you can only think about one thing… FOOD.
You GOTTA have something NOW?
Where do you go?
Did you say Burger King?
It’s the same with sexual emotions... During foreplay, you can’t wait to rip her clothes off… but a minute after orgasm, you suddenly feel strangely indifferent.
Different emotional state.
And it’s also the same with ROMANTIC emotions. When you’re not in love, instructions like these on how to romance a girl seem so sappy and cheesy and ridiculous… but once that pair-bond has triggered in your head and the right biochemical drugs are running through your veins, you’re like a heroin addict who just shot up… and your perception changes completely.
And so does hers.
Even the silly lyrics of love songs suddenly… make total sense.
Where I am going with this – don’t dismiss something that may seem cheesy… because in the right situation, with the right girl, and the right emotional context, it won’t be.
Bottom line – if you and your girl are in love with each other, send her the poem above… and watch her MELT.
I guarantee it.
How to Romance a Girl
You already know what’s coming next… yup, another disclaimer, and a warning not to overdo this. In fact, this one is such a double-edged sword that it comes with FOUR disclaimers… you really need to handle this with extreme care if you want to maintain your masculine power in the relationship and still pull this off right.
The second disclaimer is that none of these should EVER come from a place of neediness… If they do, you’re toast faster than you can say “please don’t leave me, babe.”
She’ll be out the door.
However, if you’re in a monogamous relationship with a girl and you’re both crazy in love with each other, and if you use these ideas sparingly, they can really amplify her love for you.
Do one or two of those… and
watch how she tells you that her female
friends are starting to give THEIR boyfriends a hard time, because
they are never as thoughtful as you. :)
Suddenly all the girls she knows will be jealous of her
and they’ll all wish they had a boyfriend like you… what do you think
that will do to her perception of you?
It’s a very powerful form of
The third caveat is that this needs to be mutual… if both people in a relationship are true givers, no one will ever have to worry about getting the short end of the stick.
- The lowest level of love is “me” focused… what can I GET out of
- The second level is “we” focused… that’s where
people start to let go of selfcenteredness and form a team… and that’s
when relationships really begin to blossom.
- The third and final level is a relationship that is focused on the “you”… where both partners ask themselves what they can GIVE. And again, this will ONLY work if it is mutual. But if you start this off and do it right, the law of reciprocity will help you with that intention, especially if you’ve managed to find the right girl.
Final caveat – don’t confuse romantic gestures with lavishly showing off your wealth. The type of girl you probably want won’t get half as excited about a gold necklace as she will about one of the ideas in the following section… let’s get into it.
So, want to know how to romance a girl - and REALLY romance her? Some ideas:
- Leave her a note on her car’s windshield wiper as you leave her place.
- Listen to hints for things she likes, or things that mean a lot to her – or even things that connect the two of you. Think of a gift that relates to that.
- Get a mug, a t-shirt or a framed picture of the two of you for her… this will set an anchor and even make it harder to break up – which, obviously, could be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how well you followed the advice in this article series.
- Send her an SMS out of the blue and for no reason at all. Don’t do this frequently or it will lose its effect.
- If you’re going to give her flowers, make it something exotic… are you going on a vacation together, or did you just get back from one? Get her a flower from that place, it will strengthen the positive memory and connect it closer to you.
- Write her something by hand… email is not romantic. Nor is SMS or Facebook.
- Collect all the text messages the two of you have ever exchanged, print them out and make her a gift of the binder. This is a GREAT way of capturing the emotions of first falling in love and bringing them back to life AT WILL.
- Put a wrapped gift in her room, but tell her she can’t open it yet… set an arbitrary date. The anticipation will keep her thinking about the gift (and about you!) non-stop. Women respond MUCH stronger to curiosity than men do.
- Candlelit dinners, massages and bubble baths still work in the 21st century. Have her reciprocate things like that too, that will also create more investment from HER.
- Open doors as she walks through them… but not as her subservient. Rather, do this from a leading frame – be a gentleman in a strong way. Place your hand on the small of her back as you guide her through the door. Just like in salsa dancing, the man takes the lead.
- Take her to a restaurant – but not the most expensive one, she doesn’t care about that. Take her to an exotic place – maybe there is some Tibetan food somewhere available in your town?
A comment about calibration: Don’t do this often. If you feed ANYBODY chocolate every day, they will vomit... but everybody loves some chocolate every once in a while.
And don’t do it when she EXPECTS it. Do these things totally randomly and out of the blue. I hate sending Christmas cards because they mean nothing… they’re expected. But if I have a girlfriend, I might send her a card on a random Tuesday afternoon.
Look at it that way – before Facebook, it actually meant something when a friend remembered your birthday and wrote you a message. Now, you get hundreds of birthday greetings every year and from people you’ve never even met… anything that is expected and common loses its impact. So make your romantic gestures something unexpected and something out of the ordinary.
Onward and upward,
UPDATE: read the next article in Ricardus's relationship series right here: End Relationship Drama with These 2 Rules.