At what age do you become too old for crazy social events and parties?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I post this because Halloween is right around the corner.

Its weird but I've actually been invited to a couple of parties for Halloween, one during the day and one during night this coming weekend. The reason it's weird is because I missed out on the Halloween parties in college and I've kinda always fantasized about going to a party with a hot girl dressed up in a skimpy outfit, going to have a date for this party I am going to as well. A part of me thought that college was the last chance to really enjoy that sort of stuff, hope everyday I am wrong!

Starting to feel good and it is an experience I want to keep on having in life for quite some time. Even though I am 24, I fear age catching up to me in regards to the kinds of people I am around. I mean being around older people (say above 28) whose idea of Halloween is staying in watching a movie or really not doing shit. Not just that, it is also feeling out of place at a party or event where looking around, you see everyone is significantly younger than you.

I like the idea of celebrating a holiday or special time of the year with a party and going to events with hot girls but at times I do like to get put it into perspective to see how long I have until I start to feel like the old guy in the group.

Even on this forum I doubt members over 30 are spending Halloween going to a party with a hot girl or having a hell of a Christmas party with hot girls doing kinky shit.

Any thoughts on this?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
OP,

If you must know, I'm 29 at the moment, and I'll be going to this event on Saturday:

When you live in big cities, there's all kinds of huge events going on with people in their early, mid, and late 20s (and even early to mid 30s), and they're going to stuff like this. So my advice is to make sure you live in a big city where the biggest events happen that include lots of young, hot girls.

There is plenty going on if you look for it. Sign up for e-mail lists of event companies too (NOTE: I already know about this annual event as I've gone to it 2 or 3 times in the past, but I was reminded by an e-mail because I'm on their mailing list for big block parties and events).

- Franco

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm 27 and am going to a party with a hot girl this year, but its the first time in years I've done anything for Halloween.

I'm old enough that I generally wouldn't go to a crazy social event/party unless I knew people there that I liked. I wouldn't go just to go, or to try solely to meet girls.

uForia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Franco said:
OP,

If you must know, I'm 29 at the moment, and I'll be going to this event on Saturday:

When you live in big cities, there's all kinds of huge events going on with people in their early, mid, and late 20s (and even early to mid 30s), and they're going to stuff like this. So my advice is to make sure you live in a big city where the biggest events happen that include lots of young, hot girls.

There is plenty going on if you look for it. Sign up for e-mail lists of event companies too (NOTE: I already know about this annual event as I've gone to it 2 or 3 times in the past, but I was reminded by an e-mail because I'm on their mailing list for big block parties and events).

- Franco
Honestly seems like a terrible place to pick up women. Loud music drowning your voice, too high energy and full of distractions, it seems like the only way you'd have luck is after the whole shtick when everything winds down and girls are more level-headed, and then from there you have a short time window to talk to girls be4 they get into their cars and drive away. Plus this kind of event isn't really going to have women alone, they will very likely be in groups so that's yet another barrier. Personally, I'm not into these kinda things so I wouldn't go but if I were to go, I'd have to be into the music itself and not looking to meet women. What do you usually do at these kind of events?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
uForia,

Honestly seems like a terrible place to pick up women.

Well, OP's question was about finding crazy social events and parties, not about the best place to pick up women, right? ;)

This being said, these events are not nearly as bad as you would think. There are tons of single women at these events, and lots of them are looking to find a cute guy by the end of the night. Some of the cutest/hottest girls I've been with have been from events like these.

This event, in particular, is taking place in the middle of downtown. There will be tons of areas where people are just drinking and socializing, and then there will be several areas where there is music and dancing. The music is only a distraction if you're standing right next to the speakers -- at which point, that was obviously a choice you made on your own to stand next to them (maybe because you wanted to see a particular artist and didn't care about socializing right at that moment).

it seems like the only way you'd have luck is after the whole shtick when everything winds down and girls are more level-headed, and then from there you have a short time window to talk to girls be4 they get into their cars and drive away.

Sure, this is always a good time to approach girls if you haven't found one yet. But there are plenty of opportunities to approach women at these events. Sometimes they are just standing around by themselves drinking while their friends chat with another cute guy, or sometimes they go off on their own to get a drink, or sometimes they are just playing with their phones standing in line waiting to buy a drink. There's literally countless situations and opportunities to approach women.

Also, the outskirts of the dance areas tend to be really good for game as well. If you're a dance floor type of guy, you can simply run dance floor game and get girls to dance with you. Then if they seem into you, you move them to the bar to buy a drink and move into conversation and deep-diving.

There are literally hundreds of guys picking up and sleeping with women at these types of events, and these guys aren't even "PUAs" -- they are simply just naturals taking advantage of an opportunity to meet sexy, scantily-clad women. Whether or not this type of event is your "scene" or not is entirely up to you, but if you're looking for "crazy social events" and "parties," then this is exactly what you'd be looking for. :)

What do you usually do at these kind of events?

Pretty much anything, depending on my situation and my mood. If I'm with a girlfriend and friends, I'll drink, socialize, and dance. If I'm single (with or without friends), I'll usually just hit on girls who give me approach invitations. Occasionally I'll approach girls who haven't seen me yet and introduce myself. Sometimes I'll run dance floor game as well.

I'm really a jack of all trades when it comes to this type of stuff. I can approach girls in almost any situation. Admittedly, my least favorite situation to approach are "groups" of girls, so I'll try to find ones that are isolated momentarily or are playing on their phones, but occasionally I'll approach a girl in a group if I'm feeling extra adventurous. Or I'll just see a really cute girl dancing and I'll walk right up to her, compliment her, and then offer to dance with her. There's really no limits at these types of events. As long as you know that girls are hoping to meet cute guys at these things, then there's no reason not to assume that you won't find a girl who was looking for a guy just like you. ;)

- Franco

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Man, god bless Chase.

Truly an awesome dude that listens to his audience. I am calling it now, a few months from now that post is going to blow up like no other and this site will get more attention than it ever has before due to so many younger guys being lost about this sort stuff.

I think it would be useful to talk more about the nightlife industry or tbh, any source of fun hedonism that attracts a shitfuck loads of hot girls after college than live in the past.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Franco said:
OP,

- Franco

Good advice Franco, I use Facebook to keep track of this very thing and to see what is going on.

I think there should be some sort of a formula we can all share for finding quality events like these because I've been to some on facebook that were flooded with boring people.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Also Franco,

Ditto at not approaching groups of girls, guaranteed you will deal with cockblockers there 24/7. I find that anymore than 3 and I am not approaching at all.

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'll jump on the hype train and say that was an hell of an article. As a guy approaching mid-20s faster than the speed of light and feeling like life is passing me by, this is so refreshing.

Also, Franco, thanks for your replies.

ResentMasculinity

Space Monkey
space monkey
glad this was posted, I have felt the same way in regards to going to those Vegas Pool Parties, such as Wet Republic for example, etc.

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Oh Pry said:
Even on this forum I doubt members over 30 are spending Halloween going to a party with a hot girl or having a hell of a Christmas party with hot girls doing kinky shit.

Haha this is such bullshit. There's awesome stuff going on all the time - you just have to find it and hang out with the right circles, which means becoming like them yourself :). But you're right that there is another subset of people who are more settled and routine oriented in their later 20s and early 30s. It's really up to you what you want to do and who you want to hang out with.

I sometimes feel like you're really insecure about your future. You don't need to be, really. :)

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco said:
uForia,

Honestly seems like a terrible place to pick up women.

Well, OP's question was about finding crazy social events and parties, not about the best place to pick up women, right? ;)

This being said, these events are not nearly as bad as you would think. There are tons of single women at these events, and lots of them are looking to find a cute guy by the end of the night. Some of the cutest/hottest girls I've been with have been from events like these.

I second this. These environments are actually very good for picking up a girl for the night.

Franco said:
it seems like the only way you'd have luck is after the whole shtick when everything winds down and girls are more level-headed, and then from there you have a short time window to talk to girls be4 they get into their cars and drive away.

Sure, this is always a good time to approach girls if you haven't found one yet. But there are plenty of opportunities to approach women at these events. Sometimes they are just standing around by themselves drinking while their friends chat with another cute guy, or sometimes they go off on their own to get a drink, or sometimes they are just playing with their phones standing in line waiting to buy a drink. There's literally countless situations and opportunities to approach women.

Also, the outskirts of the dance areas tend to be really good for game as well. If you're a dance floor type of guy, you can simply run dance floor game and get girls to dance with you. Then if they seem into you, you move them to the bar to buy a drink and move into conversation and deep-diving.

There are literally hundreds of guys picking up and sleeping with women at these types of events, and these guys aren't even "PUAs" -- they are simply just naturals taking advantage of an opportunity to meet sexy, scantily-clad women. Whether or not this type of event is your "scene" or not is entirely up to you, but if you're looking for "crazy social events" and "parties," then this is exactly what you'd be looking for. :)

It's honestly better to build a connection during the event than wait till the end. There are plenty of guys who are not PUAs or seduction guys who go here and pick up girls all the time. I've seen it and I've done it. You just have to learn how. It seems like this is a limiting belief for you :).

Zanardi

Space Monkey
space monkey
I am 34 and sometimes I think that I am too old for this, especially when my peers already have families and kids and tell me to follow suit, because I have 1 or 2 years in which I can choose from (choose from what??).

Great article, Chase!

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
So I have to say that traveling has definitely opened up my mind a bit more. My fellow Europeans here can comment more but I noticed how in France, players over the age of 30 were not that rare. Like they kind of expect for men to live their prime years out having fun while here in America, it is hardly like that outside of NYC. It gives me some insight on why so many guys want to go abroad and move out of the US because "settling down and having a family" in this day and age in the western world seems to be an American thing.

>