Should You Pay for a Date? | Girls Chase

Add new comment

Vanessa's picture

I might be the only woman that agrees that dates should 'go dutch', but I do feel that it sends out the wrong signals. I couldn't think of anything worse than a man thinking that I wanted to be kept in some way.

However, my point of view may be a little different to most - I am one of the top 5% of UK earners. In other words, when I date, chances are 95% certain that my date will be earning less than I do. Whilst this is quite empowering, I am also conscious that I would be putting my date under pressure that I just don't need to do. Therefore, I will deliberately suggest that they think of something inexpensive because then they have to be creative. This is a super quality that I look for in a partner, i.e. can someone be fun without money?