Should men shave their chests?

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Might sound like a random/weird question...but I am serious. Should men really shave their chests? I ask cause I did it once for a heart test that I had to take, and I must say...it did look better IMO. And now I am asking, cause although I dont have A LOT, I do have some. I have been considering shaving it again for a while now and this girl I am kinda sorta seeing asked me to shave it. So my question is...should I do it?

Should men shave their chest...?

Cheers,
Jeet

aliparpar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Personally, I think it's better not to shave the chest hair since it is some sort of your manliness but it's a controversial topic. I have shaved my chest with trimmer once not a razor but I guess girls would like to see a clean shaved man during sex.

almosteasy21

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think it's really 50/50 on this one meaning about half the females like it half prefer you leave it alone. Seems as though the younger ladies like it shaved. If you really tgink about it though the only time they should really see your chest is if you're on the beach or getting it on with her and at that point it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I go to hot tubs regularly at my univeristy and I've been saving my chest regularly for over a year now. It shows off my abs more, girls tell me they prefer the cleaner look. A little chest hair isn't bad but I wouldn't let it go over board.

Like Kinny said it's more of a 50/50. I would also say it's more of your overall vibe and how your body actually looks as a whole. A full chest with a gut ain't sexy man.

Just Dave

almosteasy21

Space Monkey
space monkey
Good point Dave, you can't just walk around with your taco meat all out of control. If that's the case the shave that shit :).

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Kinny21 said:
Good point Dave, you can't just walk around with your taco meat all out of control. If that's the case the shave that shit :).

hahaha I haven't heard that since high school! (Taco meat)

A Life Loquacious

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't think there is such a thing as 'should' in these cases. Go for what makes you feel good. Waxing is probably better than shaving as it avoids spiky stubble. Shaving can bring its own problems (follicle infection, ingrowing hairs). And I guess a lot of it is down to what you like on a woman, too. If you like the whole hairless thing on a girl, girls who remove all their pubic hair probably appreciate guys who do the same. Then again, many women like 'Macho' over 'Metro'. Personally I would say unless your body hair is 'problematic' it's probably better to leave it alone.

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you are older and it is getting out of control, you can shave it in an attempt to try and look younger, much like facial hair. If you are crazy hairy it'll probably help to trim it so that it doesn't get too crazy and unkempt.

If you are younger and maybe have a babyish face, grow it.

I'm not a very hairy individual in the first place, and young at that, so I don't have much to shave. If I had some it would aid in shedding that young aura about me, but I find other ways so that I can pull a variety of women.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Women's feelings on preferring men hairy or not are largely tied to their own experiences.

For instance, a girl grows up with a hairy father she liked and respected a lot, and she views hairy men as more masculine. Or, a girl has an amazing boyfriend who had a shaved / hairless chest, and she views hairless chests as most attractive now.

Personally, I sport a relatively hairy chest, and I LOVE getting complaints about it early into relationships. Girls will tell me, "You're so HAIRY!" or, "I think you'd look even better if you shaved your chest and stomach hair."

To this I respond, "Tell you what. When I decide I want to look like a BOY, I'll shave my chest. But for now, I want to look like a MAN, so I'm just going to leave this right here."

What invariably happens is, after a few months of great sex and great experiences, you'll find yourself lying there in bed naked with the girl, and she'll be playing with your chest hair telling you, "You know, when we first got together I didn't really like your chest hair. But now I'm SO GLAD you have it... it's SO MANLY."

Of course, if I didn't grow chest hair, and a woman complained about my lack of ventral keratin strands, I'd simply tell her that when I decide I want to look like a bathmat, I'll grow chest hair; until then, I'm going to stay smooth, accented, and defined, like a professional body builder.

It's all the simple anchoring of emotions - if she has great experiences with you, she'll anchor that to things about you that stand out to her. There was a study on smell that found that women who reported good sex with their partners were found to love their man's smell, while women who reported bad sex were repulsed by smelling their man. In my experience, this extends to all kinds of things - from your gut to scars you have to birth marks to chest hair.

Give her good sex, and whatever your physical points of differentiation from most men, she'll come to associate them with sexiness and manliness after a couple of months of being with you.

You can effectively retrain women's taste in men this way (and the effect goes both ways - if your first great girlfriend and lover is a certain ethnicity or has certain physical features, you can come to view women similar to her as your "type").

It's fascinating stuff.

Chase

kneek0

Space Monkey
space monkey
I body build and I am a pretty hairy guy. The hair tends to hide your features, so I nair my whole body; arms, legs, chest. My friends call me gay lol, but in my opinion, I'm fucking sexy!

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Jeet,

I am actually a decently hairy guy from my dad's side. In general, I believe in moderation when it comes to stuff, so being "moderately hairy" or having "trimmed" hair can be very sexy since it is something you don't see too often. Men are usually hairless (or shave/nair their entire body) or they are very hairy (and have animal-like chest hair).

For the past year or so, I actually have been "trimming" my chest hair with a beard trimmer! I've been using about a 4 or a 5, but the best way to test this is to start higher (maybe at a 7 or 8). Trim it down to this first level and see how it looks. If you don't like it, you can make it even shorter (or not trim it that short next time if you believe it looks too short). If you like the look, the next step is to run your own hand through your own chest hair. You want to make sure that it actually "feels" good because the women you sleep with will be the ones who actually get to touch it!

I've tried going down to a 3 before, and while it actually looked pretty damn good, the hair was also very "stubble-like" and was basically painful to the touch! That is definitely not something you want your lover to feel.

Anyway, experiment with what you like best. As Chase mentioned, women anchor their preferences to how good the sexual experience is, so whether you are sporting "raging gorilla hair" or smooth, dolphin-like skin, make sure you give her a damn good sexual experience!

Hope this helps ;)

- Franco

Addicted2height

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys

I've got the problem of mine is just starting to show through. Must be a real late bloomer on the chest area because i haven't been clean shaven face wise in a few years.
Woke up this morning with a chick and after a bit of playing around ect she gave me a bit of shit about the little hairs in between my pecs. Just shrugged it off and gave her shit about her little hairs (down there, apparently so she could control herself..)
But got me thinking to wax the one small patch or not...

>