What's with some people not wanting to be the one walking behind the other?

Virgin101

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think with some people there can be a bit of "oh I'm better than" thing going on with whether or not they're the person who is walking ahead or following.

I remember when I was in college, I noticed it with this stuck up girl. One day when we were packing our bags in the corridor to go home I happened to leave just before her. We were the only two walking in the corridor at that point and she would've been about 2-3 yards behind me. She then over-took me... sort of pretending she was in a rush, and then when she was ahead of me she carried on walking at the same pace as me. At the end of the corridor she then went for the lift, so I took the stairs. If I was back there, I would've over-took her immediately after she over-took me!

On a more recent occasion, I was living with a guy who I didn't get on with. I distinctly remember one night we had to leave the kitchen at the same time. I left first. Then he waited a bit before he left so that he wouldn't be walking up the stairs behind me. I don't think it's a big deal to be walking behind someone.

It's like something you could hypothetically see Hillary Clinton trying to do to Trump. Say if they were walking together, you could see her trying to walk off out in front of him as if to imply "who's this weirdo following me?"

I later got my own back on that girl one day when our class had presentations. When I was on my way to the room set aside for our presentations, I saw her walking the other way. I acknowledged her, she looked away. After I walked on I heard her call out my name. It was very funny the way she acted then. She acted so innocent when she said "oh, ah you wouldn't know what room the presentation is on?" For a second I nearly thought she wasn't a bitch at all, as if it was all in my head!! But no, I just replied "follow me" and turned and kept walking. I made her follow me all the way to the room! I'd say it killed her!

>