The Importance of Self-Image When It Comes To Winning

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
What's up guys,

I've been reading quite a lot about basketball players like Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron. They all seem to have the same crazy, insane, ruthlessness when it comes to training well and winning games. After reading books written by their trainers and psychologists(Tim Grover, Bob Rotella), I've come to realise that these guys literally see themselves in a different light compared to their teammates and competition. They have this raw instinctual understanding of who they truly are and what they're actually capable of. Their self-image is defined by themselves first and foremost and this just translates into their focus, discipline and humility displayed on the courts. They see themselves as killers, as winners, as champions and that's exactly what they've been their whole careers.

It seems like part of the reason I have experienced so much failure early on in my seduction career is because I still had this image of myself as a boy. I felt wrong approaching older women and thought that they wouldn't take me seriously and this thought was self-fulfilling. In terms of my work, I still saw myself as the bright but lazy and undisciplined kid in school who couldn't give two shits about doing homework or studying for tests. Who pitched up late for class and bunked classes whenever a good opportunity crossed his path. Again, my self-image, which had me lacking in my abilities to remain focused and disciplined at work manifested in real life and again I suffered as a result. I came to realize that if I wanted to achieve all of my lofty goals and build an excellent life, I was going to have to start thinking of myself as a man. A dominant man, who takes responsibility and remains committed to his pursuits.

This mindset shift of mine, is still quite young but incredibly helpful. I've regained my confidence in social situations and I have no more need to entertain and charm people like I did when I was a kid. I feel more assertive when I demand things from people and I work slightly more efficiently compared to a few months back. However, I feel like I can maximize my time spent studying and practicing my different crafts(including pickup) if I further develop my self-image as a dominant man.

Any tips or tricks on how to build this self-image of mine? Or perhaps does anyone relate to the importance of self-image and want to share something in relation to this post?

Merci!

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron, in that order as It should be lol.

To put more thought into this mindset, I truly believe you have to feel like you're the man at all times even when you're off this site.

I have used this site for years to tell how I really feel about situations and looking back I sound weak af, but in real life I'm the exact opposite, I use this site to let go of what I'm holding in and don't show others.

Now recently thinking about it, I feel me being so weak on here messes up my mind outside, I feel like how I write on here even when I don't show it.

So it's like being an imposter somewhat, so now I'm trying to remain strong in my mind as I show to other people outside that way I can keep the feelings the same.

I do like being able to vent on here, but looking at some posts I made, it just makes me think of myself as a weak dude from what I'm reading.

I say all that to say no matter what, always think of yourself highly and always act like a high value male.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sub-zero what messes your mind is called cognitive dissonance in psychology. It can be quite powerful. To prevent that it is probably better to write things less "weak" as you put it in words. You don't have to prove anything to anyone on the boards, but your own mind is different.

To hook into what you guys are telling about self image and sub-zero's dissonance : I find that visualisation exercises really work. When I am consistent with them I become really smooth and good with women. The problem is keeping the habbit up. In a kind of way it causes cognitive dissonance when I see a girl and do NOT approach or close. My visualizations and real experiences do not align if I am passive , so it becomes much easier to approach and close than to do nothing.

I had such succes this last summer with visualisation that I want to apply it to my professional life too. So maybe it is something for you guys, I think Chase also had an article about this.

>