Indescribable energy

ElChe

Space Monkey
space monkey
So a few months ago I was hanging out with this girl who I very much liked. And then, because sometimes I have ideas that couldn't have come from anywhere but from God himself, I decided to make a rectangular frame with my hand(using my pointer finger and thumb on each hand), like a camera. And then I looked at the girl through the frame, and she did an extraordinarily cute smile(as well as raising one of her shoulders). So this by itself is the greatest moment in the history of the entire human race, but then I asked her "why do you do that?", and she said "because it's like a picture, no?" and I'm pretty sure my heart grew 10 literal sizes. Whenever I think about this moment, I get this incredible energy, like I've just done something amazing, even though I didn't actually do anything. I live in a small town of 10,000 people in the U.S, and the girl I'm talking about was from Mexico, where I feel the girls act a lot more feminine, cute and just more fun in general. This might be why I remember the moment which such fondness. Anyway, I was just wondering if this feeling is common for most guys, or am I just a bitch?

radeng

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It's very common when you are inexperienced. Girls and relationships and sex can provide amazing feelings. It's in our biology for that to happen. Bonding is beneficial for the species. That being said, this type of excitement sounds more like you are pedestalizing and fantasizing about a girl who gave you attention when you probably don't get a lot of female attention. So it became so important and "special" in your mind. If you went out everyday and found a new cute girl to put in your hand frame, you'd quickly realize that MANY of them would be cute about it and some of them would be bitches about it, and some of them boring about it. But you wouldn't attribute anything special to any of the reactions, because at the end of the day, most people can be categorized into big groups and the mexican girl in question probably isn't all that special. It's just special to you because its a rare occurrence. So make it your goal to make it a common occurrence, then overtime, you can start appreciating women for things that truly make them unique and find girls who are really compatible with you, not just your imaginary vision.

radeng

ElChe

Space Monkey
space monkey
radeng said:
It's very common when you are inexperienced. Girls and relationships and sex can provide amazing feelings. It's in our biology for that to happen. Bonding is beneficial for the species. That being said, this type of excitement sounds more like you are pedestalizing and fantasizing about a girl who gave you attention when you probably don't get a lot of female attention. So it became so important and "special" in your mind. If you went out everyday and found a new cute girl to put in your hand frame, you'd quickly realize that MANY of them would be cute about it and some of them would be bitches about it, and some of them boring about it. But you wouldn't attribute anything special to any of the reactions, because at the end of the day, most people can be categorized into big groups and the mexican girl in question probably isn't all that special. It's just special to you because its a rare occurrence. So make it your goal to make it a common occurrence, then overtime, you can start appreciating women for things that truly make them unique and find girls who are really compatible with you, not just your imaginary vision.

radeng

That is some valuable insight, my dude. Thanks. So basically, it's like any other skill or interest, like soccer for instance. When you first start watching the sport, you may only find excitement in the goals, but as you learn to appreciate the nuances more, a goal that seems crazy to others might seem like a common occurrence to you. Or the opposite, a pass that seems simple to others can seem really complex once you understand the context surrounding it. I tend to go beyond surface level appreciation for almost everything I do, but thinking about it now I have to question whether there is a point in this. Whether the moment can be classified as "truly" special or not, the feeling it gives you is still similar(since everything is subjective), so therefore similar in function/usefulness. Also, the times I've taken the journey and gone beyond a surface level understanding of something, the best moments were when I felt there was infinite things to learn and I was only at level 1(that's when you make the most progress, so you learn to improve your work ethic for things in general). What always ends up happening, though, is that eventually you get jaded and the whole hobby or interest seems to lose its purpose. The new, extremely niche lens through which you view the interest is valuable imo, but I don't know if it's any more valuable than the surface level way of appreciating the interest and the excitement that comes along with it. Anyway, that's just a thought(no disrespect intended)

>