How to become a successful freelancer.

mossity

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey seducers, I wanted to know if any of you are successful freelancers and if you would share some that expierience to me and how I can become a successful freelancer too, thanks!

pandoriks333

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think you should just work on your skills, nothing speacial I can suggest here. Just skills :) And time...

Ergon

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey, I don't know if your question entails how to become a freelancer in the first place, but I wanted to pitch in with some information related to that.

This guy has some useful advice for home based jobs that I think can be applicable for freelancing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdScFUvUto

The gist of it is:

1. First choose some path. Research technologies that you need to master, as well as positions and profiles of people who are doing what you want to have something to aim for
2. Study for certifications that are recognized in the field.
3. Set up a portfolio personal page and blog about what you learn
3. Create projects for friends and families for free, maybe work on cool projects for yourself too. Display these on your portfolio
4. Apply for internships?
5. Set up a profile in Thumbstack and Fiverr. Apply for work you think you can handle and build reputation. Network on real life too.

As an example, someone I know wanted to get involved in computer security. So first he started with a Comptia A+ and Network+ as an it base. He then created his own personal website with a blog and made an led signs for a foodcart business of a friend. That was his first project . Now I think he's in a good position to apply for an internship.

Hope other forum members can share some information about getting jobs and managing time as a full fledged freelancer!

Bknd

Rookie
Rookie
To be a good freelancer means to have a good portfolio and a lot of references.

>