Why does Astrology seem so real even though none of that stuff is true?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Me and a friend played around with the idea of astrology by looking at our signs. So her sign is Virgo and after reading not just the description of it but doing what they call a "natal chart", she realized a lot of that stuff was true. Apparently a natal chart is what your sign for the different planets is and how it affects how you operate and function, how certain things impact you, how you love, how you take action and all of that stuff. It was complicated as fuck for me.

She looked at my sign and did a chart for me, apparently I have a lot of "Scorpio" in my chart and thats a major sign for me. The biggest takeaway that hit me hard is that it kept saying I am a grudge holding guy who needs to get even and needs to get back at people I feel like have wronged me, that I am prone to having revenge fantasies more than the average person. I didn't really read much else about it but it kept saying over and over and over again that I hold grudges and feel the need to get even.

Well that is fucking true about me if I am being honest with myself, I have a tough time trying to get over shit and letting past wrongs, hurts and shit go.

But I know its all bullshit, like this astrology stuff is a scam. How do they manage to make it seem so real?

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I love this.

In my opinion, it's simply because the astrology stuff tells about the truths that exist in everybody, in one way or another.

Most everyone has felt the emotion of wanting revenge at some point in their lives, I think it's something that people hide and try not to "feed" because it's comes from a place of total malice. So people hide it and perhaps even feel it deeply, then this horoscope pops up and "knows" more about them than most people see.

Or, let's say that it's something good. "You're a highly intellectual person who loves helping others". Okay, well, statistically people rate themselves as more intelligent than the average intelligence. And generally, most people who help someone else out of a place of love actually end up feeling great afterwards.

Then of course, people will acknowledge that Astrology is probably bullshit, scan the description for SOMETHING they identify with, and take that as at least some evidence for why Astrology has truth to it. For Scorpios, did everything match for you?

The most accurate ones, I've found, are the ones that ask your age, and then match that age group stereotypically.

Say it does match your age with your natal chart, and you're in your 20's. It will probably tell you all about how you're going through many processes of self realization and growths, and that some of those growths hurt but ultimately help you, and you have to go deep within yourself to reach something that you grow to be happy about. But really, you have somewhere in you that knows you'll make it out okay.

Most 20 year olds are transitioning into adulthood, and that^ is something that happens during that transition. But to the reader, it's, "oh my gosh this just read me like a book.. it understands me!"

Some are more accurate that others, but I've always considered it to be a cool coincidence.

I'll admit, I think mine is mostly accurate hahaha ;P

There is some evidence, and it suggests that because of where the moon is located during the sun cycle, there are variations in gravity that line up with the cycle. Since the moon effects water in the ocean and the tides, why wouldn't it also effect the water / liquids in the womb of mothers while they're pregnant?

Fun stuff. Girls love it too (=

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I think how true Astrology is for you really depends on how much you believe in soul and spirituality.

Personally - I do - and I've found my own astrology reports to be pretty accurate. Cancer with lots of Taurus.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Grand Pooba said:
I think how true Astrology is for you really depends on how much you believe in soul and spirituality.

Personally - I do - and I've found my own astrology reports to be pretty accurate. Cancer with lots of Taurus.

Scorpio with a good mix of Leo, apparently those are supposed to be the two main signs of sociopaths and cold blooded people hungry for status and power. Wow!

I am afraid of myself now :'(

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Hue said:
I love this.

In my opinion, it's simply because the astrology stuff tells about the truths that exist in everybody, in one way or another.

Most everyone has felt the emotion of wanting revenge at some point in their lives, I think it's something that people hide and try not to "feed" because it's comes from a place of total malice. So people hide it and perhaps even feel it deeply, then this horoscope pops up and "knows" more about them than most people see.

Or, let's say that it's something good. "You're a highly intellectual person who loves helping others". Okay, well, statistically people rate themselves as more intelligent than the average intelligence. And generally, most people who help someone else out of a place of love actually end up feeling great afterwards.

Then of course, people will acknowledge that Astrology is probably bullshit, scan the description for SOMETHING they identify with, and take that as at least some evidence for why Astrology has truth to it. For Scorpios, did everything match for you?

The most accurate ones, I've found, are the ones that ask your age, and then match that age group stereotypically.

Say it does match your age with your natal chart, and you're in your 20's. It will probably tell you all about how you're going through many processes of self realization and growths, and that some of those growths hurt but ultimately help you, and you have to go deep within yourself to reach something that you grow to be happy about. But really, you have somewhere in you that knows you'll make it out okay.

Most 20 year olds are transitioning into adulthood, and that^ is something that happens during that transition. But to the reader, it's, "oh my gosh this just read me like a book.. it understands me!"

Some are more accurate that others, but I've always considered it to be a cool coincidence.

I'll admit, I think mine is mostly accurate hahaha ;P

There is some evidence, and it suggests that because of where the moon is located during the sun cycle, there are variations in gravity that line up with the cycle. Since the moon effects water in the ocean and the tides, why wouldn't it also effect the water / liquids in the womb of mothers while they're pregnant?

Fun stuff. Girls love it too (=

Yeah I feel like a lot matched with me about Scorpios and I have a lot of Leo in my chart too, in many ways I am similar to Drake's chart lol! The thing I feel it said accurately is that I am obsessive, unforgiving and tend to really look into things well below the surface. I even found that in my journey with game and my experiences with trying to work outside the box, challenging conventional wisdom. The other thing is noted is that I have a high sex drive since both Scorpio and especially Leo are very sexual signs. What I found to be the most strikingly true is my Mars sign, I have a Mars in Scorpio and a lot of what I read about it is true and it aspects a lot of planets in my birth chart, especially Pluto (also Scorpio) and Saturn (Aquarius).

One my friends is obsessive about this and she read my chart, her eyes opened wide and she was amazed at it, said I was lucky but had to be careful with the darker parts of me because apparently when Mars connects with Pluto and Saturn, it leads to tragic ends and a lot of dark situations.

I am due for a Saturn return soon too which is supposed to wake you up and kick your ass.

>