How do you get drinking buddies?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Could just be a southern thing but I have found getting drinking buddies a pain in the fucking ass. I keep running into these god damned bible thumpers despite living in a big city like Atlanta and all of these lunatics think alcohol is the devil. I am fucking tired of these goody two shoes and want to know how a guy in the south can just get some drinking buddies, like does anyone have any fucking suggestions at all?

radeng

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Can we ban this troll yet. Dude you’ve got more feedback than any one other poster in the boards for years now and you haven’t stopped asking the same questions in the exact same way.

Throw back to the post where I practically wrote a book earlier this year. I could put those posts in a fucking ebook and sell it. I don’t think you heard a word of it, or anyone else’s advice, including chases for that matter.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18128&p=91085#p91085

Chase wrote an entire post for you. You don’t deserve friends. Friends are easy to make. It’s YOU. YOU are bad at making friends. You need to go out and be ok with getting rejected. YOU have thin skin. This isn’t about everyone else or people in the south or whatever. It’s about YOU dude.

Honestly really wishing for your ban mate. Put too much energy into trying to help you that’s gone ignored.

Radeng

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Just like you don't send texts or post on social media when drunk, this is why you do not post on the forums when drunk or under the influence of alcohol. Now I had a chance to read OP's thread where Chase went out to help him out and in OP's defense, he has taken some steps to improvement but at this point, I think it is time to take a break. I've been there myself and it took a lot of going out to do it.

The other issue I will point out is that compared to getting your dick wet, social life is a pain in the ass to get. I know how it can feel like to be the only one really wanting to go on this path as other people are too broke, scared and inhibited to take risks. At this point I am going to share a post on social life and discuss actionable steps.

While I think a ban would be draconian, it is time to give dude a break. I know in the past Chase has outright banned members but my thoughts have always been that there should be some sort of an actionable warning system. Give the guy a month ban or maybe two month ban, make him get his shit together and then check back with him to see what he has done after that. If he has shown improvement and put in the work, keep him around. I know Chase does not regret keeping me around because I have made strides here and continue to do so.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
You did radeng, you did.

I can't help it man, I just can't. Its like what the fuck and I genuinely mean what the fuck. Like drinking buddies, it should not be that hard to just get some friends to go out and have a drink with but why the fuck do I keep running into these morally self-righteous fuckfaces and these god damned bible thumpers who have a beef with that lifestyle? I mean my god, at this point I am thinking if shit is just a fucking Georgia thing.

Could it be that the reason Franco has looked at my posts and gone wtf is because of how California is like compared to my state?

I mean maybe some fellow Georgians on this forum can tell me what is up but my fucking god radeng this shit is crazy and I understand your frustrations in trying to help. I've not had too many issues lately with attracting women but I cannot find one good way to get constant drinking buddies here. Its all the fuckers are either bible thumping goody two shoes or the self improvement holier than thou camp.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Dude Toby,

Radeng points out its YOU that sucks at making friends and your interpretation of his reply is to immediately think he's on your side that its the self righteous bible thumpers fault.

Haha its like your level of self absorbtion makes you come off as socially retarded.

I'm with Radeng, homeboy's got his head up his ass too far and can't listen. Ban this fool.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
That comment was way left field but I am a bit frustrated, gotta cheer up for a date I have upcoming but damn. It’s like why... Like what is up with my fellow man? Are we on this forum the only ones going out to get better and live that life while everyone is just like out of it?

This thread was uncalled for but I am so damn frustrated.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
My true colors are to help you anyway I can if your willing to help yourself.

It seemed like you changed your attitude after Chase's long post and I was genuinely pulling for you... but it looks like you went straight back to the old Peach Frustration.

Bro I'm rooting for you but if your not gonna help yourself there's nothing I nor anyone else can help you with... your just wasting forum space and everyone's time which isnt fair to us.

Knuckle up quick or gtfo dawg.

radeng

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Dude, go to bars to meet drinking buddies lol. It’s like no shit huh, you mean I should meet the people who do the activity by going to the place they do the activity? Lolol also I go to Atl a few times a year. Got a great lay last New Years from a really cute Asain geargia state student who was in a sorority and was there with a bunch of frat dudes who were all cool as hell... I’m sure they were the same dudes that you hate so much. My buddy (we are both 31) is banging a smoking hot student from down there who is 20, like model hot girl and she talks about how cool guys are hard to find. She is also in sorority. I mean, I’m not an Atl expert by any means. But people I met in bars in Buckhead were all super nice also in the highland area. Made out with a cute chick at this little hipster bar w a ping pong table just a few months ago when I was there for 2 days. It’s not Atl man. It really is just you. Stop blaming your circumstances and start blaming yourself for problems. You have an external locus of control that is killing you. Look that up. No more blaming things. The blame is on you man.

Radeng

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Not sure how you met these nice people in Buckhead bars but unless you are living here, I would be interested to see how much came from it. Sure people will be friendly and talk to you for that night but they won't really talk to you after that. I had the same initial experiences you had but nothing good really came from them.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Dude, I literally just made friends with an entire circle last night and we have plans to chill soon. Cool guys, that were friendly, with plenty of girls talking with them.

If you have similar interests outside of drinking (or not even! if you're fun to party with because you're social enough) you talk about those interests. You propose exploring those interests on a later date. You exchange numbers, then text them the next day. Have you tried any of that?

It's not like that all the time - maybe they didn't like you enough. Maybe they were busy and didn't respond. Try again until it works and you'll make friends. Or are you still not sure it's possible?

>