FR 
Insta-Date

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
Was doing some approaches today and none of them were getting received well. Was about to go into my gym to work out when I spotted a girl out of the corner of my eye. She seemed really pretty so I ran up in front of her and opened her directly. We started talking, and I asked her what she was up to and she told me she was buying flowers. I ribbed her a little about it and teased before deep diving on some topics. I think we talked about where she was from and what she did for work. I asked her if she was single, and she kind of shrugged and said yeah (this was a common theme of this date-the girl seemed mildly bored/low energy about everything, so not sure what was happening). I asked her if she would be down for a coffee sometime and she said yeah. I talked a little bit more, then asked her how important buying her flowers was. She admitted that it was something she wanted to do to avoid doing tomorrow. I suggested we grab a coffee right now, and she thinks about it, and shrugs and says yeah.

So we walk towards the coffee shop, and I start asking more about her work. I believe I make some statements regarding her personality that she kind of chuckles at. She mentions that she's getting a little old for something, and I say that she can't be older than 25, and she says that I'm exactly right. We get to the coffee place, and she picks a table where we can sit across from each other, instead of next to each other in a booth, and I can't think of a way to get into a more intimate seating arrangement. I try to play it more cool and casual and match her vibe, while still touching her hand from time to time. She seems receptive to that. I talk to her more about her work, and what she wants out of it. The thing that confused me was that I was leading almost all of the conversation, and while she was telling me a lot about herself, and a lot of stories about her life, she very rarely asked questions back to me or showed interest in me. Not sure what to make of that. I gave pretty solid eye contact I think. We probably chilled there for about 45 minutes to an hour. I suggest that we go play shuffleboard nearby, and she asks if I'm down for food instead. I say sure, since I can't think of a good excuse, and it's pretty late so dinner should be done. I try taking us to a place close to mine to pull later.

We reach a thai restaurant, and again we sit across from each other. I try teasing a little more, but it's hard to do much without being able to touch her. I'm having a little hard time coming up with chase frames, but there is a light flirty air, and I definitely get the impression that she likes me. She mentions that she was trying to avoid going back to her apartment later, which I took for a green light to invite her back to my place later. At some point, I also asked her when she graduated, and she mentioned 2015. She asked for me, and I told her to guess. She thought I graduated in 2013, when I actually graduated in 2018. She was super surprised to find out my age. She didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I cold read her as being independent and she said she was. We also talked about relationships, and I talked about some of my friends who were long distance for a long time, and another friend who I would cease to see whenever he entered a relationship. I said that both of those types of relationships seemed insane to me, and she agreed with me. I definitely think she would be a good casual relationship, and she seems career-oriented enough to be down for that. She asked me what my plan was after, and I told her I hadn't thought about it yet. I said that I was thinking we should grab some wine, and she thought about it and said next time. I let it sit and tried to be nonreactive. I made a comment about the check a little later (long enough to not be on the heels of the previous conversation thread), and she said there was no rush. I took that as either 1. she liked me, or 2. she really didn't want to go back to her apartment. We split the bill (she offered, and I think I could have been smoother in accepting the offer). I ask her if she's down to come over and have some wine, and she says that we can do that another time. I leave it at that, and we walk out.

I walk with her up until we have to split up, and give her a hug, which I think lasted long enough to keep interest. It was also a hug where we were pressed quite close together.

I had a fun time, though I don't know how to handle the boredom/lack of energy well. It was also extremely difficult to build a flirty/sexual vibe without touch.

Earlier, I had asked her availability for the upcoming week, and she mentioned Wednesday. On the walk out, I told her we'd plan something for then, and she said okay. So hopefully I'll see her then.

She was quite attractive, and she used to dance a lot.

Hopefully I see her again.

Sent this text about 20-30 minutes after we left (around 10:05PM)

Me: Hey A, thanks for a great time tonight! I had a lot of fun! Save my number ;) -Kvothe
Her (10:47PM): Hey! Thanks for keeping me out of the apartment longer than planned. I had a great time! Glad we ran into each other!

Pretty warm response (relative to her in person), so I think I will most likely see her again, assuming I don't screw up texting.

Last edited:
>