Need Help With This:When I Meet Someone with opposing views

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Dear All,
I know that I am posting here after a very long time but I need help with an issue that has been plaguing me on a deeper level and I just realized it.
Whenever I tend to talk to someone with opposing world views as that of my own, I tend to start doubting my own personal beliefs and over think on whether my way is truly the right way or not. Partially, this also happens because I am very open to learning from other individual's experiences and tend to absorb them into my own thought process. This happens especially in a group scenario where two or three people who have opposing viewpoints to that of my own, voice the same to me directly.

For E.G. I believe its totally wrong to try to first be friends with a girl to get sex from her. But just today I met two people who disagreed with me and said that sex after becoming friends with a girl is also totally possible. This kinda made me feel low and doubt myself even though I know for a fact what the real thing is as I have read all the main articles on this site.

Can anybody help me understand why this happens to me and how to fix it? I really want to be able to stand up to what I believe in without taking in the dogmatic views of others. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
When I argue with people, I listen to what they have to tell, but I tell them if I don't agree with them, and we certainly don't have to. This comes from the last 3-4 years of getting to know myself way better and know what is most important to me. But it was only last year when I reached a certain point that I had some kind of epiphany: I had sucked up so much inspiration from left and right, real life experiences and talking with other people that I could tell myself "right now, I just want to stick to the things I stand for and don't argue with people if we don't agree". Few things move me these days, but I'm open to change my views as my life goes on.

If you're anything like me, you'll get there in time through your experiences and actively shaping your views. Seriously, you do need real life experience REALLY BAD to back up your claims. As an example: How can you tell other guys that sex before friendship is possible AND doubt it yourself if you have bedded many girls first and become friends afterwards? You just can't doubt it because your reality is different than theirs. And you chuckle on the inside because they don't know what you know.

Maybe you are all "victims" of societal programming. Example, you hear something you're used to hear - like, people have to marry before sex - but you suddenly jump to bed with a girl you barely know. And then it happens again. And again. Then you meet some guys and tell them "you can have sex with girls before marriage", but they don't agree. They even tell you it's wrong?? And you start questioning yourself because you're used to hear the same thing. And you start to believe it again despite your experience. However, you jump to bed with more girls you barely know, and at some point you realize your surroundings have been telling a lie. Some girls do in fact have sex before marriage - which is completely okay. And you yourself like to go bed with these girls before marriage because it's fun!

Do you tell people about your experiences when you make statements about views that is considered controversial? Only to really close friends who are openminded, in my opinion. And maybe a couple of lovers. Be careful telling people that could ruin your reputation - they might talk too loudly about what you told them.

Yeah. Go out and do more of the things you believe in - or want to believe in - to back up your claims. Then the probability of you "surrendering" to their views and doubting your own should become 0 at best. You want to hear their point of view and tell yourself "I see where he is coming from, but I can't agree becuase I have the opposite".

I hope other guys have similar experiences and share them with us!

Forger_38

Rookie
Rookie
As it has already been said, don't get swayed away by what everyone else says, because you'll end up with no real beliefs, no real personnality, in other words, no appeal. If you have some dedication and confidence in your ideas and opinions, it means you do have some confidence in yourself, which is something girls like ; who likes a weak person that can't even defend their own idea ten minutes into a discussion? Being that makes you a NPC, a grey man that blends in the background. In fact, some of my confidence comes from the habit I had to engage in political debates! This way, I practiced defending my opinion, explaining it, trying to convince people of what I think is right, which results in more confidence in yourself. I'm not telling that you should go to the local branch of your local party right now, but that you should be able to stand your ground in a debate ; it will be crucial when trying to appeal to a woman. Hell, would YOU like a weak woman who will change her views every time she talks with you, then with her family, then with her friends, then with her doctor or whatever, then again with you...

>