Should i be the one providing for my girlfriend ?

Thulani96

Space Monkey
space monkey
hey guys

Ive got a small problem thats been eating away at me for some time. Ive been dating my girlfriend for 1 year and some months now. Over the period of time we've been dating, there. has been an increase in responsibility i have for my girlfriend. She is in college, with a pending diploma, of which she's having trouble compleating because of her parents' financial problems.

For the past two months she's been renting a room in a girls boarding house , which i have been paying $90 for, i mean im a young man, that could go a long way for me. Apart from that ive been helping her out with a few groceries from time to time. Im an artist so when i sell paintings , its how ive been paying her rent .

well at first it was cool, because i actually felt like i was kind of being the good guy. But now im starting to feel a little sceptical , because i read on here about how, i am supposed to be tge lover and not the provider , and about how youre a "bitch boy" if you're doing good things for your girlfriend. That you have to say "No" so that she'll respect you. I mean im just confused , i dont want to look stingy, but neither do i wanna be a disrespected.

I know its a stupid move and i admit i shouldnt have, but ive spoken to her about this whenever she starts to take shit forgranted. I told her that she needs to start handling shit for herself, and that im not going to keep tying her shoes for her. and whats been happening is shes been apologising for asking for stuff and shes been saying she wishes she could pay me back if only she had enough money. she's been trying to make up for it by being submissive.

Because of these insecurities , ive been making up for it with too much sex , being too dominant and controlling. But im just trying to take care of her, while being a good lover at the same time.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Dude theres only 2 answers for this an a will cover both...Yes ya should and more importantly NO ya shouldn't!!

THIS WONT BE POPULAR BUT: Being the provider is fine, if thats what ya want. If ya happy to be serious an committed an ya the lover/provider thats ya choice an if ya can afford it an it doesnt bother ya thats fo ya what ya do yah?? Ya in a LTR which usually means ya transition into the provider role unless ya manage this an manage the expectations...

But ya really shouldnt be providing, ya want to be the lover that way she is with ya for ya an not the stuff that ya provide an she will chase an invest in ya. Its not what ya do for her but what she does for you. Shes currently being submissive an givin ya a lot if sex which is what ya want but its also a weak power frame to shove how ya provide for her in her face. its true an ya will put her in her place with it which is why she then quickly submits but shes submitting cause shes dependant on keeping you sweet so she keeps her lifestyle yah?

it will be difficult to get out of the provider role now cause its what she expects so ya will have to transition back but ya have enabled her now by doing it in the first place. ya fucked yaself by trying to be a GOOD GUY (Seriously who does that??) to get out now its her financial problem which as the guy ya have to lead if ya with her. Ya have to help her fix her problem to become sufficient otherwise running away without solving the problem fucks ya ability to lead an problem solve which ya have to do as her man. Silly little thing needs guidance ;P shes either lied to ya to get ya to pay or ya white knighted, either way ya enabled this an pulling funds without a legitimate reason screams its over.....what do ya want?

Thulani96

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well i think, ive had it. About a week ago i told her that i will not continue with the way things are going. I told her i will not pay anymore bills and she has to get the shit toghether. She started to tell me about how shes been searching for a job, and we got into a fight. I told her that i didn't want to see her for two weeks, she said "ok if thats what your heart wants" . but she gets attitude because i have told her that im not doing anymore shît for her. . I just don't want her getting money from other guys, I was trying to secure the relationship. but she told me she doesn't want to depend on any man. But you never know girls, they say something today and do something else tomorrow.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Dude who cares if she gets money from other guys?? shes not ya problem. Ya shouldnt be paying for her anyway an if she can leech from someone else let her!

If ya had enough ya had enough an ya shouldnt have been put in that position anyway ya??

Forget her attitude its her playing a game to see if ya will fold, fuck that! same as when she said if thats what ya heart wants. Emotional play, a hope ya didnt fold cause any sense of weakness an she will manipulate ya for it!

Ma ex fucked with ma head with emotional plays, as soon as ya cut out the emotion an dont react everything is much clearer dude!!

>