Toby moves to NYC in critical stage of life, all help appreciated!

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
After a wild end to 2018, I am now in NYC. A job offer presented itself, I took it and like that here I am. Its expensive, cold as fuck right now and it is an adjustment period. Being that I recently hit 25, I knew I was not getting any younger and NYC always interested me as a city as someone that didn’t grow up in the region. As bad as my previous city was though, I did leave getting laid the night before, that boosted the confidence!

NYC has been a breath of fresh air (not literally though!).

I feel like compared to my last city, I can go to every block here and run into a girl that is cute. Right now I am in Manhattan and that is why but every day walking around I feel like I see at least a couple girls that are approachable. A lot of them have headphones in but still, well worth it for me to get back into daygame again after not doing it for months. I have made 5 approaches already, more than I made in the past 6 months when I was in my last city. A lot of the hot ones do have headphones in though, approach anxiety is also kicking in a lot for me while the super cold weather is not helping.

I know I am here for a reason, first being that I have a job which is pretty crucial but the other one being that I need to grow socially and personally. There are a lot of things I missed out on in college my early 20s that I knew I had to take Chase’s advice of going to a major city. I see NYC as my chance to enjoy the last bits of my 20s, make good friends and finally have fun memories I can look back on.

Short term goals:

1. Find long-term living situation that works in an area that is a great fit. Currently taking a 2 month sublet close to where I will be working, like 5 min walk away.

2. Get accustomed to the city and get a feel for what I like and what I do not.

My thoughts are, keep it simple in terms of my goals and what I want. If I can line up my goals, I can simply approach them with action. Here are long term goals.

1. Develop and make strides socially. 

I want a social network of people around my age (20s) who are single and love going out. If I can have weekends where I am going out with a group. This also means not just getting laid but having hot girls as friends, for social proof and in my social network. This also means winning on social media with great pics and a lot more followers.
 Just no more having to feel like a social outcast who is on the outside looking in.

2. Really get engrained in the nightlife here, lets get that demon handled before its too late.

I am looking to find work at a bar on top of my 9 to 5 eventually once I have settled into life in the city in a couple months, right now I do not even know which bars are hot and which ones are not. One of the reasons I moved to the city, though not a major one, is because I always wanted to experience NYC nightlife, clubs and everything.

3. Get laid and improve my game.

This is not at the top of my list, I think if I can get laid once a month or once every 2 months I will be happy. I already have 18 matches on Hinge since landing here. My focus is more one getting hotter girls than just getting the lay count up right now.

There is that, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the most of NYC, hit me up. Its a big move for me but also one I know had to happen to transform me.

uForia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Your situation and goals seem very similar to what I'd expect based on my posts in interning in NYC 2 years ago (holy shit it's been that long) here and here. I ended up moving to Seattle after that internship due to getting into a more prestigious firm with much higher pay but boy I was miserable just like you in Atlanta. My life was pretty much 'monk mode' for the past 2 years and I can say that I'm coming out of it more confident and less giving a damn having been there and done that with the post-college life.

I just told my manager I'm transferring to NYC very recently so I'm pretty much in a similar situation with you. My decision to move back to NYC, like yours, wasn't trivial but I think it all boiled down to what I really want more. At my level of income, money can take a backseat to learning how to get the women I want and it turns out the returns for learning game is exponential just like compound interest. I'd love to talk more about my background if we manage to ever meet in real life or anything like that.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
uForia said:
Your situation and goals seem very similar to what I'd expect based on my posts in interning in NYC 2 years ago (holy shit it's been that long) here and here. I ended up moving to Seattle after that internship due to getting into a more prestigious firm with much higher pay but boy I was miserable just like you in Atlanta. My life was pretty much 'monk mode' for the past 2 years and I can say that I'm coming out of it more confident and less giving a damn having been there and done that with the post-college life.

I just told my manager I'm transferring to NYC very recently so I'm pretty much in a similar situation with you. My decision to move back to NYC, like yours, wasn't trivial but I think it all boiled down to what I really want more. At my level of income, money can take a backseat to learning how to get the women I want and it turns out the returns for learning game is exponential just like compound interest. I'd love to talk more about my background if we manage to ever meet in real life or anything like that.
Hell, I'd love to meet some here who are in NYC, I could use a good wingman!

uForia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Toby said:
uForia said:

Yeah I'm coming to NYC in around a week or so. However, it seems like your goal is night game and mine is day game so we may see some differences there but I'd love to meetup and get my social life started.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
uForia said:
Toby said:
uForia said:

Yeah I'm coming to NYC in around a week or so. However, it seems like your goal is night game and mine is day game so we may see some differences there but I'd love to meetup and get my social life started.

Hit me up when you get a chance

PM me

>