Struggling with setting calling expectations with acquaintances and such?

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I'm trying to keep contact with most people and girls very casual but still alive.

That's about a call per 45 days or so. But, how do I communicate that to someone who calls me or texts me more often, to contact me less?

Met a guy, tried to help him with rent but couldn't, he texted me twice. Both times I called and said if you have to talk then call, I don't like to text much. Now he works in aviation and told me about job openings, so I know it's probably going to be both of us investing. But I'm sure me telling him to call me instead of text wasn't smooth. It's like I'm telling him what to do. I want to make it clear that we're going to be in touch but not too frequently, but do that with without hurting the relationship or whatever in this beginning stage. How do I do that smoothly?

Also met a kid in another city of 15 years, she is cute but I can't get involved because she is a minor. She also texted me and called me, and I told her basically "I can call you every 2 months or so, we can still know what's going on in your life that way", but it wasn't smooth.

How do I do this smoothly with new people, girls and past friends that I have no contact with but want to put in the 45 day call rotation?

>