Young people are having less Sex.....

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Long but interesting article that was linked to a podcast I check out....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... on/573949/

.....American teenagers and young adults are having less sex.

To the relief of many parents, educators, and clergy members who care about the health and well-being of young people, teens are launching their sex lives later. From 1991 to 2017, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Youth Risk Behavior Survey finds, the percentage of high-school students who’d had intercourse dropped from 54 to 40 percent. In other words, in the space of a generation, sex has gone from something most high-school students have experienced to something most haven’t. (And no, they aren’t having oral sex instead—that rate hasn’t changed much.)

Fisher, like many other experts, attributes the sex decline to a decline in couplehood among young people. For a quarter century, fewer people have been marrying, and those who do have been marrying later. At first, many observers figured that the decline in marriage was explained by an increase in unmarried cohabitation—yet the share of people living together hasn’t risen enough to offset the decline in marriage: About 60 percent of adults under age 35 now live without a spouse or a partner. One in three adults in this age range live with their parents, making that the most common living arrangement for the cohort. People who live with a romantic partner tend to have sex more than those who don’t—and living with your parents is obviously bad for your sex life. But this doesn’t explain why young people are partnering up less to begin with.

1. Sex for One
The retreat from sex is not an exclusively American phenomenon. Most countries don’t track their citizens’ sex lives closely, but those that try (all of them wealthy) are reporting their own sex delays and declines. One of the most respected sex studies in the world, Britain’s National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles, reported in 2001 that people ages 16 to 44 were having sex more than six times a month on average. By 2012, the rate had dropped to fewer than five times. Over roughly the same period, Australians in relationships went from having sex about 1.8 times a week to 1.4 times. Finland’s “Finsex” study found declines in intercourse frequency, along with rising rates of masturbation.

2. Hookup Culture and Helicopter Parents

Still, the trend continued: Each wave of teenagers had sex a little later, and the pregnancy rate kept inching down. You wouldn’t have known either of these things, though, from all the hyperventilating about hookup culture that started in the late ’90s. The New York Times, for example, announced in 1997 that on college campuses, casual sex “seems to be near an all-time high.” It didn’t offer much data to support this, but it did introduce the paper’s readers to the term hooking up, which it defined as “anything from 20 minutes of strenuous kissing to spending the night together fully clothed to sexual intercourse.”

Pretty much ever since, people have been overestimating how much casual sex high-school and college students are having (even, surveys show, students themselves). In the past several years, however, a number of studies and books on hookup culture have begun to correct the record. One of the most thoughtful of these is American Hookup: The New Culture of Sex on Campus, by Lisa Wade, a sociology professor at Occidental College. The book draws on detailed journals kept by students at two liberal-arts colleges from 2010 to 2015, as well as on Wade’s conversations with students at 24 other colleges and universities.
“We hook up because we have no social skills. We have no social skills because we hook up.”

He couldn’t escape the sense that hitting on someone in person had, in a short period of time, gone from normal behavior to borderline creepy.

4. Bad Sex (Painfully Bad)
One especially springlike morning in May, as Debby Herbenick and I walked her baby through a park in Bloomington, Indiana, she shared a bit of advice she sometimes offers students at Indiana University, where she is a leading sex researcher. “If you’re with somebody for the first time,” she said evenly, “don’t choke them, don’t ejaculate on their face, don’t try to have anal sex with them. These are all things that are just unlikely to go over well.”

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
This brings a lot of conflicting emotions to the surface for me. On the one hand, I feel a certain scorn for modern patterns and those who perpetrate them. Serves most men right for their weakness.

On the other hand, it is sad where our world is heading, specifically the Western world. I see the spell I'm able to put girls under, and how happy and fulfilled I can make them, and wish more women got to experience this, not even necessarily with me.

At the very least, it is pretty cool myself and users of this site are slaying as much as we are in spite of the "sexual recession". Guys like us are the future.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
FT,

Actually, people are just good at lying? And teenage pregnancy is decline is true, because women getting pregnant later on. ;)

What is the lesson? Yes the world is fucking. But it is mostly poor countries. And people are adaptable. A lot of society don't say this but there is a common pattern that many women get knocked up later on and keep the baby because their parents are either retarded, don't care and they just don't have a purpose of life.

which the son will be her 'purpose of life'. Which will result in retarded children because the father, not the sperm father but the "role". doesn't exist.

Zac

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Food for thought: Japan is one of the most sexually marketed societies in the world (hentai, anime, sex marketed everywhere), with the most technology and sexual presentation probably anywhere. They even have love hotels and condom vending machines. Yet...it's also one of the societies where there is a serious dating crisis. Men don't approach women anymore, people aren't getting married, and people aren't having babies. As a result, the population overall is in a downward spiral.

Is it a coincidence?

I would also add that this study doesn't reflect another hidden trend - it's not that young people aren't getting laid, it's that women are having sex with a far smaller percentage of men - the true Alphas. So what's probably actually happened is that there is a smaller group of men than before, having sex with more women than before.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
FT,

Excellent post. And so much for the so called Hookup Culture.

@GP
Grand Pooba said:
I would also add that this study doesn't reflect another hidden trend - it's not that young people aren't getting laid, it's that women are having sex with a far smaller percentage of men - the true Alphas. So what's probably actually happened is that there is a smaller group of men than before, having sex with more women than before.
There is also a new phenomenon - the sugar daddy thing, and other forms of "friends with benefits" where the "benefits" are from the point of view of the woman (such as a cash arrangement, or a trip on a private cruise ship, or whatever). Essentially new forms of "feel good" prostitution that doesn't acknowledge itself for what it is. She will rationalize it to herself as "mutually agreeable arrangement", then later on erase it from her past and memories when she seeks a husband.

Well technically this is not a new thing, but it seems it is getting some sort of societal acceptance (the term "sugar baby" for instance) these days.

>