Movies or characters to mirror

demigod

Space Monkey
space monkey
South Africa, Earth, Orion Arm, Via Lactea
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some characters to mirror or movies which shows some good approaches that is actually implementable. I know theres a list somewhere in the forums and on the site , I've seen that already.
In particular I want to know if Spread (the Ashton Kutcher movie) is a good one to try and learn some behaviours from?
Any other good suggestions are also welcome.

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sure

Rhett Butler- Gone with the Wind
James Bond- Any, preferably Daniel Craig, Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan
Harvey Specter- Suits
Don Draper- Mad Men
Oberyn Martell- Game of Thrones
Khal Drogo- Game of Thrones
Chuck Bass- Gossip Girl
Lucas Hood- Banshee
Cullen Bohannon- Hell on Wheels
Thomas shelby- Peaky Blinders
Johnathan Pine- The Night Manager
Ryan Gisling- Crazy, Stupid Love
Iron Man
Damon Salvatore- The Vampire Diaries
Elijah Mikaleson- The Originals

That should be enough for now
-M

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I haven't seen Spread.

As for the characters, you just take what aspects of their personality that you like and mirror that. You don't literally take everything about the guy and become that, just the bits which improve you and make you better.

With the Elijah example, sure he might not be that aggressive I suppose but... He's always calm, he's never rushed, he talks slowly, he dresses very well, he's subtle(Which I hear you have to be at high-level social situations). He's very graceful and always handles most social situations with ease, he's also got that great pursed lip default facial expression. Still, heaps of great things there to emulate.

-M

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Marcellus said:
Sure

Rhett Butler- Gone with the Wind
James Bond- Any, preferably Daniel Craig, Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan
Harvey Specter- Suits
Don Draper- Mad Men
Oberyn Martell- Game of Thrones
Khal Drogo- Game of Thrones
Chuck Bass- Gossip Girl
Lucas Hood- Banshee
Cullen Bohannon- Hell on Wheels
Thomas shelby- Peaky Blinders
Johnathan Pine- The Night Manager
Ryan Gisling- Crazy, Stupid Love
Iron Man
Damon Salvatore- The Vampire Diaries
Elijah Mikaleson- The Originals

That should be enough for now
-M

Not my thread but thanks for the list! I'll be checking out a few of them

demigod

Space Monkey
space monkey
South Africa, Earth, Orion Arm, Via Lactea
Marcellus said:
I haven't seen Spread.

As for the characters, you just take what aspects of their personality that you like and mirror that. You don't literally take everything about the guy and become that, just the bits which improve you and make you better.

With the Elijah example, sure he might not be that aggressive I suppose but... He's always calm, he's never rushed, he talks slowly, he dresses very well, he's subtle(Which I hear you have to be at high-level social situations). He's very graceful and always handles most social situations with ease, he's also got that great pursed lip default facial expression. Still, heaps of great things there to emulate.

-M

Ok yeah that's true. I did like his character though, just in general.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In addition to what Marcellus wrote, check:
James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause ( A difficult one to emulate but really intense if done right )
Marlon Brando in a few of his earlier movies
And one I realized recently, Al Pacino in The Godfather. His super confident, calm and badass body language without being try hard is amazing. A very under the radar type of body language but superb.
As for approaching, check Juan Antonio in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. There is an article on the main site which breaks down his approach. Really worth checking.

Cheers,
James D

>