Gym front desk actress looking cutie who kindly shot me down. Worth another try?

brunomcf

Space Monkey
space monkey
TL:TR

- Great Indicators of Interest upon Gym sign up
- Lack of opportunity to invite and dragged this for 3 months
- Looking needy during a "spell" season, low reputation and the gym, and looking like cheap complaining costumer
- Invited out today, was shot down in a true sweet way. Like if she really wanted too, but something bigger was holding her back
- Worth another move?

Back in mid October I was just back from Algarve vacations where I had lots of fun with some hotties.
Confidence was high, and I was looking fit and tanned too!

As I was signing up for this new gym, the front desk hottie was giving me those glittery sparkly eyes, touching her, like a kid looking at a candy store checking me out.
She was super nice and all smiles.

I've tried the same day inviting her out just on the front desk with a bold move.
But everytime I was going there, someone would just get in line on jump on my conversation. felt like people knew what I was up to, and wanted to ruin it.

There were 3 staff members and they do shifts and work backoffice when gym is running slow. So, I never knew when she was there.
As I was trying to meet her, I think it became obvious among the staff I was trying something with her.

Time went by, and I wasn't getting any action with other girls, started checking out some leg squatting booties moving around, and looking somehow needy.

On top of that, her colleague kinda hatted me I complained about some gym problems. And she's just that kind of chick who hates her job, expects a paycheck at the end of the month and despises "complain about everything costumers".

Given all this, I assume the image she had of me when signing up, had probably changed, with me looking like a needy cheap annoying gym member.

I tried to do some hot and cold, being super cool when checking in one day, and just ignoring she was there the next 2 days.

I felt today the time was right, as the gym was closing a 2pm, and she was the one closing it up.
So, on my exit, there was just the cleaning guy at he gym, and I stopped by the front desk and asked for advice to grab a after gym snack. Tried to tell 2-3 jokes before asking her out for a coffee.
She said "Sorry, I really can't" with the sweetest smile, and tone of voice.
When I asked her to drop her number and do it another day, I've got the same reply, and just said goodbye and walked away.

Should I have insisted and asked what was the reason why?
Maybe do some more warm up to create rapport before asking out.

I've got the feeling she wanted too, but something was holding her back.
Boyfriend would be obvious. but I think what really shot me down was not doing it in the beginning, days after signing up. And after that looking needy, cheap costumer and having no social approval from her coworkers.

I'm obviously meeting tons of girls whenever I have the chance to go to Downtown, and will not suffer from another "Onitis" crisis like i did almost ten years ago.

But I do like this chick, and if there's anything i can do to try to get her to go out with me, I'll do so.

Any ideas guys?

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: Gym front desk actress looking cutie who kindly shot me down. Worth another

I think you're way overthinking this and I'm not seeing any signs of interest on her part. You made a move and got shot down, there is a time to be persistent but this definitely isn't one of them, especially when the person you're trying to get with is at work. Can you imagine someone coming into your place of employment and continuing to try and get with you after you've made it clear you're not interested?

My guess is you've been fixating on this girl for too long and its been really obvious to her. I've been in that position before myself, and the best thing to do is walk away while you have your dignity still intact. You made a move, which is better the pining from the shadows, but it didn't pan out. Now forget about this girl and go meet some new ones.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

I wouldn't be persistent with a girl on the job. Maybe if we worked together, maybe.

U don't want to look like that creepy guy who keeps asking the front desk girl out.

brunomcf

Space Monkey
space monkey

lostnumber said:
I think you're way overthinking this and I'm not seeing any signs of interest on her part. You made a move and got shot down, there is a time to be persistent but this definitely isn't one of them, especially when the person you're trying to get with is at work. Can you imagine someone coming into your place of employment and continuing to try and get with you after you've made it clear you're not interested?

My guess is you've been fixating on this girl for too long and its been really obvious to her. I've been in that position before myself, and the best thing to do is walk away while you have your dignity still intact. You made a move, which is better the pining from the shadows, but it didn't pan out. Now forget about this girl and go meet some new ones.

Moving along to other targets is definitely the most rational thing to do.
And i do have plenty on sight, and a couple of postponned dates ( I suck for that), I'll set up later.

There were strong IOI's at the beginning, but I ruined it for taking so long, and looking needy.

She's still very smiley and kind to me. Maybe it's just her character, but when i pass the front desk she isn't like that to most of people.

I wander if the only thing holding her back was being asked out at her workplace, and probably getting fired.
reason why, if I do go there one last time, I'll just drop some nice lines, and my contact card.
That way, I'll know if it wasn't job related or not.

If I do so, it will be the very last attempt, cause I don't wanna be as you mention "the creepy guy who keeps stalking the front desk girl".

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

A second attempt on your part will not go well. UNLESS you meet her in a totally social non work environment and she initiates contact.

Classic case of "Don't Shit where you eat"

>