Girls avoiding eye contact and ignoring you

Steve1341

Rookie
Rookie
So one thing I find in college is that if a girl shows attraction at one point, and I'm not interested but I'm just trying to be friendly they stop being friendly start outright ignoring me making it hard to be a sociable guy who talks to everyone because the list of girls who will talk to you shrinks.

There is this on girl at college who I have a class with, and during that class she interacts with me when address her - but then when I see her in the street or supermarket and just wave or say hello she looks straight ahead and pretends she can't see or hear me and continues walking. I have no idea what this behaviour suggests. Is this some kind of auto reject, value too high?, value too low? or something else? If it was lack of attraction I would need to be more challenging, if it was auto reject I would need to be nicer which is difficult when someone won't even say hello and completely ignores me outside of class.

Then I'm reminded of another girl I sat next to today in class. We were supposed to discuss stuff in groups of 4 but she would just talk to the person next to her which she already knew and wouldn't actively engage. If I specifically addressed her she would answer without making any eye contact with me before continuing to discuss the class topic with her friend. I would have to specifically address her to get her to engage for every topic we were supposed to discuss, and every response was with no eye contact. So once again I have no idea if it's lack of attraction or auto reject but the behaviour is annoying and I'm not sure how to deal with it but this is something I often experience when sitting next to new girls at college as there are a lot of students and I can't get a good read on the behaviour.

Even some of the guys I sit next to start putting the palm of their hand on their neck, elbow on their desk on the side next to me, and fidgeting like crazy. They are 19-20, I'm 25.

Evan27

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Steve1341 said:
So one thing I find in college is that if a girl shows attraction at one point, and I'm not interested but I'm just trying to be friendly they stop being friendly start outright ignoring me making it hard to be a sociable guy who talks to everyone because the list of girls who will talk to you shrinks.

If what you are saying in this part is true, if there was initial attraction, then I'd say it becomes auto-rejection. On the other hand, if she has always stared away from you, then there is not much you can do, especially if it feels like she is avoiding you.

For the group project, this girl may just be real shy, and cling to her friend around strangers. If you don't think she is that shy, then you should mirror what she is doing. Talk to everyone else in the group, focus on what they have to say, and truly be interested in talking to them while ignoring her. She will eventually want to get your attention back.

Howtogetgirls

Space Monkey
space monkey
How about she is just busy with something else and it has nothing to do with you. Hoe many times have you missed someone you know because you were busy doing something else? It is hard to say what exactly the context was, but that is mine perspective.

>