Field Update: Day 6 of Newbie Challenge

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
]Hey fellas,

A thank you to Nino for his newbie assignment.

I'm working through it slower than suggested, i.e. a day is a week or so.

Strictly speaking, I'm moving onto day 6: '"Half off" Day.' The whole 'hi' and 'how's your day going' is getting more comfortable, admittedly a lot of my openers have been with hired guns.

Today, I went to a local coffee house and the barista making my drink remembered I had my drink without cream and asked me if I wanted it without. I felt little flattered without showing it and stayed calm and said I was impressed with her 'customer awareness.' Yeah I know, sounds wack, although she liked it and said she remembers most customers, which made it feel less personal.

I asked her how her day was going she said what most people at work say 'busy' etc. She asked me how mine was, I said, 'probably not as full as yours'. She asked me where do I work? I said it's my day off, to maintain some mystery.

Damn, she was how I like a girls, fairly thick long light blonde hair, warm affable and friendly (she's at work so expected to be friendly etc.).

Next time, I'll say something to her with the express intention of getting rejected, she's hot, but I can take an L to get used to rejection.. if she's polite and shrugs off any advances.

What could I ask her? Or is it best not to ask a hired gun?

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ohdude said:
]Hey fellas,

A thank you to Nino for his newbie assignment.

I'm working through it slower than suggested, i.e. a day is a week or so.

Strictly speaking, I'm moving onto day 6: '"Half off" Day.' The whole 'hi' and 'how's your day going' is getting more comfortable, admittedly a lot of my openers have been with hired guns.

Today, I went to a local coffee house and the barista making my drink remembered I had my drink without cream and asked me if I wanted it without. I felt little flattered without showing it and stayed calm and said I was impressed with her 'customer awareness.' Yeah I know, sounds wack, although she liked it and said she remembers most customers, which made it feel less personal.

I asked her how her day was going she said what most people at work say 'busy' etc. She asked me how mine was, I said, 'probably not as full as yours'. She asked me where do I work? I said it's my day off, to maintain some mystery.

Damn, she was how I like a girls, fairly thick long light blonde hair, warm affable and friendly (she's at work so expected to be friendly etc.).

Next time, I'll say something to her with the express intention of getting rejected, she's hot, but I can take an L to get used to rejection.. if she's polite and shrugs off any advances.

Try to push each interaction as far as possible. I did a lot of approaches and after about 100 realized that I could have asked out so many of them. Use yes ladder and just say would you like to get coffee sometime.

Getting a yes isnt the point. Your goal is to ask her out. If you get rejected thats still a win cause at home you dont wonder what if i asked her out. Regret is a bitch.

About hired guns if youre regular avoid asking out. Also hired guns are tricky. Chase has a special piece on hired guns. Google it.

Also you dont wanna be thinking shes exactly my type or anything. I let my mind wonder a lot about a girl who i dont know very well. Now my brain is tricking me that shes special. Watch out for that thats a slippery slope.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Ohdude said:
admittedly a lot of my openers have been with hired guns.

Admittedly, on days i am feeling lazy or my approach anxiety is bugging me, I'll approach a lot of hired guns. For some reason it just feels like less pressure to me (even though i open direct). I made a mistake though, lol. There's a lot of female security guards at one of the malls I like to game at. Well...I hit on all the security guards! Ugh, what was I thinking...

Ohdude said:

As I mentioned, I always go in direct. No beating around the bush. I'm talking to her because I think she's adorable and I want to get to know her, not because I need help with something related to her job.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ohdude said:
]

Change your mindset...: I'm going to say something and it doesn't matter if I am rejected. The reason is....women can sense your intention....And will give you the result you have already foretold yourself in your mind.

Instead of "I'm going to ask her if she wants to get a cup of coffee and she will probably say "no"" tell her "I'm on my way to get a cup of coffee, if you have a break soon I can bring you one and you can tell me about yourself."

I've told women "hey I'm driving through your town in about 20 minutes on my way to XXX. I need to grab lunch. If you are free, I can meet you. I'll be damned if they didn't make time to meet me. More than one time and more than one woman.

The idea is you frame it as SOMETHING YOU ARE DOING ANYWAY and she has the limited opportunity to join you. Then you do what you said whether she is with you or not.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks, fellas, I forgot about this post. Apologies for my latest (re)post.

Appreciate all of you.

>