How to ask a girl out over text ?

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
There are thousands of articles about this online, and I'm sure on GC.

My method is this:

KISS. Keep it simple sexy.

"Hey, wanna meet up tomorrow at 7?"

Jakeroviks

Space Monkey
space monkey
It depends on your style. Generally speaking, though, you want to do it quickly. Send a few back and forth exchanges to build rapport, then set up the date.

If this is your first date with her, there's a chance she'll avoid the question. If she does, you need to hard push for a yes or no while making it clear that you're indifferent to the outcome.

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
A couple things;

1) Make your intent to get her on a date CLEAR before grabbing a girls number. Something as simple as "Let's grab coffee soon" gets the job done because, at that point, she's making the decision to go on a date with you. If you grab a number and she has no idea what you're looking for then you're very likely going to meet a lot of resistance.

2) I prefer 2-3 replies between the two of you before asking her out for the first time. Girls, typically, meet a lot of people on any given day so assume she doesn't remember exactly who you are SO your first few messages should help her to remember you.

3) Keep it simple, as Tony said :) Although, unless you're in a position where you basically only have one day and time available then I find it best to keep your text flexible. "I'm thinking we should grab that coffee this week. What's your schedule like? :)" Going with something like "Let's grab coffee next Wednesday at 9:30" is very limiting and it feels like an unnecessary risk to take because if she's not free that day AND doesn't offer a different time slot then you're gonna fight an uphill battle.

-Richard

>