Approach girls eating?

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've approached girls eating many times. It was difficult. Most of the time she had to stop and talked with me. Also I hadn't find a way to move her to another place. Phone numbers were 100% flake.

Do you guys approach girls eating? My school's cafeteria has many girls sitting alone eating there. I might miss out big opportunities.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks Chase,
My school starts next week, gotta try it out.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just tested it once today.

At the mall. I got lunch, sat near a cute cougar in her 30s. I slowly opened my lunch while checking peripherally. She looked at me first. I waited about one minute. Then I opened.
Me: So, you always eating alone?
Her (smile): Not always
Me: I'm _____
Her: I'm _____ (shake hands). Nice to meet you.
Me: What bring you out today?
Her: I'm having lunch break. I'm working here.
Me: And looking for men
Her: You? (laugh) ... no no I'm married.
Interaction ended. Both of us continued the lunch.

Anyway this tactics was solid, good right on the first time.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just got back to school. It scored me a phone number right on the first try (she might flake though, I hadn't known yet).

7 am. At the dining hall. There was a girl sitting alone. I got the food, then sat near her (one seat distance). I checked the peripheral. She looked at me briefly. I waited for a minute, then I tapped her lightly on the arm. (I think the "waiting for one minute" is key, as it set me aside from "guy opening right away" and "guy doing nothing")
Me: So, you always eating alone?
Her: No, my roommate is still sleeping, I usually eating with her, she hasn't waken up yet.
(Good sign. She justified.)
Me: I have class early so I eat early.
Her: My class is really spread out. I have a class in early morning, then in afternoon, and one in late night.
Me: That's too bad.
Her: What's your major?
Me: ______. What's yours?
Her: _____________________
Me (teasing voice): That's a long-sounding major.
Her (smile): I know (silence in 3 seconds) Why was I interested in that major? It's because ... (long explaination). How about you?
(I had no idea why she asked a question and then answered it herself)
Me: (short explaination)
Her: ______ is tough man.
Me: You seem cool. Let's grab a coffee later today.
Her: Sure why not.
Me: How can I contact you?
Her: (about to grab her phone. I took mine out, she put her number in).
Me: Cool
Then we continued eating. She finished first. She left, "See you later." I responded: "See you later, _____" (I got her name from the number)

Lucifer

Space Monkey
space monkey
Happy to see an article on this! I've had a lot of fun with this and tried it with girls eating alone, as well as a couple of times invited myself to sit with 2 girls using a line I vaguely remember from one of Chase's older articles, something like [after a quick opener]: "Mind if I join you? I don't like eating alone…". The reaction from girls here is priceless cuz it’s a pretty bold move (I was hella nervous the first time I tried it but stayed cool).

Lately when approaching girls eating alone I’ve started to use a time-constraint like “I’m just waiting for my food so I don’t really have a ton of time…” in order to take some pressure off and allay their worries of being a nuisance or that things might get weird.

But, like Curiosity, no success from this type of approach yet, so it’s great to see Chase explain more of the dynamics in this type of situation! I really like the “always eat alone?” opener.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Actually I found a better way to approach. Wait until she's going to get food. Then sit next to the empty seat. When she returns, it will look like she approaches you rather than you approach her.

From the field report
CuriosityKillsTheCat said:
Girl #1: In the dining hall. There was a table with food, but nobody was there. I sat at the table, eating my food. After sometimes a girl came.
=> This "preemptive approach" was good, because it was looking like she approached me, not I approached her.
Me (flirty tone): That pizza looked delicious
Her (smile): I got here before, but when I come back you're already there (good sign, she justified).
Me: What's your name?
Her: I'm ______
Me: I'm ______, nice to meet you.
I hold her hand, squeezed it a little bit. I found out she had been here for 3 month, and she was a freshman. I avoided the "What's your major?" path, because she looked tomboyish, so I went for the "What are you doing in free time?" path. I found out she was a hard party girl, I related a little bit. Turn point:
Her: Where do you get this shirt?
Me: Salvation Army.
Her (playful tone): Good morning Salvation Army. Your shirt is so cool.
Me: Of course it's cool (Agree & Amplify)
3 seconds silence.
Her (quiet tone): Are you single?
Me (think a little bit): Not now.
Her: I'm single too
Me (put my arm on her, looked in her eye, joking tone): Let's hook up.
3 seconds silence.
Her: What are you doing tonight?
Me: Why not going out with me and found out (Chase's Invitational Technique)
Her: I'm on birth control, we can't have sex tonight. (Probably a good sign, she was thinking about sex)
Me (slowed down, looking into space): You don't need to.
Her: Where are we going?

Now, from this point on I was going badly:
Me: Hollywood. I know a few cool place.
Her: It was too far, I can't go to Hollywood.
Me: How about Westwood, just a couple of walk.
She thought very hard, probably about 10 seconds.
Her: What are we going to do?
Me: Let's grab an ice cream.
Another 10 seconds
Her: I have homework tonight, let's do it tomorrow
Me: Homework can wait. You only live once.
Another 10 seconds.
Her: I'll go grab an ice cream.
Then she left, took an ice cream, and she return. From that point on it was going downhill. I tried polarizing as a pattern interrupt, then building rapport, then inviting her to my room, but it failed.

What I should have done:
This girl was clearly a thrill seeker, living in the moment. Therefore I should go for public sex in novel environment, like an empty classroom. Remember the black girl, near #600, I almost had sex with? I pulled her successfully to the back alley because it was a novel environment. Like:
Me: You know the Astronomy building?
Her: (some respond)
Me: (seed intrigue)
Then go to the Astronomy building, enter an empty classroom, and public sex.

>