Casual/FWB  How to not hurting girls while taking it to the casual thing

DAMKY

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hello,

I just registered because I have really simple and important question after devoted reading of the blog. How can I not hurt girls when I lead it to casual relationships or even one-night stands?

I ran into that question because of few things:

Usually, I come up against some girls with instant interest in me, these girls usually are with low value (and I think this is the main reason that they have instant interest in me without even trying to evoke it)

From my perspective, I do not want to date these girls for a long-term relationship
but even if they less pretty or even low value – I still little bit attracted in them for casual things. Till now I usually just dismiss these girls because I don't want to hurt them when taking things to the casual. I know that girls like casual things too (and even really enjoy being with me in ONE). but, when it happens with these girls it usually look like they SEEK long-term relationship with me, probably because I'm high value compare to them (I think I GOOD at reading those signals of what they really want).

I just think if there is a way to be sure not hurting them and taking them to bed?
I trying to avoid moving too fast because they have low self-confidence and also I DO NOT want to sleep with these girls (or with any one) before I tell them explicitly that it's a casual thing (exception: if I'm a traveler or other reason so it's obvious).
I think it's best to do it in the first "date", so it's still moving pretty fast (tell her explicitly and in the same "date" and then try to escalate) but also harder to refuse to (tell this when I meet her – "date" is investment from her side) but, I don't know HOW to tell this. Do I need a reason? Her to blame, Like: "You are too young for me so it's couldn't work for long-term" or me to blame "I don't like long-term" or "I don't have time for long-term right now".
It looks like her to blame is dangerous for auto-rejection or for even take it as flirty statement and not seriously. Should I blame myself? (What will hurt them if they find out I will enter long-term in the near future and cut contact with them of the causal)

the situation I described is valid to any type of girls. Not just the ones who had low self-esteem – this is just the common type I encountered. I usually just waive these easy options or even middle ones (whether they are low self-esteem or high ones) because I don't know how to set the expectations properly.
I read all the articles about how to not hurt girls and how to set expectation properly, but, it's doesn't really answer my question.

I be happy to get some way to set the expectations properly in a SIMPLE WAY (preferred verbally, so I covered) and preferred in the first "date" (meeting after taking of the number) though I would like to hear new perspective. (Chase, l like to know what you think, and even if you think it's deserve a post you are welcome to publish)

Thanks

Velour

Rookie
Rookie
Re: How to not hurting girls while taking it to the casual t

I am also interested in a way to let down a girl I had a one night stand with.

I actually told her before we had sex: "I'm kind of in the studio a lot and sometimes I just get totally wrapped up on something I'm working on, so I'm not really boyfriend material." However, I think she took that as a green light to have a casual relationship, and she keeps texting me. The first time she wanted to see a movie in the park, and I told her I was busy. A few days later, she texted "Hi" really late at night, and I just ignored it. Now a day later, she's asking me to brunch and I am concerned because my inclination is to ignore her until she gets the message, but it seems like there might be a better path to take.

I am considering telling her how busy I am again. Something like, "Hey, sorry about the late response. I am unfortunately tied up in the studio, working on some pieces that need to be made. I am not really sure how long the process will be, so I just thought it would be helpful for you to know that's how I'm spending my time for the foreseeable future."

Anyways, any thoughtful feedback from more experienced people would be appreciated, as this was my first one nighter.

-Velour

DAMKY

Space Monkey
space monkey

Velour said:
I am also interested in a way to let down a girl I had a one night stand with.

I actually told her before we had sex: "I'm kind of in the studio a lot and sometimes I just get totally wrapped up on something I'm working on, so I'm not really boyfriend material." However, I think she took that as a green light to have a casual relationship, and she keeps texting me. The first time she wanted to see a movie in the park, and I told her I was busy. A few days later, she texted "Hi" really late at night, and I just ignored it. Now a day later, she's asking me to brunch and I am concerned because my inclination is to ignore her until she gets the message, but it seems like there might be a better path to take.

I am considering telling her how busy I am again. Something like, "Hey, sorry about the late response. I am unfortunately tied up in the studio, working on some pieces that need to be made. I am not really sure how long the process will be, so I just thought it would be helpful for you to know that's how I'm spending my time for the foreseeable future."

Anyways, any thoughtful feedback from more experienced people would be appreciated, as this was my first one nighter.

-Velour
You question (How to let down girl that want casual thing when I want just one-night stand) is different than mine (How to direct a girl that want a long-term to a casual thing) anyway there is some similarity:

I think you just gave her really good sex, so she bite at what you offer her.
If you don't want her for LAST for long time, just don't be THAT GOOD. (maybe someone else can give you better way)

I don't have this problem becuase I DO want to have them available.
Can I ask you, why don't just put her on hold as casual but meet her irregularly (like one a month)?
It's wouldn't hurt her because she fit for the Idea for casual with you.

Velour

Rookie
Rookie

Oh yeah, I guess I probably should've created my own thread then, huh? New to this or any kind of forum, to be honest.

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts. I don't want to see her again because I didn't find her that attractive. I was pushing myself to close regardless, because I'm trying to get better. Not something I'm looking to make a habit out of.

DAMKY

Space Monkey
space monkey

Velour said:
Oh yeah, I guess I probably should've created my own thread then, huh? New to this or any kind of forum, to be honest.

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts. I don't want to see her again because I didn't find her that attractive. I was pushing myself to close regardless, because I'm trying to get better. Not something I'm looking to make a habit out of.
It's ok, anyway, I don't like my answer too.
I like being at my best.. but it's probably the best way to prevent one night stand to want more..
I actually fear to take not that attractive girls to bed becuase I find they usuallly want long-term as I told above (it's looks like becuase they have less self esteem)

Anyone, have answer to my problem? (and for Velour too?)

Thanks.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Damky / Velour-

Something I played around with a while back - and still use from time to time if I think the girl is under the wrong impression - is telling girls at some point during the date that it seemed like I kept hurting girls lately, and I really didn't want to, and I tried everything I could not to, but it kept happening, and that I thought maybe I was just a bad man. Usually they ask some questions and try to reassure you that you're not a bad man, and then you move off that topic and onto something else.

After sex, you tell her things like, "We should probably not see each other again - you're only going to get hurt if you keep seeing me," if you want a casual relationship. At this, she'll protest, and you'll relent, but tell her, "Okay, but if you start feeling like you're getting too attached, we need to stop."

If you only wanted a one-night stand, you just give her a wonderful morning, and give her a nice follow-up text, and then just don't contact her again after that. Assuming you seeded the right intentions beforehand (either with your vibe, other things you said, and/or by mentioning that you've been hurting a lot of girls lately), she'll know what the deal was, and say, "Okay, well, it's not like he didn't tell me."

You can also set expectations after sex, with something like, "It's amazing how two people can meet like this... and come together... even if it's only just for one night of passion... and just be together like this. It's something beautiful," and the girl knows you're not planning on seeing her again, so doesn't get her hopes up too high (though she may still try to change your mind; at least she won't be thinking / hoping / assuming it's something other than it is).

Chase

DAMKY

Space Monkey
space monkey

Chase said:
Damky / Velour-

Something I played around with a while back - and still use from time to time if I think the girl is under the wrong impression - is telling girls at some point during the date that it seemed like I kept hurting girls lately, and I really didn't want to, and I tried everything I could not to, but it kept happening, and that I thought maybe I was just a bad man. Usually they ask some questions and try to reassure you that you're not a bad man, and then you move off that topic and onto something else.

After sex, you tell her things like, "We should probably not see each other again - you're only going to get hurt if you keep seeing me," if you want a casual relationship. At this, she'll protest, and you'll relent, but tell her, "Okay, but if you start feeling like you're getting too attached, we need to stop."

If you only wanted a one-night stand, you just give her a wonderful morning, and give her a nice follow-up text, and then just don't contact her again after that. Assuming you seeded the right intentions beforehand (either with your vibe, other things you said, and/or by mentioning that you've been hurting a lot of girls lately), she'll know what the deal was, and say, "Okay, well, it's not like he didn't tell me."

You can also set expectations after sex, with something like, "It's amazing how two people can meet like this... and come together... even if it's only just for one night of passion... and just be together like this. It's something beautiful," and the girl knows you're not planning on seeing her again, so doesn't get her hopes up too high (though she may still try to change your mind; at least she won't be thinking / hoping / assuming it's something other than it is).

Chase

In case that I'm trying to get one-night/casual when she want long-term,I'm not sure I got it right (At what point she should understand what my meaning is?).
Telling only after sex in that case will be tricky (I'm living in patriarchal society - https://www.girlschase.com/content/why-m ... inked-west - like you told here, so i'ts looks like the default is long-term).

When they ask why I had hurt girls lately, should I tell them something like: "Because we had different expectations, she wanted long-term and I don't"? (Do I bait them for that question or it doesn't matter?).

If so, it's bring me again to my first problem of how to justify why I didn't want a long-term with her (with the last girl that I'm telling that I had hurt).
And also, at what point should she understand that that reason is valid with her too?

If not, what in that statement of mine will clarify my intention with her?
Or alternatively, only the second statement after the sex will (though, I prefer tell girls before the sex, so it feels less tricky – for me and for them too)?

Also, will that work the same for low self-esteem and high self-esteem girls?Will it not frighten them off? (That I had hurt girls in the past)

In short, I understand how that will work when she want casual and I want one-night, but I don't understand how it will work if she want long-term and I want casual.

Anyway, I like your way of thinking.
Thank you.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Damky-

DAMKY said:
In case that I'm trying to get one-night/casual when she want long-term,I'm not sure I got it right (At what point she should understand what my meaning is?).

Ideally, you want your vibe, presence, and conversation to imply loudly and clearly WITHOUT you having to state it outright (stating things outright is a big no-no with women, generally) that you aren't much of a long-term candidate. The best defense for not being a long-term candidate is taking yourself out of long-term consideration - see "Telling Women You're NOT Boyfriend Material."

The problem with YOU trying to tell women you don't want long term is this: it's insulting to the woman's ego, and feels like a rejection.

What you want is not for YOU to tell HER; what you want is for HER to DECIDE that you are not a long-term candidate, and that what she WANTS with you is merely a night of passion and pleasure and release.

If you're having to tell her that you're not long-term material because she doesn't understand this, 95% of the time that's because you made a mistake somewhere along the way in what you communicated to her about yourself.

DAMKY said:
When they ask why I had hurt girls lately, should I tell them something like: "Because we had different expectations, she wanted long-term and I don't"? (Do I bait them for that question or it doesn't matter?).

No, don't do that! That makes it sound like you are rejecting women, which is going to make other women run for the hills.

If they want to know how women are getting hurt with you, rather, say something like, "Well, I just have a very unstable lifestyle - I'm on the move a lot, I'm very busy, and I'm the kind of guy who isn't around and isn't able to plan a lot in advance or make good on commitments. And I just find that most women live more normal, planned, settled lives, and sort of expect that the other people they meet live the same kinds of predictable, settled lives that they do, and they start creating expectations around me based on these ideas, and I end up disappointing them."

Give her a picture into your life, and let HER draw the conclusion that you are not so well suited to anything long-term. Don't tell her; let her realize it independently, so that it's her judging you as "lover only", rather than you rejecting her as "not for the long-term".

DAMKY said:
Also, will that work the same for low self-esteem and high self-esteem girls?Will it not frighten them off? (That I had hurt girls in the past)

Generally, if you're sexy enough and aloof enough, low self-esteem women are going to assume they won't be able to get a relationship out of you anyway, and going into these kinds of explanations is overkill and just makes you sound like a merciless dream crusher. So just play it sexy and aloof, take her to bed, and treat her like it was a phenomenal one-time experience after, and she'll come away saying, "Well, it was what I expected. A guy like that is never going to want a relationship with me... but it sure was a great night!"

You need the explanations more with high confidence women, who rather believe they can get any man they want, and need a lot more discouraging to be talked out of viewing you as a long-term candidate even if you have a number of things disqualifying you from that role.

Hope that clears it up. I realize it's a sticky area, communicating expectations properly without treading on anyone's feelings much before or after.

Just keep in mind that the primary thing you're trying to do here is to let the GIRL to decide HERSELF, based on the evidence you're giving her, and then decide that she's just going to USE you sexually, rather than you tell her how it is, which she will reject and resent and make sure it doesn't go anywhere because you've now hurt her feelings.

Chase

DAMKY

Space Monkey
space monkey

Chase said:
Damky-

DAMKY said:

Ideally, you want your vibe, presence, and conversation to imply loudly and clearly WITHOUT you having to state it outright (stating things outright is a big no-no with women, generally) that you aren't much of a long-term candidate. The best defense for not being a long-term candidate is taking yourself out of long-term consideration - see "Telling Women You're NOT Boyfriend Material."

In your article, you stated how to convey this:

Code:
•Let her know you have a girlfriend or are in a relationship

•Let her know you’re newly out of a relationship and still recovering and not looking to get involved

•Let her know you’re on travel and only in town another night or two

•Let her know you’re moving out of town and will be far away

•Let her know you have all kinds of friends in your life, but that when it comes to serious dating, you usually only date girls of XYZ race / nationality (something different than her) 

•Let her know you’re not really all that sure about relationships anymore, and not even sure you want to have another one (in a very neutral, non-negative / pessimistic way)

the problem with the firsts is that I need to LIE and with the "Let her know you have all kinds of friends in your life, but that when it comes to serious dating, you usually only date girls of XYZ race / nationality (something different than her)" can hurt her ego too.

i'll probably try the last one, ASAP.

Chase said:
The problem with YOU trying to tell women you don't want long term is this: it's insulting to the woman's ego, and feels like a rejection.

What you want is not for YOU to tell HER; what you want is for HER to DECIDE that you are not a long-term candidate, and that what she WANTS with you is merely a night of passion and pleasure and release.

If you're having to tell her that you're not long-term material because she doesn't understand this, 95% of the time that's because you made a mistake somewhere along the way in what you communicated to her about yourself.

I don't think of it that way , good point. "HER to DECIDE that you are not a long-term candidate" and not me to decide.

Chase said:
DAMKY said:

No, don't do that! That makes it sound like you are rejecting women, which is going to make other women run for the hills.

If they want to know how women are getting hurt with you, rather, say something like, "Well, I just have a very unstable lifestyle - I'm on the move a lot, I'm very busy, and I'm the kind of guy who isn't around and isn't able to plan a lot in advance or make good on commitments. And I just find that most women live more normal, planned, settled lives, and sort of expect that the other people they meet live the same kinds of predictable, settled lives that they do, and they start creating expectations around me based on these ideas, and I end up disappointing them."

Give her a picture into your life, and let HER draw the conclusion that you are not so well suited to anything long-term. Don't tell her; let her realize it independently, so that it's her judging you as "lover only", rather than you rejecting her as "not for the long-term".
So again, just let her decide... GOOD POINT. (show her that the other woman decide that too)

Chase said:
DAMKY said:

Generally, if you're sexy enough and aloof enough, low self-esteem women are going to assume they won't be able to get a relationship out of you anyway, and going into these kinds of explanations is overkill and just makes you sound like a merciless dream crusher. So just play it sexy and aloof, take her to bed, and treat her like it was a phenomenal one-time experience after, and she'll come away saying, "Well, it was what I expected. A guy like that is never going to want a relationship with me... but it sure was a great night!"

You need the explanations more with high confidence women, who rather believe they can get any man they want, and need a lot more discouraging to be talked out of viewing you as a long-term candidate even if you have a number of things disqualifying you from that role.

Hope that clears it up. I realize it's a sticky area, communicating expectations properly without treading on anyone's feelings much before or after.

Just keep in mind that the primary thing you're trying to do here is to let the GIRL to decide HERSELF, based on the evidence you're giving her, and then decide that she's just going to USE you sexually, rather than you tell her how it is, which she will reject and resent and make sure it doesn't go anywhere because you've now hurt her feelings.

Chase
You probably right about low self-esteem woman that know I will not want long-term with them them. I just were in their spot few years ago so I trying as best as I can to not hurt them.
There are still times when I think girls like that are NAIVE, and think that everything perfect and work as they want it..

And yes, it's a sticky area.. I prefer to even waive mid-pretty girls to have sex with just to not risk as hurting them. (and if i think they are with low self-esteem I probably be careful even more).

Thank you for your answer, really appreciate that.
i'll try that as soon as posibble, and if I got new insight i'll post it here :)

>