Hector Book and GC program release date?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@ Lux-

Nope, no in-field in this course! Demos, yes. Flirtation, sure (especially starting in Module 2, with our actress I had the stronger chemistry with). But no in-field.

My second draft plan for One Date in 2014/5 or so was to make it in-field. Shoot the meet, date, pull, and seduction (up to a point). Then narrate what's happening as it goes. We scrubbed that for a bunch of reasons... impractical to do (when does the girl sign the model waiver form? Do you tell her you filmed the date and want to pay her for it after you shag her? How do you get good footage when the date takes place 5-ish places minimum: street, cafe, street again, stairs/elevator, apartment? Plus all the wasted time spent trawling the streets for a film-worthy girl you can pick up fast and use for a product. Then multiply that by however many date examples you want to show in the product)... the format we have now is superior from an educational standpoint. Main added value of seeing the guy run the pickup is mostly motivational (though I guess if you've never seen a good pickup it could be a valuable thing to model off of too). And then there's who the target audience is... there is a very small number of guys who want to buy products on cold approach pickup. Most guys just want to know how to get a date with the girl at school or in the office and make her their girlfriend.

We might do a more niche in-field product at some point. It couldn't serve as a flagship product though. For a flagship (which is what One Date is) you need something that will appeal to just about everyone.

With the drip model, yeah, I understand the points of irritation. I think we did a good enough job packing enough new information into each module that there isn't much "I have to sit through stuff I already know to get to the stuff I want to know." I mean, I guess that'll depend on the guy - we've had guys buy my book and tell us, "I didn't learn anything new, I already read Mystery's book and this is all the same stuff!" (or whoever's book... it's always some product that is not remotely like mine. And I'm left to go, "Where the heck is the similarity there??!") So for the "ya seen one, ya seen them all" sorts that might happen. But those guys won't be happy no matter what you put in there or where it's positioned in the course.

Anyway, if a guy is super super irritated by that model, I guess he can just hold off and see if we release it in the "buy the whole thing at once" format. We'll test making that the only offer, making it an option, etc. If it works, we'll roll it out to the broader audience. Likely won't be for a while though, since we'd have to retool the tech, the offer, and a bunch more to offer it that way. Then test it first.

@ lostnumber-

Right, this model is the industry standard for the big boys in the pickup niche. Thus why we'll start with this model first. We can play around and experiment once we have a baseline, but for the baseline you want best practices.

I laid the course out under the assumption the average buyer has a girlfriend by Month 5. Not because I think it will take him that long if he wants one sooner... but because I expect the average guy who buys a dating course won't be too close to a girlfriend at the time of purchase. And once he has the course he'll be excited with his new toys and want to play the field for a while.

After Month 5, all the pure dating/pickup stuff is done and you get modules that are just as applicable for men in relationships as they are for bachelors. Sex, relationships, appearance/personality... Module 9 is particularly schizophrenic (sort of), in that it starts off talking about how to take all the other stuff we've covered and use it to hook up with stupid amounts of girls (lessons 1 & 2). Then it ends with how to pick a girl to settle down with and how to handle the course of a relationship that could lead to kids/marriage/etc. (lesson 4).

I think the structure is pretty good. I spent a fair amount of time brainstorming on the structure specifically to avoid the "Got a girlfriend. Don't need this now" problem - how do we make sure both the single guys and the attached guys are loving the course past a certain point? I think we did okay with it.

Guess only time will tell, however!

Chase

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Chase

Those assumptions seem reasonable and well thought out. Wishing you the best of luck!

I will strongly consider picking it up when it becomes available, out of loyalty really more than anything else. This site was here for me when I had no money and a massive need for help. Now I have money and not a huge need for help, and I haven't forgotten who helped me get to that point. Also, even if a lot of it ends up being only fleshing out existing content, I still see the value add of the video component, which is something I've felt the site was lacking for a while.

Have you considered pre-orders? I bet if you offered GC members 10% off you could get a chunk of people signed up and ready to go for launch, that way you could start clocking sales before you're even done with all the launch work and have income pouring in from day one

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Well I'm glad about the no-in field part :), it's good for your image to stay above the fray of the RSD-like guys uploading stuff on Youtube.

It's easy to come across slimy with some "same day sex" video and you'd be thrown in the bigger pot with all the others. I feel this way you keep a stronger brand and it comes across as higher quality.

I look forward to rebuilding my finances and getting One Date.
And congrats, it must exciting days for you, hopefully you also get to catch your breath for a few days :).

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@ lostnumber-

Cheers, man! I hope if you do pick it up you will find it valuable. That was the intention... value no matter where a guy is at. We'll find out if it delivers.

I hadn't thought about pre-orders. We did them for HTMGC 6 years ago. Let me mull that over a bit. We'll have to get the order tech finished first, and that's one of the last remaining chunks before launch.

@ Lux-

Right, that was another consideration. Robs you of some mystique. Also opens up the endless debates of "Was that a real in-field approach, or was it staged?" I think the format we have is much more credible. A guy would have to have autism level 9000 to argue the flirtation we have going on is staged.

And yeah, there is that "me too" aspect to in-field. And you've stereotyped yourself as a PUA, and most guys don't care about PUA. They just want to learn how to talk to cute girls and get a girlfriend.

So I think it's good.

@ Regal Tiger-

We do talk about security in one of the later modules. But no explicit talk of GISS.

Might do another course on that at some point. Though after this one, I would prefer to not make any more programs myself, and hand the reins off to other guys like Hector and Alek (who both want to do courses). Maybe do a conference or two. At this point I know how to make a good course and can build teams to work with authors and make sure we get a super high quality product from them that is accessible to beginners on up. There's not too much more for me to say after One Date though. That's pretty much the whole Chase method. For future products, we'll need other guys to share their stuff (Hector college game / sexual direct game, Alek sex talk, Cody smooth guy / 20-minute pickups, etc.).

UPDATE

We're in a bit of a holding pattern while our dev recovers from dengue fever. We have this thing now where when someone buys, he gets an account automatically created on the new alumni forum, but it uses his email address as his handle. And everyone can see that. So if a guy signs up as dougjones69@fakemail.com, everyone on the forum can see that dougjones69 is a member now.

Once Anil has that fixed so guys' real names aren't on display (we'll have something where users are asked to pick a username before their accounts are created), we'll announce a firm launch date.

Chase

Cacc

Space Monkey
space monkey
Chase,

I'll be one of the first to buy this product since I want something that covers A to Z in seduction and not have to worry about having to get my knowledge somewhere else.

However waiting 9 months to get the full product seems like too much. A guy like me who needs more help during the later phases of seduction would have to wait to get that information.

What if someone wants to improve relationship skills he'd have to wait a whole 5 months? Not everyone buying your product is starting from zero. Maybe make an alternate payment method?

P.s
Done the books! Total research count: 1092 references, across around 2500 book pages and 50+ hours of video.

Fucking monstrous. Love it.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Cacc-

Might be an option... some kind of platinum package where we have a limited number of seats and vet guys to see if we think they're a.) familiar with the material already and b.) super studious, and can handle 50 hours / 2500 pages of content all at once and get through it on their own?

I cannot guarantee we have that at launch though. We're still trying to get ordering and forum linking tech set, and at this point I won't add anything else that will push back launch another 2-4 weeks. I wanted to launch this thing a year ago :)

DESIGN: SNEAK PEEK

Here's a peek at what you get at purchase with One Date:

mockup-compilation-all-800x436.png

There are a few extra unannounced bonuses not included in this mockup, too (well, technically, I announced one of them in this thread already. But it won't be mentioned in the sales material).

-Chase

RezznT

Rookie
Rookie
Chase,

Still planning to release One Date next week? Super excited about it.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
RezznT-

RezznT said:
Chase,

Still planning to release One Date next week? Super excited about it.

Nope! Now you know why I did not announce the official launch date yet...

Anil (our developer) was down and out with dengue for a few weeks. Which has put us behind a bit.

We also don't have payments set up or some of the marketing videos completely ready. Few bits I need to hit the studio and record.

You won't miss it, don't worry. We have videos we'll start rolling out probably 2 weeks out from launch. And I will make an official announcement once we set a date. Still waiting to see where we are with tech by the end of this week before I set something in stone though.

Chase

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Quick status update:

We've had to shift our lead developer into a support role and bring on new developers, which has slowed progress quite a bit. However, we now have four different guys developing various aspects of the tech; we're finally moving on this again and are almost in the home stretch.

Some of what we've completed in the past week:

• Auto generated usernames for new users (with random names like "AngryToastGorilla" or "GhastlyPlainsRaptor") so the system is no longer assigning customers' real first/last names as their usernames
  • Popover on first login that allows users to change their usernames to something different or keep their auto generated usernames
  • Fully themed our new support ticket system (which we'll likely roll out in advance of the product launch)
  • Basic page layout/theme for prelaunch and sales videos

Still have a few big tech chunks to finish; we need to get the order form all one one page (currently spread across two pages), fix the password / emailing issue (system does not presently email you your password on signup; you're auto-logged in after purchase, but if you change your username it logs you back out,forcing you to use the "Forgot password" button to get a password - but then the email takes up to an hour to arrive. So this is a big mess and we can't launch with it like this or every guy is going to be waiting an hour to access his product after purchase and tearing his hair out in the meantime), and cleaning up the receipts/thank you pages.

Once we have everything ready, we'll likely start retailing present GC products through this software a few weeks in advance of the launch, that way we're working out any glitches with smaller numbers of guys making purchases at a time, rather than wait until there's a crush of people buying all at once.

We're also still preparing the primary marketing page we'll use on non-Girls Chase sites to get guys signed up to the launch list in advance of the launch. This is one of the biggest aspects of the launch. However, what we have now looks great, and in my opinion better than any other squeeze page tech I've seen.

Everything is looking awesome... just taking time to get there.

(as a quick aside, the reason this is dragging out is because we are building a bunch of custom stuff, and extremely focused on both usability and aesthetics, and because we have a hacked-together team that is all remote. If I ever do something like this again, I will probably have an office and have everyone in that office so we can just blow through everything in a few weeks / months instead of spending 5 months on tech like we have so far. And we'll have like some fun games and pizza and a couple of sexy girls there to keep the guys motivated, and maybe a guy with a horsewhip in case anyone gets lazy)

Chase

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
(as a quick aside, the reason this is dragging out is because we are building a bunch of custom stuff, and extremely focused on both usability and aesthetics, and because we have a hacked-together team that is all remote. If I ever do something like this again, I will probably have an office and have everyone in that office so we can just blow through everything in a few weeks / months instead of spending 5 months on tech like we have so far. And we'll have like some fun games and pizza and a couple of sexy girls there to keep the guys motivated, and maybe a guy with a horsewhip in case anyone gets lazy)

Hmm, interesting. Do you think this is inherently due to the fact that everyone is working remotely or due to the fact that they are not a good fit for Girlschase or remote work in general?

I guess it can be complicated if you need to bring in additional people while the train is already moving, but there are a lot of successful companies like Buffer ($15 million revenue) and BaseCamp ($25 million revenue) who embrace remote work. The founders of BaseCamp even wrote a book on how to be productive while doing remote work and why they believe it's the future.

You probably, tough, have to filter for extremely skilled, advanced or native English speakers with good communications skills and a good culture fit for it to work well and then develop a framework that works for you – something hard to achieve with a hacked-together team. Because wouldn't it the same thing if everyone were in an office? Whenever I need to do projects together with other people, ever since high school, I can't help but feel like I'm throwing my time down the drain when we meet in person to get it done. I have always preferred doing my part from home and sending it to everyone when I'm finished.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Oh no! Our developers are excellent. I've hired a fair few developers, had plenty of bad ones, mediocre ones, and okay-ish ones, plus some talented-but-very-slow ones. All the guys we've got working now are world class. I'm thrilled with all them.

We did have one major communication blunder with one of our devs that gummed up the work for about 60 days. That was a learning experience for me. The long and short was we wrote him a bunch of terrific reviews and he got a lot more offers for projects that offered to pay him more than we did. So he took those on and filled his schedule, but didn't mention to me he would be less available for our projects. So I spent a lot of time trying to get him to work, not realizing his schedule was already saturated.

Very talented dev, and a very nice guy... I think he just did not know how to say "Hey, I can't work on your projects too much anymore because a lot of other people are offering me more money now." Which if he did, I could've immediately either given him a raise and said "No, stay with us" or I could've said "Okay, stick with the support role for now then, and I'll pick up more devs to pick up the slack" and we would not have spent 2 months in limbo. But that conversation never happened so we ended up in limbo for a bit.

So I learned a few things from that and will likely handle the "suddenly in limbo but without an explanation as to why" situation better in future management scenarios.

At this point we have four different developers working on different things. All are quite good. And we're moving a lot faster on tech now that we're not in limbo anymore.

However, working with various remote workers over the past 6 years has also taught me the value of an office. The few times I've worked with folks on-site the process just goes significantly faster. You have everyone able to communicate in one place, you can talk to people face-to-face, and help shepherd things to fruition much faster in-person. You also run into the "Where is Guy X? Everything is melting down and Guy X has disappeared!" problem much less. When you're in an office you know where Guy X is - he's at his computer, over in his cubicle.

The benefit of remote is lifestyle and flexibility. The benefit of an office is speed and control. I like remote 95% of the time, but for major projects it'd be extremely nice to be able to get everyone in an office and keep cranking till it's done. So that's something we may do sooner or later at some point.

(the other major problem I have is being far overstretched as a manger - max direct reports a manager is supposed to have from what I've read is 8. I have about 20-25 people who report directly to me in various capacities, while still being responsible for the creation of content for the site [articles, newsletters, comment responses, product content, product sales letters]. I spent about 12 hours on management in the past 24 hours, for instance - I could spend 100% of my time on management and never run out of work. But I can't do that, because I also have to crank out a bunch of content, so I am perpetually shuffling through a deep backlog of management tasks. We're going to move BT up into the publisher role and have him manage content and authors after One Date is out, and I'll bring on at least one other manager to offload other management duties to after the One Date launch. But right now I am spinning a ton of plates trying to run GC. Not that I mind... the growth from having to do all this stuff alone is enormous. It's lots of work, but it's good work)

Anyway. We'll get there :)

Chase

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
However, working with various remote workers over the past 6 years has also taught me the value of an office. The few times I've worked with folks on-site the process just goes significantly faster. You have everyone able to communicate in one place, you can talk to people face-to-face, and help shepherd things to fruition much faster in-person. You also run into the "Where is Guy X? Everything is melting down and Guy X has disappeared!" problem much less. When you're in an office you know where Guy X is - he's at his computer, over in his cubicle.

The benefit of remote is lifestyle and flexibility. The benefit of an office is speed and control. I like remote 95% of the time, but for major projects it'd be extremely nice to be able to get everyone in an office and keep cranking till it's done. So that's something we may do sooner or later at some point.

I understand. I feel the same way given that the office has structure/hierarchy as opposed to the setting that I described.

I think people are often under the wrong impression of what feels better – I certainly feel better waking up 11 am working from my bedroom, but does that make the work better? I guess when most people list their work preferences they are actually thinking about what makes them more comfortable, not more productive. The only productivity upper hand I can say someone working remotely has is lack of distraction from office buddies. You certainly need to be a self-motivated individual if you want to work remotely.

I don't know. It just got my attention that you mentioned that right when I was reading the book about remote work and how probably by 2030 most people will work remotely (in the US and Europe anyway).

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Guys, what happened to One Date, it's been off for longer than expected now, isn't it.

I'm surprised it's been off for so long considering Girlschase has no ad revenue and it's not offering any product as of now (that I'm aware of).

I've been pondering my purchase for a while now, any timeline for when it will be back again?

>