Hugh Hefner?

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I posted about this a week or couple weeks ago (wrong board so I don't think it got many views); not really anything important but something I found interesting and wondered what you guys thought too?

Was watching interview of Hugh Hefner, and I was kind of blown away by how young he is and just sharp, fit, agile etc. he is. It's like it's who he is and any of that conviction and masculinity and all that hasn't died in him like it does in (nearly all?) old men. He still bangs chicks in their 20s and 30s and stuff; maybe you really are only as old as the women you sleep with. I wonder about being old and what it might be like to be old but still sharp and in good health; watching him puts a smile on my face sorta and kind of makes me question if never truly settling or quitting the game nets you the eternal youth he has.

Or maybe it comes at a price... Or maybe there's more than meets the eye?

But even then, objectively he still seems better off than your typical old fart in a retirement home.

Watched this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZqz1E2Lxcc

-Gem

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ah was reading this right now http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/magaz ... .html?_r=0, provides a lot more detail... yeah, there is a lot more to Hefner's life than just what I or anyone else superficilally judges at face value.

A good read here, if you don't mind that it's a bit long.

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow Gem, this was really interesting and it really gives me new perspective. I mean the dude is 84 yet you can still see that youth in his eyes and his wit is all there. Usually at that age theyd be bumbling and fumbling for words but this man has it all together.

One thing he said really stuck out to me tho "If you don't know who you were, you don't really know who you are"

The man is very insightful and a real class act. I hope I live to be his age and retain my current vigor.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Gem,

There's probably a bit more than meets the eye here, though... apparently Holly Madison and Kendra Wilkinson were pretty annoyed with his "ways." Granted, the guy is in his 80s, so I wouldn't expect too much, but you should read what Kendra Wilkinson had to say about him (and the sex).

Here's a small snippet:

Making matters worse, Kendra described in uncomplimentary detail how quickly sex with Hugh would take.

“At about the minute mark, I pulled away and it was done. It was like a job. Clock in, clock out. It’s not like I enjoyed having sex with him,” she reportedly said.

Kendra also claims that Hugh did not feel like she was “there for him,” and that he often came to her bed in the middle of the night “crying.”

Holly Madison just released a new book (which just won New York Times #1 Bestseller, oddly enough) that details her intimate time with Hefner too. It somewhat echoes Kendra's sentiments. You can Google that as well if you wish.

The guy lives in abundance due to his ability to "buy" beautiful women and sex, but that never speaks to his actual character behind closed doors. I'm sure there's some middle ground here -- he's probably better than the girls make him seem but not as good as he makes himself seem -- but I'm sure he's not the ideal role model.

He does live in an ideal situation though... ;)

- Franco

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I was going to open up a thread to talk about this, but Franco brought this up and is somewhat related, so I'll address it quickly here: is there a possibility that the majority of famous men suck with woman?

Basically, the premise of GC is that seducing girls is a skill and you've got to practice it to master it. But the famous man can just sit on a bar and wait to have a line of hot women eager to get back home with him. He can pick up hundreds of everyday women just by being famous, even if his skills are lacking in a lot of departments.

But when he meets a famous woman, all of this doesn't matter. She isn't attracted to the whole "go-to-bed-with-famous-guy" thing. And since there's no way for him to hit on famous girls all the time, his lack of skill become apparent (we read from time to time how fucked up the relationship was or things that signals to me that XYZ guy had no clue of what he was doing, just like your regular Nice Guy). I actually discovered Taylor Swift wrote this song to Jake Gylenhaal when they were in a relationship and I must say that in the moment I discovered this song was about him, I wouldn't imagine him or any other Hollywood guy doing what she describes. But after taking the time to think about it...

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Big Daddy,

Basically, the premise of GC is that seducing girls is a skill and you've got to practice it to master it. But the famous man can just sit on a bar and wait to have a line of hot women eager to get back home with him. He can pick up hundreds of everyday women just by being famous, even if his skills are lacking in a lot of departments.

But when he meets a famous woman, all of this doesn't matter. She isn't attracted to the whole "go-to-bed-with-famous-guy" thing. And since there's no way for him to hit on famous girls all the time, his lack of skill become apparent (we read from time to time how fucked up the relationship was or things that signals to me that XYZ guy had no clue of what he was doing, just like your regular Nice Guy).

Yep! You've absolutely nailed it on the head.

In fact, here's an easy way to think of famous guys: they are essentially the same as hot girls. They have crazy abundance and get hit on by tons of women all the time, so sex is something that is very readily available to them. However, as soon as a "high caliber" (read: famous) woman is in the picture, they tend to get weak in the knees just as any woman would for a man she considers to be high caliber -- men like us.

At the "famous" level of abundance, most men don't really have a need to learn "pick-up," and you'd be surprised how terrible they are at it. As a matter of fact, I posted awhile ago about James Franco's poor texting ability that was irrelevant due to his fame. However, you can argue that it's generally better to be a "famous" guy than it is to be a really hot girl because it makes having sex with lots of women easy (which is what a man wants -- lots of women to sleep with) whereas being a really hot girl makes it easy to sleep with lots of men but still only makes it marginally easier to lock down a high caliber man (which is what a woman wants -- to be with a high caliber man).

Where famous people/actors seem to falter the most is relationship management, and this shouldn't come as a surprise. When they handle relationships poorly, it's easy for them to just start sleeping with other women again rather than learn from their mistakes and reflect on what happened (EDIT: This actually rings true for women too; women tend to learn slowly in relationships as well because they usually immediately start sleeping with new guys while only giving a small amount of thought as to whether or not they need to change the way they are or change their preference in men). The average guy can't jump back into sleeping with women so easily; if he hasn't learned to pick-up women, he'll likely been in a slump for quite awhile, and even if he breaks out of that slump, he'll need to learn how to better handle his relationships so that he doesn't constantly drive away the women he wants to spend longer periods of time with.

The dynamic is very interesting. But you'd be surprised just how childish many famous men actually are. They get thrusted into abundance, so they don't have to overcome the challenges that the average guy faces and can approach women without much fear of rejection. Essentially, they don't really need to learn all the nuances of cold approach because no approach is ever "cold" since they are famous and known.

- Franco

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Raqimus said:
Wow Gem, this was really interesting and it really gives me new perspective. I mean the dude is 84 yet you can still see that youth in his eyes and his wit is all there. Usually at that age theyd be bumbling and fumbling for words but this man has it all together.

One thing he said really stuck out to me tho "If you don't know who you were, you don't really know who you are"

The man is very insightful and a real class act. I hope I live to be his age and retain my current vigor.

I feel the same way about his health and vigor at that age; it’s questionable how “happy” he is, one could argue, or how much substance his girls have outside of looks (one could also argue)… but can’t argue that he isn’t at least younger and more alive than most dudes that age :)

Franco said:
Big Daddy,

But when he meets a famous woman, all of this doesn't matter. She isn't attracted to the whole "go-to-bed-with-famous-guy" thing. And since there's no way for him to hit on famous girls all the time, his lack of skill become apparent (we read from time to time how fucked up the relationship was or things that signals to me that XYZ guy had no clue of what he was doing, just like your regular Nice Guy).

Yep! You've absolutely nailed it on the head.

In fact, here's an easy way to think of famous guys: they are essentially the same as hot girls. They have crazy abundance and get hit on by tons of women all the time, so sex is something that is very readily available to them. However, as soon as a "high caliber" (read: famous) woman is in the picture, they tend to get weak in the knees just as any woman would for a man she considers to be high caliber -- men like us.

At the "famous" level of abundance, most men don't really have a need to learn "pick-up," and you'd be surprised how terrible they are at it. As a matter of fact, I posted awhile ago about James Franco's poor texting ability that was irrelevant due to his fame. However, you can argue that it's generally better to be a "famous" guy than it is to be a really hot girl because it makes having sex with lots of women easy (which is what a man wants -- lots of women to sleep with) whereas being a really hot girl makes it easy to sleep with lots of men but still only makes it marginally easier to lock down a high caliber man (which is what a woman wants -- to be with a high caliber man).

Where famous people/actors seem to falter the most is relationship management, and this shouldn't come as a surprise. When they handle relationships poorly, it's easy for them to just start sleeping with other women again rather than learn from their mistakes and reflect on what happened (EDIT: This actually rings true for women too; women tend to learn slowly in relationships as well because they usually immediately start sleeping with new guys while only giving a small amount of thought as to whether or not they need to change the way they are or change their preference in men). The average guy can't jump back into sleeping with women so easily; if he hasn't learned to pick-up women, he'll likely been in a slump for quite awhile, and even if he breaks out of that slump, he'll need to learn how to better handle his relationships so that he doesn't constantly drive away the women he wants to spend longer periods of time with.

The dynamic is very interesting. But you'd be surprised just how childish many famous men actually are. They get thrusted into abundance, so they don't have to overcome the challenges that the average guy faces and can approach women without much fear of rejection. Essentially, they don't really need to learn all the nuances of cold approach because no approach is ever "cold" since they are famous and known.

- Franco

This is interesting; it’s kind of like teaching a man to fish vs. handing him a lifetime supply of fish.

The girl from the article is pretty! Lol.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Gem,

This is interesting; it’s kind of like teaching a man to fish vs. handing him a lifetime supply of fish.

Yup! That's a great, simple analogy to use to describe the situation.

- Franco

>