I am weak

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've begun to understand one simple truth that I've hidden from myself maybe due too arrogance, stubbornness, or just plain stupidity. It's that right now I am weak, and since I've understood that I understand that I still have more to go until I'll be strong. I realize that I have a problem with avoiding things that cause me pain, to an extreme where i disregard rational thought and exit a situation.

For example just recently I ran into the girl from my first FR:- (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7735) I've run into her twice before over the past year nothing substantial just a try at failing convo and wave or so. This time I was walking out of the store after I'd bought some grub and I noticed a girl checked her out and noticed it was her and I thought she was gorgeous. She looked back and we locked onto one another and she said something like hey sup and was coming over towards me( In my mind i disregarded her coming towards me as her just putting her basket away), either way I just waived and kept moving. I exited from the situation without even trying which is frustrating. I've realized this is something I always do and when I notice I'm avoiding something I go towards it to not avoid it but in this snap situation I reverted back and avoided. It's frustrating but I understand that I have issues still that I need to address, and from here I can only work towards more.

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Avoiding things that cause pain is natural, it is just a defense mechanism of our brain. You put your hand into the flames (or electric outlet) only once. Your brain then learns very fast that it is quite painful, and you won't be able to do it in the future... No matter what you do, you won't be able to put your hand in the flames again. From this point of view, the pain is your best friend...

Similarly, if you go after a hot girl that you fell in love with and she rejects you, your brain associates hot girls with intensive pain. Next time you will - naturally - try to avoid hot girls, simply because your brain doesn't want experience more pain... It is likely that next time when you see a hot girl you'll get all anxious, sweaty and uptight, and you will want to run away... No matter what you do then, you won't be able to approach this another cute, sweet and sexy girl, and that is what's happening to lots of guys - they place the girl on a very high pedestal, they dream about them, they make them perfect Goddesses, they assign her too much Value to them - and when they get rejected they can't overcome the pain of approaching another girls...

When you consider true winners, winning is really just going repeatedly beyond threshold of pain, going much further than average person can handle. In sports, you have to suppress the pain and the dislike what your body feels. For example Schwarzenegger was doing squats till he blacked out, this attitude made him #1 at that time. He of course didn't hate squatting, he loved it. If you want to excel in school you have to sit on your ass much longer than average student and suffer all the time actively studying, learning new things. Sometimes it even feels as if a saw was running through your brain. Nevertheless, you also have to love it. In fighting, true winners are able to handle lots of pain from many punches, repeatedly, over and over... They of course love to fight...

The same in seduction, you have to suppress the pain caused by rejections. When you get knocked down you can't stay down, you have to raise and approach another girl again. And of course, you have to love it, don't just do it because of the pain...

Love what you do brother, always love it despite all the pain...

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
:) I shall brother I shall, this was pretty inspiring and insightful

>