Read an Article Saying It's Illegal to "Borrow" Images

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Guys,

I just read an article saying that it is illegal to "borrow " pictures from google to use on your blogs and it set off my alarms. I'm a fan of using images in my posts as some of you might realize. In my recent post " Self Analysis " on the tactics and techniques board and the news feed 2015 on the off topic board I have used images. All come from google and I edited them before uploading.

It's a common thing for bloggers and website owners to borrow images from other sites and google without permission. I've read some other sites similar to girls chase and seen the same photos repeated. If you want proof check out lovepanky and there are more I can't remember now. Seems a lot of image sharing is going on.

This is not to say who is right or who is wrong but using photos from google can get a website banned and have fines put up against the law breaker. I think it's a rule that can be seen as stupid if you want to borrow images but also as a good thing if you want your images to not be used by every man and his brother.

But what do you think about this? Chase and Franco if you can and want to could you jump in here. If I'm going to continue posting images on here I might as well know from now that it won't cause any problems. Nor for anyone else who wants to post images that don't belong to them. Any advice guys? I won't be posting any images until it's confirmed safe to do so.

http://www.roniloren.com/blog/2012/7/20 ... -blog.html

There is the link and there are more on google. Just search and you'll find them. Also I read an article sometime ago saying it's illegal to post links from your site to another. In other words, if a website takes links from all around the web and put it on their site it can get a website removed by google. Thoughts?

Edit: Here is a link I just found https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc ... 2335864515

Troy

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't think it matters, we are not claiming that we are the owners of the image, neither do we make money from putting the images on this forum. So I don't think it matters.

luego

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It matters to Chase/Franco/etc. That's why they pay to use Stock images.

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
He is talking about using borrowed pictures on the boards... not on the main GirlsChase site. Forums are usually free for all kind of scenarios. I have used images on the board using the img button and then I put the url of the image.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tayo,

I'm still skeptical although what you said makes sense. While most guys use a photo once in a blue moon, I would be using them for almost every post I put up. I learn best when I type something and put in a few photos that relate to the text.

Google frowns upon this and though it was specifically written for bloggers and website owner's I don't know for sure if it will be a problem. Even on pinterest and tumbrl you gotta be careful because Google has come down hard on the watch. And that's stupid if you ask me. Pinterest especially wouldn't exist if people didn't "borrow" and share images.

Tayo, could you point me to a page that clearly states it's okay to post borrowed images regularly on a forum ? Though what you say makes sense. In the end there is no point in violating a rule all because I wasn't aware..

Troy

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The issue is, how many image owners would take action on the numerous forums on the internet? Most image owners don't search the internet looking for who is using their pictures illegally or not. It is just too tedious for them.

And the images that you see on the google image search are not owned by google, just like the webpages that you see in google web search are not owned by google. This is why Google has no business in chasing you if you use another person's image on your forum or blog. It is the owner of the images that would take action and not google.

Most image owners don't go looking for all the forums using their images, they are usually concentrating on marketing their online business.

luego

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The general rule is commercial use. If you're just posting crap in your facebook feed, no one cares (although you should still attribute). If you're stealing photos on a blog you monetize, you legitimately risk someone coming after you. Stock photo catalogs are what you should generally use in that case.

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Exactly... I forgot to use that word "commercial use". We are not making money when we paste the pictures, so the owners don't care.

luego said:
The general rule is commercial use. If you're just posting crap in your facebook feed, no one cares (although you should still attribute). If you're stealing photos on a blog you monetize, you legitimately risk someone coming after you. Stock photo catalogs are what you should generally use in that case.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Luego and Tayo,

Thanks much. All my questions were answered. I'm convinced now haha lol. In that case you'll see far more pictures on the boards now because I like images along with text. Nothing bores me more than seeing text with no images. That rule applies for when I'm writing on a forum or in my private journal (my own posts) I don't mind if others never use images. We all learn differently so it's just a preference.: )

Cheers,

Troy

>