How to turn an FWB relationships into a girlfriend

Bboy100

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,

How do I turn an FWB relationship into an LTR? Do I sit her down and ask her for a relationship, or do I wait for her to ask me?

JimmyB

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think it's always something she should be bringing up first. I don't have much experience converting these, so I'm hoping other people comment, but it makes sense to me that it'd have to be her bringing up exclusivity for it to work well for both parties. If you're bringing it up, it comes off as needy and that's a huge turn-off for women. It's ok for a girl to be a little needy and want you to herself - I think that's natrual and how relationships should form. It shouldn't be you wanting to keep her from other guys. Because at the end of the day, you can't control who she sleeps with. Eventually if she likes you enough and you keep doing everything right, she won't want to sleep with anyone else but you. It's not like an on/off switch for being in a relationship. It takes time.

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Start taking her out to do bf-gf things, then it will feel natural that you're seeing each other. Some girl will wait for you to ask and if you don't ask them, they'll just disappear if FWB is no longer enough for them. Some girls will ask you first. It depends on the girl. =)

Bboy100

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Some girl will wait for you to ask and if you don't ask them, they'll just disappear if FWB is no longer enough for them. Some girls will ask you first. It depends on the girl. =)
Exactly! This is why I wrote the OP. I don't know how this girl will react. If she's going to ask me to be her BF at some point, then its best I leave it for her to initiate the conversation. But if she's never going to ask me and would instead just disappear, I'll obviously have to be the one to do it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good way of telling which girl will do what until its already too late.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Smith said:
Start taking her out to do bf-gf things, then it will feel natural that you're seeing each other. Some girl will wait for you to ask and if you don't ask them, they'll just disappear if FWB is no longer enough for them. Some girls will ask you first. It depends on the girl. =)

Exactly! Once you start doing actual bf-gf dates (dinner, minigolf, hiking, parties etc), it sorts itself out pretty quickly. The girl will either ask you to be bf and gf or just ASSUME that you already are. You have a few options if the girl just ASSUMES you two are exclusive. You can play dumb and keep banging other girls until you mess up and she finds out. She will be hurt and of course want exclusivity. Kind of a dick move, been there, done that.

Or you can bring up the relationship talk once you KNOW for sure, she's crazy about you. If a girl is blowing up your phone, enthusiastically meeting up for dates and sex, believe me, she's not having sex with anyone else - she's not even thinking about it, so the relationship talk is more of a formality instead of coming from a place of weakness.

Bboy100

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Start taking her out to do bf-gf things, then it will feel natural that you're seeing each other.
Exactly! Once you start doing actual bf-gf dates (dinner, minigolf, hiking, parties etc), it sorts itself out pretty quickly. The girl will either ask you to be bf and gf or just ASSUME that you already are. You have a few options if the girl just ASSUMES you two are exclusive. You can play dumb and keep banging other girls until you mess up and she finds out. She will be hurt and of course want exclusivity. Kind of a dick move, been there, done that.

Or you can bring up the relationship talk once you KNOW for sure, she's crazy about you. If a girl is blowing up your phone, enthusiastically meeting up for dates and sex, believe me, she's not having sex with anyone else - she's not even thinking about it, so the relationship talk is more of a formality instead of coming from a place of weakness.
Thanks guys! This was helpful :)

kalyan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A little trick you can use is referring to her as your girlfriend when out with people.
To a taxi driver "my girlfriend isn't as loving as she used to be, what should i do?"
To friends "doesn't it piss you off when your girlfriend blablabla"
It will prompt her to talk about it, and tell her you feel like yes, you're my girlfriend

>