NLP

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I spent some time on it couple of years ago, if I recall the first time I heard about it was from Ross Jeffries, Speed Seduction. Some of the language patters he is (or was) using were quite good, but it just isn't my style, it's too manipulative for my taste. The most important thing I remember is was from his tapes where he described himself visually as a 20+ feet tall Giant. All the bad energy, rejections and so on was bouncing off of him. That was IMO really great. He then experienced with bouncing balls of energy and stuff like that, it was quite interesting but it was just getting too weird for a normal person.

Added: I actually tried to seduce a girl using similar technique trough a text, boy she freaked out, LOL

Later on I modified that 'Giant', e.g. when I suddenly met hot girl I immediately tried to minimize her visually in my mind, I shrunk her down to 12 inches long in my mind.

I've listen to Tony Robbins audios where he also touched on NLP. Again, it was quite interesting but somehow I just left it where it is...

Never got into the language patterns in depth, I tried to read Erickson but it was just so boring that I gave it up. You learn to e.g. mimic/mirror the other persons movement, breathing at the same rate, try to decipher what is the person thinking depending on eye movement, trance, anchors and so on. You know, it is good when you learn it for purpose of helping other people, such as in medicine to increase empathy, perhaps sales when you try to influence people, but if you are using it in seduction it can get quite creepy, maybe just too mechanical for my taste. Once I noticed that one guy is trying to 'mimic' me exactly as described in NLP, man that was so fucking weird because I knew right away what he was doing. Since that I am avoiding it.

I have no doubt that the language can be quite po0werful though, I forgot how is it called (negations?), but for example stuff like: "Too bad you have a BF, we could have been doing XYZ" can be quite challenging to girls. Given the right situation, in her mind she should be ideally thinking "I have a BF, but so what? Let's do it!".

As far as self improvement, I can't visualize the same thing over and over, and getting results, it simply has no effect on me. Affirmations are more powerful, I can use the same sentences over and over, several times per day for couple of weeks and they still have effect.

Anyway, personally I tent to focus more on a natural way - masculinity, get/keep life together, have long term frame with that girl, fundamentals, confidence... IMO good enough...

RAFox

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey, this is very intriguing.
How do you apply it to your life, and what are the benefits?

BarryS1

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Drexel, I haven’t studied language patterns in NLP yet, but plan to after reading an intro book by Andreas and Faulkner.

So far, the book’s first half deals with finding your life’s purpose and the second gives mental strategies for achieving the goals. I’ve done other life goal books before, but the NLP one was very detailed with over 200 + questions for getting exactly what I want out of life. The exercises took me from broad core values to forming specific goals from my one sentence mission statement. I bought another book that I’ll read called Sleight of Mouth that uses more language patterns like you talk about.

My favorite part of the book is the visualization exercises and I’ve found them helpful for my ritual and analyzing past interactions from different perspectives.

There are countless exercises in the book for reliving a past state to experience it again. One I like is called the circle of excellence where I transfer the positive experience from my past to the present. I use this before I am about to go to a party.

This morning I was doing an exercise about taking a movie and playing it from three different perspectives. I was analyzing a past FR I did and what went wrong. The most useful was taking the neutral observer position and identifying the trigger responses between me and her. I realized that six months ago, I would get sexual abruptly instead of at the tail end of conversations. I was a "one-liner” kind of guy back then and didn’t realize it before going through the exercises.

I am hooked on the subject after reading the book and got a couple more picked out.

Flames

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've read a lot about NLP and by that I mean pretty much everything and my conclusion based on my experience of seeing large volumes of people (generally) on a weekly basis is that as far as verbal NLP goes. If you just listen to patterns of speech you can definately pick it up either from groups of people or individuals. As so far as to be able to 'trick' anyone I suppose you can, and this is what a lot of con artists do, either intentionally or not.

As far as Pickup though it's basically verbally mirroring, you can fake it, sure but you get something fake in return. In the short term that's ok but long term it's not going to lead to anything beneficial and could even be detrimental.

If your asking if there's a sequence of words like hypnotism I'd personally think that would be very situational and personal to the individual and itd be unlikely something you could do diliberatly. I did know a guy on PUA forums who claimed to be able to do this sort of thing but I personally found him annoying and slightly disturbing, which I'm 100% sure most women would pickup on. I suspect he was either a compulsive liar or was gaining success dispite his weird behaviour.

There are however definite ways to build a connection with what you say and that is generally the path I take, aka genuine man.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I got a look at the dave riker course. But i find it too heavy , is there any like NLP crash course ? Whre i can leanr the basics of it ?espeially framing?

Orelfius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well, yes, I have some basic skills in NLP and Hypnosis (both Eriksonnian and regular) that I use in seduction.

Unfortunately, I hadn't practiced enough to make it practical, but here's a couple of handy quick trick:

EYE CONTACT
1- Decompose all part of the other person face in small component, until all you see is pore, hear, skin patch etc. until it's really disgusting.
2- Rebuild the face to make it the most beautiful thing you ever saw in your life.
3- Then, still looking that person face, add up every bit of warmth that you have in your heart and chanel it through your gaze.

The first two steps come from Erikson, the last one is a personnal addition of mine. Erikson noticed that it was easier to help someone when we find them attractive. So the first two step help a lot for that. Also useful if the girl that dig you isn't that attractive. But as soon as you reach step 2, then 3, the girls will really be attracted toward you. I use this all the time (with adding a sexy smile), to have girls engage me and start conversation. It's also very useful with men, to create a good vibe. It keep both you and them out of confrotational teritory.

I know a couple of other tricks too, like what to say to always open properly and follow-through (3 magic questions), but I'm working to combine this with Chase's 8 questions right now.

There's also how to stack properly compliance by using ratification or using preterition to manage resistance or disagrement in a conversation.

I also use a technique to detect the step of the mating dance and know when to escalate (basically, it just help to detect the escalation windows from the girls behavior, useful).

NLP is just a subfield of hypnosis (tough NLP practionner usually fight to death to pretend otherwise), it worth learning, but it's fairly limited. Conversational hypnosis (Erikson) is already much more useful in seduction. Regular hypnosis too.

I use NLP to learn faster. I guess could be useful to deal with fear and beleive too, but I just slame through my fears with plain old courage usually and never manage to simply get ride of a beleive using NLP (I use instead Byron Kathy method in "Love what Is" book for limiting beleives).

As for taking new habits, I use a variant of the Jerry Seinfield method: I stick a star in my calendar everyday I did it, after 4-5 days I start to love the chain... then just don't broke the chain... NEVER broke that beloved chain! (until you made it for 90 days, but after 30 days, you may add up another chain of stars of another color). Cheesy/childish, but it works: I don't try to loose weight, I try to build a 30 days chains of new eating habits and then I KNOW that I will loose my weight anyway: it's just not delivered yet, but the order is done. It save TON of willpower, because you all channel it toward earning that star everyday.

All of these tricks are variation of hypnosis one way or another. But my expertise is pain and suffering (emotional and physical), so may be I am not the most qualified to share hypnosis stuff about seduction.

I would say hypnosis is awesome for building an emotional connexion in few seconds, to know where the girls is (by watching her behavior), to make her feel that you "get her" through your conversation and of course, it make compliance stacking really easy when you mic them with ratification.

But you will have to practice it a lot in the field, it's quite harder to do it right than just using the stuff on this site.

>