Clothing and Your Attainability

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you are unsure about what Attainability actually is and why it's so important, then have a look here:

https://www.girlschase.com/content/book-excerpts-being-attainable-women

The key point being : "Girls don't just reject you because you're not good enough for them, but because they feel like they can't get what they want out of you."

If you have followed what you have learned from this site and turned yourself into a truly sexy, high value man, then you will run into attainability problems more often than not. It seems silly to think that you can turn yourself into such a high value guy that it can alienate you from a lot of women. If you don't believe me, have a look at this data compiled from OKCupid:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/

The author of this article couldn't explain why men in their late 20's and early 30's who were in shape received less attention from females than teenage men who were in shape. Or why men who dressed professionally received less attention than men who dressed casually. I guess this author never heard of the concept of attainability in the realm of male-female relationships because this is Attainability, or lack thereof, in action!

The author proposes:

"In the future perhaps we can investigate what’s behind the decline: is it because older guys and their older abs are inherently less attractive, or because women as they age find body shots less interesting?"

Wrong on both accounts. As women age, their ability to secure a sexy fit man into a relationship becomes less likely, so they opt for more attainable guys. It's equivalent to the old married guy saying he, "Doesn't like fake girls with makeup and pushup bras, give me a natural girl!"

The same thing happens with the clothes you wear. Almost every time I've asked a woman what kind of clothing she finds the most sexy on a man, the answer has been a suit. But why do men who dress professionally get less attention than men who dress casually? The answer is Attainability.

Recently, this fact has become very apparent as I commute to work on public transit while dressed professionally. I get plenty of hungry looks, the girls are warm and receptive, they qualify themselves quickly, but the dates I've actually acquired have been far fewer than when I dress casually. Since the girls I approach on transit are usually university students, I suspect results would be different had I approached career women to whom I'd be more attainable. I'll have to make a trip to the corporate part of my city to confirm this.

The way women assess attainability is almost like a defense mechanism where the running theme seems to be, "This guy's such a stud, there's a good chance he just uses me up and spits me out". This modus operandi is actually pretty accurate when the man is higher value than the woman. Some girls are fine with this setup of "It'll be good while it lasts", but many are not.

If your value is high, then your attainability explains why the most attractive girls seem to be the warmest and hook the quickest, while the less attractive girls often remain more skeptical and withdrawn. This concept took me a long time to wrap my head around. If really hot girls liked me, then the less hot girls should LOVE me - Wrong!

The good news is, the way you dress alters your attainability. Just like how you have to use different lures to hook different fish, you have to dress differently to hook different girls. Ultimately, your aim should be to match her value. What that means is, if she's a hot corporate chick that looks like she just got out of business meeting, then you'd be best served wearing a shirt and tie, dress pants and dress shoes, so your value is equal.

If you are approaching a hot girl at the club where the environment has her value artificially pumped up, then you'd be best served wearing something that maximizes your sexiness, so again, your value is equal.

When approaching girls during the day whether it be the street, transit, coffee shops, or where ever, nothing has served me better than casual clothes like T-shirts, jeans, gym shorts, sweat pants and hoodies. Not exactly sexy attire, but it makes me more attainable and nets me better results than dressing sexy or professional.

It seems odd, dressing down gets you better results? Yep! Tall girls have known this for ages. Why do you think they rarely wear heels? It's because wearing heels would put them out of reach for the vast majority of men, so they wear flats to make themselves more attainable.

I guess the take away point is, if you are already an attractive man, then you might have better results by managing your attainability and dressing down instead of dressing up.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey ProblemSolving,

I generally find your posts highly educational, and this one's no exception.

ProblemSolving said:
"In the future perhaps we can investigate what’s behind the decline: is it because older guys and their older abs are inherently less attractive, or because women as they age find body shots less interesting?"

Wrong on both accounts.
I read the linked article before I read the rest of your post, and yeah, I spotted this fallacy too. In fact, the author committed an even worse error—he introduced the age of the woman into the equation, which is a totally unrelated issue since the only age variable in the data was that of the man. Back to school, I think...

ProblemSolving said:
If your value is high, then your attainability explains why the most attractive girls seem to be the warmest and hook the quickest, while the less attractive girls often remain more skeptical and withdrawn. This concept took me a long time to wrap my head around. If really hot girls liked me, then the less hot girls should LOVE me - Wrong!
That point has been made here a number of times, but it's always worth reemphasizing. In fact, today I was at an outdoor festival in one of our city's parks and approached five girls. Girl #3 was BY FAR the least good-looking of the five: the excess weight on her pale Celtic thighs made her choice of clothing (hotpants) fantastically inappropriate, though I hit on her anyway because the setup was perfect (sitting alone on a bench drinking water) and girls can get away with a bit of plumpness if they're under 24 or so (she was probably around 20).

She blew me out harder than anything I've ever seen—literally did not respond to my opener, did not make eye contact, affected not to have heard me and turned her body away. Like a club blowout, only this was theoretically in the daytime (like 1 PM). I'd complimented her on her cute long red hair and I swear she thought I was having fun at her expense.

The next, Girl #4 was a tall blonde beauty and received me with great warmth, although she confessed to being attached, and actually thanked me for approaching.

ProblemSolving said:
The good news is, the way you dress alters your attainability. Just like how you have to use different lures to hook different fish, you have to dress differently to hook different girls. Ultimately, your aim should be to match her value.
This is a good piece of advice, thank you, I've often wondered about this.

ProblemSolving said:
Tall girls have known this for ages. Why do you think they rarely wear heels?
True... although I'd run across a busy four-lane street to talk to a tall girl IN heels. Preferably looking and acting as "out of reach" as possible. God, I love that :)

-Marty

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks Marty, you're too kind.

She blew me out harder than anything I've ever seen—literally did not respond to my opener, did not make eye contact, affected not to have heard me and turned her body away. Like a club blowout, only this was theoretically in the daytime (like 1 PM). I'd complimented her on her cute long red hair and I swear she thought I was having fun at her expense.

The next, Girl #4 was a tall blonde beauty and received me with great warmth, although she confessed to being attached, and actually thanked me for approaching.

Oh yeah, I've been there! A little while ago, I tried chatting up an average looking girl at a bus stop. I couldn't get much more than one word answers out of her and when I went to introduce myself and shake hands, she tried to leave me hanging! She eventually succumbed to the pressure and shook my hand before scuttling off. But the whole interaction left me wondering what I did wrong to elicit such a reaction. In my mind, she should be thanking her lucky stars that I took the time to try to get to know her, yet I'm treated like I have the plague haha.

Not 10 minutes later, a real looker shows up at the stop and I open her exactly like the previous girl. Only this time her reaction is polar opposite. This one's all smiles and we're talking like we've known each other for years. An elderly Asian woman watched all of this go down with a huge grin on her face.

It can be a tough concept to internalize that the higher a girl's value is, the greater the odds that your approach will go smoothly when you're a high value guy.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
ProblemSolving said:
I went to introduce myself and shake hands, she tried to leave me hanging!
Unbelievable!

ProblemSolving said:
This one's all smiles and we're talking like we've known each other for years. An elderly Asian woman watched all of this go down with a huge grin on her face.
Haha, I bet that grin said "I've seen it all, and it's just as I expected" :)

There's something else directly relevant to attainability that I meant to mention first time, but I forgot.

These days I normally wear contact lenses; I only started last year, but one day a month or two ago I wanted to give my eyes a rest and wore glasses all day at the office. There's a girl there who joined after I started wearing lenses and had presumably never seen me before in glasses. I can sense attraction from her (but I wouldn't act on it—not in that environment, especially since the potential reward is very limited: she's just okay) and usually when she sees me she smiles, looks down and makes herself scarce.

But the day I wore glasses, she was all "Oh! what a fine morning, how are you today??"

The word "attainability" leaped to the front of my mind that day :)

Eternity

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
When I'm too dressed up i have this happen to me. Usually when I'm wearing expensive looking clothes almost all hot girls tend to ignore me. I mean it's ridiculous because it seems like I suddenly turned invisible and won't look my way or ignore my presence completely. When i dress like shit, all types of girls seem a bit friendlier and open. Sad, it's like a bad switch. I have to find a balance.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Eternity said:
When I'm too dressed up i have this happen to me. Usually when I'm wearing expensive looking clothes almost all hot girls tend to ignore me. I mean it's ridiculous because it seems like I suddenly turned invisible and won't look my way or ignore my presence completely. When i dress like shit, all types of girls seem a bit friendlier and open. Sad, it's like a bad switch. I have to find a balance.

That's interesting. When I commute in professional attire, I definitely get a lot more attention from females. I catch a lot more of them checking me out. I see a lot more preening and stroking their hair in my vicinity. Not only that, but they actually respond really well to being opened. However, my flake rate has skyrocketed since dressing professionally which I believe is due to attainability and relatability issues. It's hard for a female student to relate to a guy that looks like a boss because she's used to meeting/dating other students. She may find me super attractive in my professional attire, but it puts me in the "Others" category that she's not used to, so I get screened out.

Come to think of it, going for a same day lay instead of the number during my commute home would capitalize on the increased attraction and decreased attainability caused by my work attire. I will Field Test this soon.

You're right Eternity, you do have to find a balance. You have to be like a chameleon and adapt to your environment.

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ProblemSolving said:
Eternity said:

That's interesting. When I commute in professional attire, I definitely get a lot more attention from females. I catch a lot more of them checking me out. I see a lot more preening and stroking their hair in my vicinity. Not only that, but they actually respond really well to being opened. However, my flake rate has skyrocketed since dressing professionally which I believe is due to attainability and relatability issues. It's hard for a female student to relate to a guy that looks like a boss because she's used to meeting/dating other students. She may find me super attractive in my professional attire, but it puts me in the "Others" category that she's not used to, so I get screened out.

Come to think of it, going for a same day lay instead of the number during my commute home would capitalize on the increased attraction and decreased attainability caused by my work attire. I will Field Test this soon.

You're right Eternity, you do have to find a balance. You have to be like a chameleon and adapt to your environment.

You might help yourself by rocking a slightly disheveled version of your professional attire. Loosen your tie, unbutton your top button, etc. Try that and see if that helps.

Dern

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thought-provoking stuff here!

ProblemSolving wrote:
I guess the take away point is, if you are already an attractive man, then you might have better results by managing your attainability and dressing down instead of dressing up

What if you don't see yourself as a physically attractive man yet? In that case, would dressing up increase your attainability to match a hot girl's attainability?

I usually wear a dress shirt tucked in jeans with a belt and an overcoat of some sort. I am a student, and I approach girls my age, but girls who are older as well.

Should I dress down (e.g., t-shirt, sweaters) when approaching students (even though I don't see myself as physically attractive yet) or should I stick with my dress shirts (to increase my physical value)?

For older girls (not students, but corporate chicks and such) it seems clear that I should stick with my professional looking attire.

Eternity wrote:

I thought this was interesting as well, because, when I walk through my college hallways in a red and white checkered dress shirt with a light brown field jacket over, I notice people looking at me. This could be partly due to my fundamentals (walk, slow movements, good posture) and partly due to the fact that almost no one dresses like me (pea-cocking). I notice that at school, most people wear casual clothes, even the guys with hot girls around their arms.

If I am to wear a bright red t-shirt (more casual clothing), I get some looks as well. This is probably due to the bright color (pea-cocking) and/or my fundamentals.

Note that I don't think people glimpse at me because I look good, but rather, because of my clothes, posture, walk, and movement speed. I think of myself as a confident man, but not a good looking one, yet. I think to be a physically good looking man, having a symmetrical face, good facial hair, a good haircut, and a good body, are the most important factors. Clothing is important too, but is variable based on the circumstances, as stated by this thread.

Nevertheless, my question remains the same: if I don't consider myself physically attractive, can I dress more professionally to increase my chances with students? Or should I join the crowd (regarding people my age), and dress casually (but making sure to wear bright colors to stand out)?

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It's mentioned here https://www.girlschase.com/content/fashi ... ng-amazing that wearing red makes women more attracted to you and makes you feel more desirable towards women as well; I like to wear red because of this (and the rest of the article has great tips several of which I like to follow for my own fashion).

Dern said:
Nevertheless, my question remains the same: if I don't consider myself physically attractive, can I dress more professionally to increase my chances with students? Or should I join the crowd (regarding people my age), and dress casually (but making sure to wear bright colors to stand out)?

To some degree, you're physically attractive to women in direct correlation to how attractive you perceive yourself to be (i don't have the study to prove this; heard this anecdotally or read this somewhere). Besides that, the advice Chase gives here is quite resourceful which is imitation: find the guys in the crowd that are good with girls and get lots of tail; befriend them, imitate their styles, look at their fashion and accessories and stuff and try to match all that.

(Didn't read the whole thread, sorry if I happened to have repeated anything that's already been said).

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Problemsolving, I'd like to know if you've tested this out!

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thinkingenigma said:
You might help yourself by rocking a slightly disheveled version of your professional attire. Loosen your tie, unbutton your top button, etc. Try that and see if that helps.

Yep, that's how I rock my work attire. I can never get the top button closed, so I leave it open with a loosened tie. I like the way it looks too.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Dern said:
Thought-provoking stuff here!

ProblemSolving wrote:
I guess the take away point is, if you are already an attractive man, then you might have better results by managing your attainability and dressing down instead of dressing up

What if you don't see yourself as a physically attractive man yet? In that case, would dressing up increase your attainability to match a hot girl's attainability?

I usually wear a dress shirt tucked in jeans with a belt and an overcoat of some sort. I am a student, and I approach girls my age, but girls who are older as well.

Should I dress down (e.g., t-shirt, sweaters) when approaching students (even though I don't see myself as physically attractive yet) or should I stick with my dress shirts (to increase my physical value)?

For older girls (not students, but corporate chicks and such) it seems clear that I should stick with my professional looking attire.

Eternity wrote:

I thought this was interesting as well, because, when I walk through my college hallways in a red and white checkered dress shirt with a light brown field jacket over, I notice people looking at me. This could be partly due to my fundamentals (walk, slow movements, good posture) and partly due to the fact that almost no one dresses like me (pea-cocking). I notice that at school, most people wear casual clothes, even the guys with hot girls around their arms.

If I am to wear a bright red t-shirt (more casual clothing), I get some looks as well. This is probably due to the bright color (pea-cocking) and/or my fundamentals.

Note that I don't think people glimpse at me because I look good, but rather, because of my clothes, posture, walk, and movement speed. I think of myself as a confident man, but not a good looking one, yet. I think to be a physically good looking man, having a symmetrical face, good facial hair, a good haircut, and a good body, are the most important factors. Clothing is important too, but is variable based on the circumstances, as stated by this thread.

Very good points here. Girls don't have much information to go on to determine what kind of a guy you are when you cold approach, so your look and presence play a HUGE part in her determining if you are attractive and attainable.

I'd say as long as you stay away from looking like "Business Guy" or something drastically different from what she's used to, you won't be "Othered". If you notice you get more looks with certain clothes, keep wearing them (As long as you keep it tasteful). Quite often I'll see a girl who may not be a total stunner, but she wears something eye catching like purple leggings, and I can't take my eyes off of her as my attraction to her grows. I'm sure it's the same way with your red shirt.

If you notice little attraction from the girls you open, then you must dress sexier and work on the fundamentals plain and simple. I wouldn't tuck in your dress shirt.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
J Wick said:

Problemsolving, I'd like to know if you've tested this out!

Yeah, right now I have to drive to work, but when I have a day off, I''ll don the corporate uniform and attempt some pulls home.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Okay, I have experimented with this a little bit recently. Here's what I think I'm finding, with the limited amount of data to go off of so far.

When I'm in formal attire (coat and tie), I seem to get much more approach invitations, but they expire quicker—i.e. the females revoke the invitation very soon if I do not act immediately.

milfhuntah

Rookie
Rookie
Yeah, I've noticed that you can use your clothes to dress down/up to manipulate with attainability.

Remember one funny incident(dressing up);

1) Me looking average
2) Asking girl out - she tells she's busy..
3) Dress myself to next level(not too fancy, but deffo better than previously, not for a girl, I was literally working on my fundamentals)
4) Girl notices me and gets back to me, saying "sorry for blowing me off" and "we should try to go out"

There's few ideas that I had on my mind and might have something to do with this.. if you watch movies, they always portrait someone who we call "player" as a guy who wears some kind of slick outfit(eg dresses well). Your clothes might give off a vibe that you're player.

confident man + nice sense of fashion = too much value for average girl(your average girl is not that confident)
"not so confident man" + nice sense of fashion = perfect value for average girl
"not so confident man" + no sense of fashion = dead

It goes like this, in women brain: a man with good fashion sense comes and talks with me. He seems really confident, and good clothes=trustworthy points+1, I'll be nice with him, however, it feels like that man is way too much for me. I'd be scared to approach someone like that.

Imagine: what's the difference between talking with CEO of very big company and talking with co-worker? Kind of puts pressure.

What does he see in me?
Why is he approaching me if he could get a lot better woman?

You can increase your attainability by dressing down, being more humble, down-to-earth, it's cool if you can regulate your sexy-vibe/value as you regulate TV volume :p, I believe if you can do it, you don't need to dress down. Honestly, I love feeling like million-bucks, and if I see well-dressed woman I pretty much lose it, so "no-dressing" down for me :)

I've dealt with this before, and what happened is that I decided to approach only women who look confident(it's easy to see, remember what Chase teached us ;))..and they are usually very hot. This deffo means that I've cut serious amount of women out of my life, but each to his own.

Ps I think age is very "real" factor in this, older women tend to be more experienced/confident than their "younger themselves", thus getting older=you'll often grow in value.

And girls wearing heels is true story, though often than not, I see girls wearing heels to make sure they don't get hit by shorter guys :)

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Great post, I hadn't read it earlier. I feel too average wearing a T-shirt, and that probably reflects on my body language somehow. Still, I'd still dress slightly better than the average even if I was going casual... polos over T-shirts, for instance.

How does this applies to other fundamentals? We could easily stretch this thought to a muscular body or a sexy walk.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Well gents, I've thoroughly field tested picking up chicks and getting laid with professional attire, and it works quite well, even with students. I've concluded that my string of flakey numbers was due to the girls' sexual availability and not my approach, text game, or clothes. Often girls will give you their number even though they're in a relationship when you number close in a smooth and dominant way. The problem is that these girls vanish as soon as you try to set up a meet. Nothing about me or my clothes would have changed the outcome, since they were never available in the first place.

In conclusion - wear what you want as long as it looks good, and keep hitting up chicks till you find the single ones looking for a new dick in their life.

Reactions: YS.
>