FR  Finally approached

jackoftades819

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
For those who read my most recent topic in the Beginners board, you know I was feeling pretty bitter about approaching girls lately. So I'm walking back to my dorm and I see this cute girl with braids and a nice ass. I'm starting with the usual excuses for myself like it's already too late, she won't respond well, you don't know what to open with, etc. So I open with just "Hello, how are you doing?". Here's some of the conversation:
ME: So where are you heading?
HER: Uh, just my dorm.
ME: Cool, I'm heading back too. What's your major?
HER: Undecided International Hospitality.
ME: Ah, so your hope is to travel the world helping people, huh?
HER: Haha, yeah. I kinda wanted to be a doctor but I didn't want to decide on anything too quick in case I changed my mind.

We're walking together back the residential area and continue talking. She asks what I do in my spare time so I say...
ME: Well, you already know that I'm a gamer but there is one other thing I like to do with my time...
HER: What is it?
ME: I like to... Compose my own music.
HER: That's so cool! Is it like for a band, does it have vocals?

The pauses and use of anticipation appeared to work great. I tease her a few times about chasing guys but she doesn't respond to it and I qualify her on being adventurous and not needing to settle down (relating to her undecided major). We get to the dorm buildings and she's about to leave but I stop her and tell her that we should get together again sometime. She hesitates, saying that she might need to babysit or something this week but I tell her it wouldn't be anything big. I get her number and we say good-bye to each other.

I'm glad I got over my anxiety for this approach but I know there's a few things I could've done better. I don't think I had a sexual vibe during the interaction plus the subject didn't come up so that could definitely hurt my chances. I could have deep dived a little more into her passions and dreams and maybe could have attempted to bring her to my dorm but I had some appointments. So, for future approaches, how do I bring up sexual topics if I'm meeting her on the street without being creepy? Secondly, any general advice for getting a date with her and making things sexual then? A big sticking point for me is being sexual and getting dates.

Frost

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey man!

Props on vanquishing AA for once. I'm just like you still in that phase, but I noticed that there's always a moment during that overthinking period where your mind just takes a break, that's when I say "fuck it" and go ahead with the approach.

Don't worry about messing up the first few times you approach. It's a skill after all and you'll get better with practice.

>