If you are similar to your Captain, You will outgrow and awkwardness overload

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If you are similar to your Captain,

It is very common for people to shun you out. and this is highly true when the captain/boss is well respected. So what do you? You have to find your own group where you are the undisputed number one.

Sounds harsh. You like to believe there can be two talisman in one setting. Sure, it only works for awhile. :)

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: If you are similar to your Captain, You will outgrow and awkwardness overloa

ZacAdam said:
If you are similar to your Captain,

It is very common for people to shun you out. and this is highly true when the captain/boss is well respected. So what do you? You have to find your own group where you are the undisputed number one.

Sounds harsh. You like to believe there can be two talisman in one setting. Sure, it only works for awhile. :)

Zac

If I understand the jist of what you're saying here, Zac, I have a a high caliber anecdote as an example. The concertmaster of the Cleveland Orchestra, William Preucil, is an extremely unique violinist artistically speaking with a particularly unique personality to boot (and the highest paid concertmaster in the world when he started his position in Cleveland). As such, he did not get along very well in New York city circles (from what I'm told).

His solution? He made his own circle of followers and built himself up as a concertmaster and chamber musician, first in Atlanta, then to Cleveland.

Sounds harsh? I find it liberating. Trying too hard to get along with one crowd or another usually ends up draining me of the energy I could have put forth into self-improvement: a waste of my life, in my opinion.

Embrace the void. Become a new star upon which other bodies will rotate.

-M

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: If you are similar to your Captain, You will outgrow and awkwardness overloa

Mischief,

I do agree but it is as important to learn how people think. That is why some people will seem 'retard' to most of us because we can't relate to them. They think they are the best.

But what do i meant actually by this post?

it's actually more to football. I play as free roaming forward/second striker/free role. Since most players i know play this position, it's kind of hard to have creativity flown all over the place. You will see this in street soccer courts where players will not pass the ball or they dribble too often and lose the ball or one cannot play with each other or see the other.. eye to eye because it is a rivalry thing, not exactly a bad one. And to be honest, i see this across most walks of life.

p.s: I believe if Chase and me were to meet and then we meet often, i do not think we get along well. Because while Chase did had a better upbringing where girls like him, the stage in life he went through and what i did learn from him is similar. The stage pattern. The difference is he's a business owner now and i'm very far away. And if i were to be a business owner like him, it is probably a harder thing. I guess it is a survival thing. (I have meet someone who look just like me and i felt a little reserved and distant.)

Famous examples will be this:

Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.

Two of the best English central midfielders in the past generation, yet they were too similar.

Zac

>