Social proof from strangers

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
One thing I have noticed is that women are very observant of your demeanor and the way you interact with strangers when you are out on a date. In fact those interactions can be real strong social proof that can make you more attractive .

I had one such experience the other day as I took my lady to get a sandwich at a local sandwich shop. As she was ordering and it was being assembled, I said hello to an elderly lady, probably 80 +. She was a spunky friendly gal who was ordering a sandwich to share with her 50 year old daughter. I made a comment about how this was the perfect time to get even with her for all the times her daughter wanted a peanut butter and jelly with the crusts cut off and sliced diagonally. (This is a common demand from young children) Both she and her daughter laughed and daughter said in a mock serious voice "You just mind your own sandwich, I don't need your 'help'." with a grin and a laugh. I gave Grandma a wink, as they went and sat to eat.

We took ours to go and as we walked by, the old gal looks up with a big grin and says "Great talking to you, have a nice day!" I think she enjoyed the attention and it didn't cost me any time or effort.

As we reached the car my girl says, with big puppy dog eyes "OMG you totally charmed that lady"
I gave her a one arm hug and a kiss and said "Well she was a nice lady out for lunch with her daughter and it never hurts to be friendly"

She replied "You should see how people look at you, I am the luckiest girl in the world"

My point is, if you interact with people other than your target girl in an attractive manner, it makes you attractive in your girl's eyes. Even strangers can provide social proof, if you do it right. Especially service people.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Fuck This - great observation.

This is a form of social dominance and women love it. They know it's not exactly easy to strike up a conversation with a stranger, much less charm their pants off.

A while ago I went over to a girl's apartment. I had met her the previous day. She was telling me how she had lived there for 3 months but hadn't made any friends in the building. She hadn't even talked to ANYONE yet. Later we were in the elevator and a guy walked on. Totally forgetting what the girl had said earlier, I made some small talk with him. After he got off the girl was giving me puppy dog eyes.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, very helpful advice. Even at low level.

Just meet a girl today at the local cafeteria.
The whole staff was seeing me approach.
Lucky I was nice to them before, they supported this.
The waiter nearby giggled when I was chatting up the blonde.
The deli girl got us food even it was close 20 minutes ago.

Call it good influence.

Massaginator

Rookie
Rookie
In line at grocery store. Directly behind me is a late-50's-early-60's lady. Directly behind her was a pretty young thing. I really can't remember what we talked about (it doesn't really matter) but I was already chatting up the cashier and made both the cashier and old lady laugh. Pretty young thing starts giving me shy submissive eyes. Unfortunately, I did have someplace to go quick so I didn't have time to open.

It's "warming the approach" by demonstrating a generally social vibe that is not strictly directed to hot females but rather "value" (ie., good feelings) generously bestowed upon random strangers. It's a powerful form of "pre-approach comfort building" that disarms their "bitch shields" to being approached.

Haven't had a chance to work on it specifically but just chatting up old ladies in view of hotties in the grocery store, coffee shops or wherever is soooo low risk and the reward of elevated social value is sooo disproportionately weighted in your favour. Girls look to how we treat non-hotties as reliable indicator of how genuinely pleasant we are when we aren't hitting on random hotties... and a preview of how we will really act when "the courting phase" is done.

It's so easy to do because old people (especially old ladies) don't receive much social attention they pounce like starved jungle cats on a lame wildebeest.

Yes, there is the risk of getting sucked into the vortex of an interminable conversation. But don't these forums teach "frame control", being dominant and a leader? You are entitled to excuse yourself from the conversation. Easiest way to do this is to create "a laughable moment" and then eject with a touch of the person's arm. Sure there are going to be the occasional character that doesn't understand social cues. That's when you say "Hey, you're a busy person, I'm going to let you get back to doing your own thing." You may have to be a little more firm. "Hey, I guess what I meant was I got places to go, things to see and people to do. So I gotta get going. Take care. Smile warmly and depart. Unfortunately, any hottie you were "auditioning" for likely be gone by then, but life is full of risks and with the risks come the opportunities. Forums like these help us brainstorm solutions our common problems, such as these.

>