How to Overcome Approach Anxiety

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi All,

I’m going to write about “How to Overcome Approach Anxiety”, - in very simple small steps.
This is for all novices out there, or even intermediate guys who gets it every now and then.

Even for us Advance guys, there will be time where we see a gorgeous chick, and the devil inside our head will say “She’s out of your league!”.
Yes, even the pros gets the anxiety attack.
The difference is we know how to overcome it (or maybe we don’t but we just do it).

What I want to show you today, are small simple steps which you can apply instantly.
I want to introduce you all to one of Anthony Robbins’ most powerful teachings in “Physiology”.

What you need to understand is that our Physiology affects the way we think, regardless.
Try this exercise:

I want you to think about how to be depress. Picture someone who is really depress.
- How do they sit?
- How do they stand?
- How do they breath?
- How do they move their body?

If you want to get into a depressing state, all you have to do is sit with a hunch back, heads down, breath shallow, sighing, shoulders down.
You can just tell when someone is depress by looking at their physiology.
Now when your body is doing the same thing, you WILL become depressed!
Even if you have no reason not to. That is because your physiology sends signals to your brain telling it that you are depress.

Let’s look at a different scenario.
Someone who is actually depressed, stressed out, and have a lot of trouble to deal with.
He needs a holiday. He goes to an exotic place, and enjoys the sun and just lay on the beach.
Now his physiology changes. He is on “Holiday Mode”.
Instantly his brain tells him he is no longer depressed, because his body is all relaxed.
He walks by the beach feeling great. Feels confident. Shoulders up, chest up, breaths deeply, and smiles to every girl walking by in bikini.
He feels GOOD!

That is the power of physiology!
It is a simple thing that you can apply to your daily life.
By changing your physiology, you can change your outlook in life, and the quality in your life.

So how do we use this to overcome anxiety?
Well the next time you do have the anxiety attack, I want you to pay attention to what your physiology is doing.
Notice the way you stand, the way your breath.
Pay attention to every single details how you position your body and the way you move.
You will notice that it isn’t good.
Your physiology sucks.
It is the reason why you have the anxiety to begin with, because you’re in the “Anxiety Mode” as I would call it.

So how do you snap out of it?

When you are about to approach a woman, your body needs to be in congruent with your mind. What I mean is:
- Stand up straight
- Pull shoulders back
- Chest out
- BREATH deeply, and slowly.
- Know you are awesome (Say it to yourself if you have to!)
- Remind yourself that girls are just silly and cute
- and just begin to slowly walk over to her and say hi.

So by changing your physiology to a more Confident and Powerful one, your body will trick your brain.
You will no longer think to yourself that you can’t do it, but rather that you can!

This is even more powerful if you use empowering words to encourage yourself.

So while changing your physiology, tell yourself how awesome you are!
Tell yourself that you can overcome anything!
Tell yourself there is no room for failure!

When your mind is in congruent with your body, you will become the person you want to be.

Now that you know what you must do, go out there and get them brothers! ;)

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I can't say I really have (or have ever had) actual *Approach* Anxiety. I have absolutely no issue at all walking up to a gorgeous woman and saying "Hey there, I saw you walking there and I just had to come meet you. You're really cute."

My problem occurs when I go for the actual date. When I'm about to say, "Well hey, we should grab a drink or a coffee sometime", I get all nervous and my voice shakes and palms get sweaty, etcetera. Girls sense this, even if it's not so obvious. I mean this doesn't happen all the time. If a girl is super receptive to me, and I think she will say yes, I don't get nervous like this.

But, this is really a great post. Thanks for this!

-NJ

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thank you Light, I'm seriously going to try this, but you are completely right. You were telling me about this in your last pm, so I decided to review my physiology notes from AP Psych and BAM there it was! Great stuff Light, I hope everyone reads this article

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Bump. Valuable stuff here, guys. Please read Light's post!

NJ

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Open your body language for a couple of minutes and you will have no say in feeling more developed.

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I was feeling a bit off today, tried this and almost immediately felt better. Great post Light!

H-Two-O

Space Monkey
space monkey
Read the famous book.."The Secret" available in Amazon and other stores..im sure you have seen it. This book is all about fixing up the inner-game which is the most important thing to over come Approach Anexiety.

It also teaches you how powerfull the brain waves are (thoughts, ideas and feelings) and that they shape the reality we live. Believe it or not this book is very consistent (to a high degree) with some religious teachings.

Anderson

Rookie
Rookie
Good post, I think the key is you are able to be aware of your low energy at that precise moment and then adjust it. Prior to your opening, you should have your body language, voice etc. checked.

Lucky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey light just wanted to say thanks you have helped a lot :)

Mr.B

Space Monkey
space monkey
NarrowJ said:
I can't say I really have (or have ever had) actual *Approach* Anxiety. I have absolutely no issue at all walking up to a gorgeous woman and saying "Hey there, I saw you walking there and I just had to come meet you. You're really cute."

My problem occurs when I go for the actual date. When I'm about to say, "Well hey, we should grab a drink or a coffee sometime", I get all nervous and my voice shakes and palms get sweaty, etcetera. Girls sense this, even if it's not so obvious. I mean this doesn't happen all the time. If a girl is super receptive to me, and I think she will say yes, I don't get nervous like this.

But, this is really a great post. Thanks for this!

-NJ

Not gonna lie, it was pretty cool to see someone who's quite experienced being receptive to a new way of handling something.

Cheers to you.

>