Super busy streets VS non busy : go for not so busy

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In my experience I have noticed that super busy streets and/or shops are somewhat less conductive to building powerful vibes and connecting strongly and quickly.

Less dense streets are noticeably better than super busy streets and/or shops.

By super busy street I mean rush hour around lunch time in office blocs.
Or Saturday afternoon in major shopping streets.
Or around major hallmarks of the city and/or major transportation hubs.

WHY SO

Here I'm mostly "guestimating":

1. Task-based places
It's locations where people tend to hurry and/or have something to do in mind, which means more closed off to "extra curricular activity".
But more important than that is:

2. Lots of people is more taxing on people's brain:
There's a higher degree of flyer distributor, pickpockets and physically jostling around other people, which raises people's walls and makes it harder to get someone's attention without also raising their fears (you need to be even louder, which is not good usually, and you're more likely to be ignored as a first typical reaction);

3. The "destiny effect"
Smaller streets, with few people around, require less effort in getting someone's attention (and also more likely she's noticed you already) and give that "destiny" aura. ie. when you're on the way home with the bag full of groceries and, hey, hi, you also live around here, what were the chances (of course "low chances" have nothing to do with it, you wouldn't have met at all if you weren't already there, there's an English name for that thinking fallacy which I can't remember... But you don't wanna discuss that with the girl anyway :)!
Or "oh you too like coming to watch the sunset in this secret spot, how crazy, it's such a small world!"

Reave Krieger

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Interesting point you made there lux7!

I was always thinking the exact opposite. Namely that on a busy street there are many people and thus many cute girls while in a not-so-busy street odds are that you will only run into a hot girl once every half hour or so.

Conc. 1.: I guess with less people, those people still have tasks don't they?
Conc. 2.: Quite true that people have to deal with a ton of new information every second. Regarding the difficulty to get attention: If your fundamentals are handled properly you will always get people noticing you because you stand out!
Con. 3.: I have never been to a secret spot where there was a girl coming along to enjoy the sunset :D If that happens --- well it might really be destiny.

When I want to meet girls I need to go where they all are.

Though with really TOOOOOO busy streets you might be right. Building a sensual vibe will certainly be difficult. Solution could be moving her to a "secret spot" :D

(I can't tell much from experience about how people react in those venues because I still struggle with day game cold approaching in the street. Those were just my thoughts.)

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
jumok93 said:
Interesting point you made there lux7!

I was always thinking the exact opposite. Namely that on a busy street there are many people and thus many cute girls while in a not-so-busy street odds are that you will only run into a hot girl once every half hour or so.

Conc. 1.: I guess with less people, those people still have tasks don't they?
Conc. 2.: Quite true that people have to deal with a ton of new information every second. Regarding the difficulty to get attention: If your fundamentals are handled properly you will always get people noticing you because you stand out!
Con. 3.: I have never been to a secret spot where there was a girl coming along to enjoy the sunset :D If that happens --- well it might really be destiny.

When I want to meet girls I need to go where they all are.

Though with really TOOOOOO busy streets you might be right. Building a sensual vibe will certainly be difficult. Solution could be moving her to a "secret spot" :D

(I can't tell much from experience about how people react in those venues because I still struggle with day game cold approaching in the street. Those were just my thoughts.)

Odds you see a pretty one are higher indeed.
So yeah, if you're going out to meet girls, then it makes sense to go where there are many of them :)

But odds you'll get a strong meaningful interaction right out the bat are -in my experience- lower.

On con 2, which car stands out the most, this one here by itself : http://screencast.com/t/ithEXj0Q
Or this one here stuck in the traffic and, even worst, among other high class cars: http://screencast.com/t/BqlRkTxO.
It's like if you go to a bar and are in the middle of a big group: albeit your group might be a cool one, the attention of the people around will be all over the group more likely, not focused you (exceptions apply if you strongly standout, ie if they're all grey and you're dressed in red :).

Another reason I didn't mention before is also that all the other people who want to meet girls go to big super-heavy trafficked areas. The "PUA" phenomenon is quite pronounced these days, but all the times I've seen any they were always stationing in super-central or super busy areas, often with a friend or two, often rather obvious about standing around there doing nothing else.

I remember Ricardus also mentioning his hit rate in malls was noticeably lower than in the street and he was guessing it was because malls seemed more like a "forced" environment, ie. the girl thinking: he came here for girls, he's probably gonna do the same to all the other ones.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Lucifer-

Less trafficked streets / avenues are my preferred ones too.

All your reasons why seem valid for me. Just in general, women are busier/more defensive in high traffic areas.

The happy medium is places that have a fair amount of turnover, but aren't super busy at any one time. Outdoor malls where women will sit at outdoor tables (but there are other tables left empty), subway stations where there's relatively light traffic, streets that run by parks with limited foot traffic. It'll generally take you longer to find the same amount of attractive girls you can find in a busier area, but the receptions you'll get will tend to be a lot warmer. And it also just generally seems like you meet girls with more time on their hands in these places, too.

Chase

Iron Tom

Rookie
Rookie
Chase said:
meet girls with more time on their hands

This is the real crux of it. Your "task-based places" is another way of saying it. Think about what a woman is likely to be doing. If she's in a book store, you have strong evidence that she has time on her hands, because nobody browses for books when they're super busy. If she's strolling leisurely or sitting in a park, maybe she's deep in thought / on a break from work, or maybe she's just chilling because she has nothing to do. If she's walking briskly on a sidewalk, she's probably going somewhere. The factor of "what she's doing" is important for the open / hook, but it's even more important later on for logistics - a woman with nothing to do that day is a woman who you can close that day. This is the #1 advantage that night game has over day game. In night game, the woman has gone out with the "task" of socializing or maybe even hooking up.

The #2 advantage of night game over day game is that most of the women are physically stationary. I wonder whether you are factoring in physical stationarity. Perhaps in "high traffic" areas you tending to approach women with more physical momentum. This makes a difference.

I doubt "lots of people more taxing on the brain" is a substantial factor - definitely not as strong as "task-based places". Night venues typically have much higher density than day game places, and it's not really a problem there.

"Destiny effect" - yes I guess you're right. It's probably not a very strong effect though. It's just that women are more open to meeting guys with whom they seem to have a social graph connection or commonality. Fewer people in the area is a very weak version of probable social graph connection / commonality.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
lux7 said:
(of course "low chances" have nothing to do with it, you wouldn't have met at all if you weren't already there, there's an English name for that thinking fallacy which I can't remember... But you don't wanna discuss that with the girl anyway :)!
Weak anthropic principle.

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Iron Tom said:
This is the real crux of it. Your "task-based places" is another way of saying it. .

Yep, but I think also point 2 is important, we didn't evolve where it was natural to have many strangers around us -and probably reinforced by the fact that all those strangers usually are supposed to keep the distances and not meddle-.

I personally feel it often, even when I don't have anything to do (probably also a bit more so than city-born people as my younger years were spent in a green, low-density area).

And when I'm in high traffic areas, if someone starts talking to me or comes too close to me my natural first reaction is to ring the internal alarm bells: step back or race forward, ignore, and definitely keep this intruder out of striking range.

Of course that can also happen when there are very few people around you, but much less so and at that point also another force starts pushing the other way: "oh, another human being around, what is he up to.. "

Marty said:
lux7 said:
(of course "low chances" have nothing to do with it, you wouldn't have met at all if you weren't already there, there's an English name for that thinking fallacy which I can't remember... But you don't wanna discuss that with the girl anyway :)!
Weak anthropic principle.

Ahaha thanks man, good to see so many well-read people around here :D

>