Don't save her number so you don't overinvest

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Lately when I get a girls number I don't actually save it until we've slept together (I'll be honest I don't have many saved numbers in my phone that are womens haha) or had some other reason to save it (that's legitimate).

What it does is instead of getting a number and putting a face to it and making it easy to overinvest I've been keeping just a straight up number and it makes me see her as a number and nothing special (subconsciously I think I think that since I haven't saved her number she must not be that special). This allows me to be more outcome independent and less risk adverse thought communication and leading up to the first date in which I'll save the number.

I invite you, especially if your prone to get excited about a girl you cold approached and got a promising number, try not saving her number and viewing her as just that (a number). Perhaps you'll end up being more cool around her and result in your getting laid as well.

-Rob

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Rob,

I need to save cos i need to know who the **** she is. XD

Zac

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
it is difficult for me to memorize a number... so in all cases I have to save the phone number. how do u do it? how do u know that this is sarah's number - the one you met at the train station?

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Tayo said:
it is difficult for me to memorize a number... so in all cases I have to save the phone number. how do u do it? how do u know that this is sarah's number - the one you met at the train station?

I usually text a girl as soon as I get her number with an icebreaker and then just go back into my text archives to retrieve it later on.

I also don't have a whole lot going on as far as people I'm in contact with on a day to day basis so I can easily remember which girls are which from one or two numbers.

If it's a big deal then I'd probably just save her as "X" until I get her out on a date/fuck her.

This is probably more of a newbie technique since once you get better it's not that big of a deal when your getting number after number leading to date after date.

-Rob

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Rob,

I was thinking the exact same thing today. I didn't save this girl's number even though I went out with her (actually, I deleted the number after 2 days or so of approaching her, thinking the number's no good, and after that, never saved again) but I saved it today lol....asked for a 2nd date, she gave the 'will tell later' when I suggested a place and asked when she is free.

I think once I have abundance (not absolute abundance), I'll no longer be in the chasing mode with any girl, at which point saving or not saving will no longer be relevant.

- Kevin

coolmike

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have to save girls numbers because I will easily forget who they are and forget to call them.I have short term memory when meeting chicks unless ive banged them. If I see early signs of flaking then she gets a quick delete.

Haraklus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I take a somewhat different approach. When I'm feeling prone to neediness or over investment, I do what it takes to put the ball in her court, then delete their number / call logs / conversations. I generally don't have to do this, but have found it useful on occasion.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Rob-

Great tip.

Funny story: when I started out, I used to try and save detailed contact information on every girl's info I got. We didn't have smart phones yet, but I could load images into my Razr if I remember right by importing them from Google Contacts. So I'd have these little images of girls I got from their Facebooks or if I met them from online dating I'd have them from there, and when I'd call them or text them or scroll through my contacts list their faces would be on there. I'd also have four or five lines of details on how we met and what we talked about in case it was a while between when we met and when we saw each other. I only slept with a small handful of girls I did this with, and realized I was both psyching myself out and wasting a lot of time building these nice contact details for girls it was never going anywhere with.

Another thing I realized messed me up was when I met a girl I really liked and then wrote a field report on her. All this stuff - pictures, details, reports, even saving her name into your phone - is actually you putting temporal investment into her, which makes you more invested, which ups your emotions to her. If you're not deep in abundance, anything you do like that can throw you off... it only takes a little bit to tip the scales.

Chase

>