Quality or Quantity?

Cam87

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
When I first started, I went on a lot of dates, most through Match.com. Met some nice girls, had a little fun, but nothing amazing. Thus I got disinterested quickly.

Now I'm in the mode where I only want to talk and meet girls that I'm really attracted to. The girls that I can't help but talk to. Problem is, I don't see many, if any girls I really want to talk to on a daily basis. This makes day game hard.

No real question here, but curious to here your thoughts on this.

Tyme2k

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Most guys get like this when they become intermediate. I know I've felt this and my wings that a good feel the same way. One thing Julien from RSD talks about a lot is feminine energy. All women have this feminine energy that attracts men whether they are attractive or not.

What you should do is keep gaming the quantity to maintain momentum and follow the process. Surround yourself with these women as friends and invite them out with you. They will love you by giving them a good time and introduce you to their hot friends.

It's all about the process, follow it and I promise it wont fail you.

Cam87

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tyme2k

I agree.

You mentioned keeping these girls around as friends. Would you recommend this for women I've already slept with and hung out with for a bit? If so, how would you make that transition?

Tyme2k

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Cam87 said:
Tyme2k

I agree.

You mentioned keeping these girls around as friends. Would you recommend this for women I've already slept with and hung out with for a bit? If so, how would you make that transition?

This is beyond my level. Maybe chase can shine some light on this topic. How to turn girls you've slept with into friends. Article worthy?

I guess in theory you would treat it the same, invite them to do something with friends. I have never successfully turned an FB into a friend yet though.

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
BOTH ! :)

First comes Quantity... the Quality will appear amongst them.
Keep the mass of bees coming, and cherry pick the few.

Cam87

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Light,

I agree. But my problem is I don't have the motivation to approach and then engage actively with the "quantity". When I see a quality girl I'm much more motivated to move things forward.

girlsfollow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Cam87 said:
Light,

I agree. But my problem is I don't have the motivation to approach and then engage actively with the "quantity". When I see a quality girl I'm much more motivated to move things forward.
I have the same issue - I have three girls I opened and texted - but I keep forgetting to text them because I'm busy to organise a meetup! I keep spending my time thinking about the ones I'm already seeing properly - particularly the one I consider number "one" - so I easily forget about the others!

I have to force myself to try and go out with them - I think it is for the best though probably.....

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Well done boys, I don't see any of this as a problem at all. Less motivation only means you're applying the law of least effort naturally.
The trick is to not really push yourself into dating the quantity, but rather just open the quantity, and let them contact you for a date.
You then just go with the flow if you have any time to spare for them.
It doesn't take much motivation for you to send them casual texts every now and then just for some rapport building.
So really, it comes down to the opener. Your job is to use open as many quantities as you can, in order to practice your fundamentals on them, so that when you do open up a quality, you're not left rusty.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Cam-

Just wrote up a post to this in response here: Finding Girls to Approach: She'll Be Hotter with Clothes Off

Tyme2k said:
This is beyond my level. Maybe chase can shine some light on this topic. How to turn girls you've slept with into friends. Article worthy?

I guess in theory you would treat it the same, invite them to do something with friends. I have never successfully turned an FB into a friend yet though.

It's possible. Creates all kinds of drama and problems, though - you really can't treat a girl like a normal friend once you've slept with her, and you're better off keeping her relatively isolated from the rest of your social life. You may meet some really cool girls who just legitimately don't care about most men (or don't show they do), but when you start reaching the upper echelons of sexiness / attractiveness / desirability, even these girls lose their shirts being around you talking to other women when they can't stop thinking it's THEM you SHOULD be with.

Generally, I recommend keeping the girls who have a lot of value to offer you as friends and the girls whose primary value to you is as lovers in separate categories - just as women do. Girls are smart, they don't play with fire - they know if they sleep with one of their good male friends, they probably end up losing him as a friend because he goes crazy after that and can't handle seeing them get pounded out by other dudes anymore. Works in reverse, as well.

I'll sometimes be tempted to sleep with my good female friends, but I constantly check myself on that, and try to keep myself out of one-on-one situations alone with them in apartments / hotels, etc. Same rule for exes I've stayed friends with. I think that's the #1 rule of all - refuse to let her be alone with you anywhere. I had an ex of mine come to pick me up from a hotel I was staying at a little while back, and I wasn't ready when I got there and she came in and was walking through the room. The sexual tension was obliterating me and I almost through her over the couch and took her there - I had to rush her out of the hotel to not get into a messy situation (there are few things worse for your life than getting back with an ex, in my opinion). I also do not talk to my exes I'm friends with about girls I'm seeing now, or girls I've had after them - I've tried it, it's thorny, and I don't see any benefit to doing it.

Another rule: don't let a girl you've slept with and stayed friends with anywhere near women you're currently seeing. I've had exes who wanted me back try to sabotage current relationships of mine by buddying up with my girls and then telling them what a horrible person I am - meanwhile, sending me discreet messages and trying to meet up with me and re-seduce me on the fly. Epic boatloads of drama.

I guess the rules are, if you want to keep a girl you've bedded as a platonic friend:

• Don't let yourself be alone with her
  • Don't tell her about your currents
  • Don't let her near your currents, or know who they are, or have any way of finding out or contacting them
  • Keep her largely cordoned off and separate from other parts of your life

That's just because the more desirable you get as a mate, the crazier people start to act. Just look at how guys act around really beautiful women - they become weirdos, freaks, and monsters, when they're pretty normal, likable guys elsewhere in life. Girls go through the same thing when you're a very attractive man.

The other side might be, if you're not somewhere that you're going to be the most exceptional man of her life just yet, you may be able to keep her closer to your core group of friends - however, somebody usually gets romantic feelings, and if you're not all that exceptional yet that might be you... so be forewarned!

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase said:
It's possible. Creates all kinds of drama and problems, though - you really can't treat a girl like a normal friend once you've slept with her, and you're better off keeping her relatively isolated from the rest of your social life. You may meet some really cool girls who just legitimately don't care about most men (or don't show they do), but when you start reaching the upper echelons of sexiness / attractiveness / desirability, even these girls lose their shirts being around you talking to other women when they can't stop thinking it's THEM you SHOULD be with.

Generally, I recommend keeping the girls who have a lot of value to offer you as friends and the girls whose primary value to you is as lovers in separate categories - just as women do. Girls are smart, they don't play with fire - they know if they sleep with one of their good male friends, they probably end up losing him as a friend because he goes crazy after that and can't handle seeing them get pounded out by other dudes anymore. Works in reverse, as well.

I'll sometimes be tempted to sleep with my good female friends, but I constantly check myself on that, and try to keep myself out of one-on-one situations alone with them in apartments / hotels, etc. Same rule for exes I've stayed friends with. I think that's the #1 rule of all - refuse to let her be alone with you anywhere. I had an ex of mine come to pick me up from a hotel I was staying at a little while back, and I wasn't ready when I got there and she came in and was walking through the room. The sexual tension was obliterating me and I almost through her over the couch and took her there - I had to rush her out of the hotel to not get into a messy situation (there are few things worse for your life than getting back with an ex, in my opinion). I also do not talk to my exes I'm friends with about girls I'm seeing now, or girls I've had after them - I've tried it, it's thorny, and I don't see any benefit to doing it.

Another rule: don't let a girl you've slept with and stayed friends with anywhere near women you're currently seeing. I've had exes who wanted me back try to sabotage current relationships of mine by buddying up with my girls and then telling them what a horrible person I am - meanwhile, sending me discreet messages and trying to meet up with me and re-seduce me on the fly. Epic boatloads of drama.

I guess the rules are, if you want to keep a girl you've bedded as a platonic friend:

Don't let yourself be alone with her
Don't tell her about your currents
Don't let her near your currents, or know who they are, or have any way of finding out or contacting them
Keep her largely cordoned off and separate from other parts of your life

That's just because the more desirable you get as a mate, the crazier people start to act. Just look at how guys act around really beautiful women - they become weirdos, freaks, and monsters, when they're pretty normal, likable guys elsewhere in life. Girls go through the same thing when you're a very attractive man.

The other side might be, if you're not somewhere that you're going to be the most exceptional man of her life just yet, you may be able to keep her closer to your core group of friends - however, somebody usually gets romantic feelings, and if you're not all that exceptional yet that might be you... so be forewarned!

Chase, a normal guy starting to plugged out of the matrix and see the world as it is, it's not an easy thing. You feel dillusioned and maybe, bitter. Women do all this things, but then again, everyone is fighting for themselves. I still feel dillusioned at times.

Zac

Cam87

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase,

Well, sounds like you put that thought to rest! I'm staying away from girls I've slept with as friends.

About to read your other post.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Cam,

This is actually very possible, and I have several female friends that I have slept with that actually have made excellent friends afterward. However, there are a few things you need to understand, first:

• The more times you've slept with this girl, the less likely it is that she can become a just a friend afterward
  • You will most likely encounter some form of drama during the transition period of her being your sexual partner and becoming your friend (again)
  • Some alcohol being involved can help smooth the process

There can actually be some great benefits to sleeping with an attractive female friend and then making her your friend again afterward:

• 1) She'll view you as an extremely dominant and sexual man whenever you spend time with her, and she'll give you great pre-selection value around other women
    2) If you handle any drama that arises effectively and appropriately (by maintaining your cool), she will likely never challenge your judgment again

For all of the above listed reasons, if you happen to want to sleep with a female friend of yours, I highly suggest you only sleep with her once. If you sleep with her more than once, you will give her the impression that there is a deeper chemistry between the both of you, and she will likely become attached. The more attached she becomes, the less likely it is to move the relationship "backwards" toward being friends again.

However, I should mention to be very careful here if you decide to do this. Most guys don't have the type of abundance or self-control to only sleep with an attractive girl once and leave it at that. You must know before you decide to sleep with her that you do not intend to sleep with her again, otherwise you risk losing the friendship permanently.

The ideal way to make this type of situation occur is to hang out with her in a social setting (preferably with alcohol and with or without other friends). Then, ideally, move the interaction back to your place or her place where the two of you can end up alone. Usually if the two of you have had a few drinks, it's an easy "excuse" to have you or her sleep over, and if she finds you physically attractive, she probably won't mind cuddling with you in the same bed. At this point, you need physically escalate quickly and make things happen.

Just like any other girl you sleep with, you're going to have to treat her nicely the next morning and send her a text along the lines of, "Yesterday was fun, Cassie =). Although I'm pretty exhausted... I'll have to grab some extra sleep tonight!"

Do not make any references to the actual act of having sex with her, as this will only encourage another encounter. Once this is done, you need to not hang out with her for a period of at least two weeks. This is to let her know that what happened between you two was just one of those "it just happened one night" type of situations. This is where things can get hairy. If she was a friend that already liked you, then the next time you contact her, she might try to cause drama and even accuse you of using her for sex. IF this happens, you need to remain completely calm, and follow the rules listed in Chase's article about Women and Drama.

At some point during the conversation (usually by text), she might stop responding to you. If this happens, it's best just to give her some space. After a week or two, you can attempt to contact her and invite her to hang out with you (and preferably other friends) so that she knows that you still value her as a friend and not just as a sex object. She might decline at first, but if she responds, then it is a good sign. Eventually, if you can get her to hang out with you again, you need to act as if nothing ever happened, and she will most likely reciprocate.

Assuming you gave her a great night of sex, she will likely view you as an extremely dominant man, and you'll notice that she will probably be much more physical with you. You can then use this to your advantage (whether it is to improve your chase framing conversation skills or pre-selection ability).

Again, all of this requires great discipline, so try to focus on approaching and meeting new women rather than risking your friendships if you truly value them. ;)

- Franco

>