When a girl and a guy both look at you in public...

normajean106

Space Monkey
space monkey
So when I go out somewhere, sometimes I'll occasionally walk past a girl with another guy around (I can't usually tell if he is a boyfriend or not). Half the time I do this, both of them take glances at me. So I'm wondering, are they sizing me up when they do this?

I also get stared at a lot by old men. I don't think the majority of them are gay, at least, because they all look like they want to beat me up.

Anyone have any experience on this?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
normajean106,

Unless you doing something ridiculous, usually it is very perplexing for an old adult to see a confident yet quiet and self assured young male. It's common for people to look at you. Some will purposely try to throw you off your so called act, which isn't an act at all.

Zac

Reave Krieger

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Zac is right. Eye contact is nothing abnormal.

For guys (older men) it can be seen as a challenge. They want you to look down or to break eye-contact first. When you don't -- they might feel offended and stare at you like they want to beat you up...

The girl with male companion who take glances at you: they might be sizing you up. The girl to see if she likes you (may be in comparison with her male friend or boyfriend). The guy to see if you might be a threat. He may compare himself to you and/or he may check if you might be a danger (if you could manage to take his girl away). So... different purposes.

-Jumok93

normajean106

Space Monkey
space monkey
jumok93 said:
Zac is right. Eye contact is nothing abnormal.

For guys (older men) it can be seen as a challenge. They want you to look down or to break eye-contact first. When you don't -- they might feel offended and stare at you like they want to beat you up...

The girl with male companion who take glances at you: they might be sizing you up. The girl to see if she likes you (may be in comparison with her male friend or boyfriend). The guy to see if you might be a threat. He may compare himself to you and/or he may check if you might be a danger (if you could manage to take his girl away). So... different purposes.

-Jumok93
ZacAdam said:
normajean106,

Unless you doing something ridiculous, usually it is very perplexing for an old adult to see a confident yet quiet and self assured young male. It's common for people to look at you. Some will purposely try to throw you off your so called act, which isn't an act at all.

Zac

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the tips guys.

>