Jake's Newbie Assignment

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
nino said:
Hey Jake, Day 10 must have felt pretty good already!

Yeah opening with a banter is something I found quite difficult myself and is easiest when something comes up. It's really situational but then again it's also something that you can practice. Even if it's just for a good laugh, it will mostly yield positive responses.

Heya nino, Day 10 did feel pretty great! It felt surreal that 6 days before I couldn't even ask a girl what time it was, and then on day 10 I had 3 girls' numbers. I think you are spot on with this, I'm getting the feeling that banter is bounded in the art of improvisation. I'll keep this in mind tomorrow when I go out

Day 16

Didn't go out today, but I like to know that I'm making progress somehow everyday. I'm planning my outing for tomorrow. Luckily, I have the day off of work tomorrow, and I'm expecting great results! Like, not being scared to go in a dorm room...we'll see how it goes. I'm planning on hitting up my favorite spot: Colleges.

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 17

Today's assignment for me was to get five girls' numbers again, warming myself back up from not going out yesterday.

I started out pretty nervous, finding it hard to approach girls again. So I figured I would do something else that would take me out of my comfort zone, go to a college class of which I had no knowledge of the subject, and go in knowing I've not paid for the class. Somehow, I found myself watching a boring powerpoint presentation on Russian Literature (which in itself can be fascinating, but the presentation was...not so much).

I left the class about 25 minutes through, walked through the building outside, and was just walking up the street when I happened upon a taller brunette who dressed nicely and seemed good looking from the back. She was walking pretty fast, so I had to walk quite a bit faster than my spezzaturized-pace, but I finally caught up to her. I said something like "You're walking with a brisk pace, you must be late to class, again". When I looked over to see her face, I couldn't tell whether she was a student or a teacher by her age. A definite turn off for me. I walked her to the class she was supposed to go to while I was deep diving with her. The conversation was actually pretty swell. I was on a roll on my conversation, and she hooked rather quickly. When we arrived at the classroom, we bidded our farewells, and I left to grab some water at a nearby restaurant.

Ready to build on the success I had had with the previous conversation, I walked out of the restaurant, and, with my peripheral vision, saw the same woman I had just talked to. I wanted to stay on task, so I ignored the pass-by until I heard her shout my name, "Jake!". I turned around and saw her (like, in the middle of the side street) when she asked if I wanted to grab a coffee. Thrown off-guard, there were thoughts that immediately darted through my head: "Do I have enough questions/material to keep this interaction going?", "should I say no and risk anger for the limb that she was going on?". All that came out was a "for sure". She needed to stop at the Post Office, where I performed some more deep diving. As we were walking, she said something like "I don't have a whole lot of time", she grabbed my arm and pulled it toward her as she glanced at my watch. When we arrived she was busily writing the letterhead of some mail, and I snatched her university ID where I could see her date of birth: 1981. I was really not happy about that.

Anyways, we walked to a coffeehouse that I had never been to. Really artsy, cool vibe, chill place. I don't know how I did it, but I got 25 minutes of really solid deep diving in. But the conversation noticeably lacked that critical sexual tension. My targeted age group was 18-24, and 32 was really just to much. She was, really, very pretty, about to graduate with a medical degree, and about to embark on a worldwide escapade, but all that ran through my head was, "I really don't want to close with her". In the middle of things, she said she had to get to class, and we left. I got her phone number, and she asked for mine when she said "Yeah, I got a great circle of friends around here, and maybe when we have dinner next time we can hang out with them, too?". I knew I wasn't going to talk to her again, so I said "sure, that would be cool".

Overall, a day with many unexpected surprises. But now I'm confident I can hold in a conversation when I'm out on a date, so now I'm going to start pushing for more.

Tyme2k

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Jake I think you're making a mistake by not befriending the girl. I used to make this mistake, if I knew I wasn't going to close a girl I would walk away. Now I'm left with ex fuckbuddies and no actualy "girlfriends."

One thing that will massively affect your game is surrounding yourself with interesting and attractive women. It makes it exponentially easier to game the girl you WANT when she sees you interacting with other attractive high value women. Some times they will even come up to you.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Tyme2k said:
Jake I think you're making a mistake by not befriending the girl. I used to make this mistake, if I knew I wasn't going to close a girl I would walk away. Now I'm left with ex fuckbuddies and no actualy "girlfriends."

One thing that will massively affect your game is surrounding yourself with interesting and attractive women. It makes it exponentially easier to game the girl you WANT when she sees you interacting with other attractive high value women. Some times they will even come up to you.

Interesting point here, Tyme. If all the interactions that I didn't close on could be used as friends that would help me later (as social proof), the interactions could be more efficient. Always appreciate your advice.

Day 18

Today I went out with the goal of getting better at banter with women. I think a problem that is recurring is a lack of sexual tension. I feel like I've done these approaches long enough where I feel really calm and relaxed while I'm talking to a girl. The results on banter are always best on the first try, and exponentially fall thereafter. Hearing some advice the other day, imagining the seduction with the woman while in conversation could help solve this. In addition, I'll stop joking so much after the first or second banter.

I talked to four different women by walking up indirect direct. The results were reasonable, I number closed 2/2, and they all shook my hand. Tomorrow I'll probably post a full conversation since I almost always forget the interaction by the time I get back home. Anyways, bought condoms for the first time today. I thought it was going to be kind of awkward, but the asian dude at the front desk was just so cool.

Getting my phone this week, hoping it comes sooner rather than later. After that, going to work on getting dates 5/7 days a week (credit to DigitalStef for the idea). It'll be like a full time job ;)

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 19

Today's assignment was to talk to 5 different girls and move the location of the conversation to a different place, and ask the "8 questions you should always ask women".

I really didn't want to head out this morning, and was facing quite a bit of mental resistance. I watched some inspirational videos and then headed off to the bus to get the outing started. When I had arrived on the bus, I saw this good looking, emo-fashioned chick (I really love that style for some reason), but felt that she wasn't alone (she wasn't sitting next to anyone though). My intuition had served me well, as when she exited the bus, a rather tall and well-built man accompanied her. I ended chickening out on another, but hotter, emo-fashioned chick who was working at a store I had waltzed into. I said some excuse to myself like "I don't talk to women who are working because it's not on Chase's list of 'top ten places to meet women'". I should have done it anyways, because I was still feeling pretty comfortable.

I walked down the street, and had a interaction with a girl by opening the standard way I do, indirect directly. I felt pretty nervous as I was talking to her, and I think I lightly teased her on a bag she was carrying. She mentioned she had a boyfriend in passive conversation or something, and I was just not feeling that great while talking to her. I said my goodbye, and walked across the street where I found an attractive blonde in a yellow skirt walking briskly opposite my direction. I turned around and caught up to her as she was waiting to cross the street. I could actually see her press the button a few times, showing she was in a rush. This was the perfect moment to unleash my 'you must be in a rush' tease. Wrong! I came up and said "hey" and she wouldn't respond. Or even look at me. In fact, she looked angry! Time to get out of there, I thought to myself.

This was a pretty character-building day. I'm going to start my interactions by NOT chickening out on an interaction, even if the girl is working. Crucial momentum was lost when you don't take every opportunity you get, even if it's a rotten one.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 20/21

I didn't post yesterday, but it was a good experience. I went out with the intentions of bolstering my skills of conversation, and I found my conversations did go pretty smoothly.

I'm finding that I'm starting to settle for having conversations with women, and I'm not taking the next step. The other day at the gym, I went up to a personal trainer I've worked with before and said I was ready for another personal evaluation. What she said in response was that I didn't need to change my program, but increase the weights I was using. It was then I realized why going to the gym was so easy: I had been using the same weights for 6 weeks! I see this happening with my game, so I'm planning for something different tomorrow that will truly take me out of comfort zone again. I'm thinking about approaching groups of girls instead of individuals. I'll head over to the pub across the street, and talk to people there. I need to be making progress, both facing my comfort limits and with women in general.

Jake

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Had the same experience, at one point of the assignment I was a little hesitant to further go out of my comfort zone. But it's definitely worth it ;)

On the improving your conversation skills point, improve them not just with pick ups. Once approaching girls on the street became nothing too exciting for me I started to get much more open in general and nowadays it's just completely normal for me to talk to anybody on the street if the situation occurs. Of course you won't flirt with men but yeah, it's not necessarily a hobby but much rather a natural habit of mine now, to talk to anybody I want to talk to if something comes to my mind. In turn I found that conversation with women has become just so much easier and smoother. I think people can also see what an open and easy going person I am now.

It also opens up a whole new repertoire of openers because with people you're not interested in you don't think "how the hell am I going to approach him/her?" but instead just go for it and those openers you considered terrible before turn out to be not that bad after all. Just yesterday I got a number on the street (literally).

Wanted to cross the street but the cars just wouldn't stop coming. So we both stand there on the middle of the street, she in my vision looking away from me watching the traffic. We definitely stood there for at least 45 seconds, maybe even a minute so I said "mmh". That's it. And she turned around, smiled a little and answered "no chance, eh" and then everything went smoothly. On the other side of the street I kept walking next to her (even though I needed to go the opposite direction), again saying nothing special but "so we finally made it". Frankly, it's rather boring but it picks up from where we started (obviously I wouldn't talk to her about waiting for an opportunity to cross while we stood there) and I said so naturally and it's nothing that makes her feel as if I thought it was the most amazing date of my life to wait with her for the traffic to lighten up. Instead it made an impression as if we had already been friends. But you see, there was no eye contact nor pre opening involved.

- nino

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It's definitely been a while since I've written these journals...but after reading Chase's article on sticking points, I plan to log more frequently.

Since the newbie assignment ended, I've been making a lot of progressions. I've been living in Perth, and just before I started to reach my goal of two dates a week, I started on a global conquering scheme; visiting tons of exotic places around the world. My first stop is Japan. And this is where my journal starts:

June 4th, Tokyo:
At this point, it had been about 2 weeks since I'd really approached more than one girl at a time; I'd become lazy. I was pretty freaked out about opening girls who didn't speak much English, and my Middle/High school education on the Japanese language wasn't going to take me too far by itself. I decided to head to the Youth fashion area of Tokyo called 'Shibuya'. The idea was to open just like I did in Australia...with english. I approached about 8 women, and got nothing. Just...the interactions went nowhere. Some girls did nothing but smile and bow out of the conversation (if that's what you can call it...) awkwardly. Some told me to "hurry up" or simply told me "no" while making an 'x' with their fingers. I later learned that Shibuya is Japanese (Nampa) pickup central, and the girls were already on the defense. But I don't think that was the problem. I'm pretty sure the straight-up english intimidated them, and they refused to even try a conversation.

June 14th, Kyoto
I've only been out twice in the last month today, and that is something I intend to change. It's weird, though. I don't go through a day where I don't think of pick-up. Even on days I didn't go out, I was reading Girls Chase, and thinking about how I should just go out and talk to women. It was killing me, these chicks here are strikingly attractive. Like...a lot of them. Anyways, today was a breaking point, and I realized that I can make things change compared to the massive blow-out in Tokyo.

I decided to go a different route and get the English subject out of the way. The routine was to walk up to local chicks and say (in Japanese), "excuse me", and then "do you speak English?". They'd always say "just a little bit". I wasn't going direct here, as that seemed to intimidate the girls in Tokyo, and looking like a Western/Middle Eastern guy already gives me a lot of value to them. Specifically, I opened 2 girls with this template, so I'll check tomorrow to see if this was a reliable template. Here's how the interactions went specifically...

Girl 1 -->
I was looking for any chick to open to. I found reasonably attractive girl #1, and opened with the above. I asked her how to get to the Post Office, so she took her phone out and started literally finding it on Google Maps. I couldn't get any rapport established, and I pinged for interest by asking where she was from while she was looking for directions. Couldn't get her to seem interested...so I moved on.

Girl 2 -->
This girl was considerably attractive, and when I saw her standing on a street corner, I just had to go open. This girl was really giving me a solid level of interest. Into maybe 10 seconds into the conversation she asked where I was staying. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned this trip with logistics since I'm taking my mom with me (staying in the same room), and the places we are staying are NOWHERE near the main areas where I go to open chicks. We kept walking, and I was trying to find a secluded spot in the middle of this city to escalate. Perhaps the bathroom in the train station? No; guard standing in front. Perhaps the alley? No; big city; still not secluded. So this was killing me. She was asking me if I was alone, and how long I was staying as we walked down. I asked if she had food at her place, and she misunderstood, and was wondering if I was actually hungry. I asked where she lived, and she said she still lived with her mom, so that wasn't going to go anywhere.

I remember I crossed the touch barrier multiple times. Putting my hand on her mid-upper arm when she complied with me, or putting my hand on her back when we were crossing a street. I told her at some point she looked beautiful in Japanese, and I said this in a strong, firm, and almost curious-like way, and she was blushing and looking down. Note to use this for the future. I ended bowing out of the interaction as this was heading nowhere. Damn these poor logistics!

Apart from the easy lay this could have been, I did this approach differently than usual. When she asked how old I was I made her guess. And when she said 25, I told her she was right (I'm 18). And when I asked her, after some struggle, she said 29. She really didn't look 29. Asians...I'm thinking next time I'll just be more intriguing about my age (although a little hard to do that when she only speaks 20 words of English...)

Anyways, not sure if change of style in the opener was really good, the fact that I look Western in Japan, or just that I was ridiculously lucky, but I haven't gotten THIS level of reception since this old black lady in Australia told me she wanted to "give me a massage". Story for a different time.

Conclusions -->
I always approach more than 2 girls, but I went looking for a local love hotel to provide logistics before approaching more women. Ended up just going home and researching them online. Here's what I learned today:
- Always think what the end result should be, and I've got to prepare logistics just in case it gets there
- Approach Japanese girls indirectly, most value is taken care of since I'm white
- Watch inspirational videos and workout before going sarging. This is what pushed me to finally leave the house today

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey y'all,

JUST a word of caution - really long post.

I wrote this yesterday, but debated putting this LR online, since it doesn't show the most redeeming qualities about myself...but I hope to share what a closing set might look like coming from a beginner, and what other beginners should prepare for going into this. And perhaps any mistakes found on here can be avoided with extra preparation.

June 15th, Kyoto
Looking back at the day before, I knew today was going to be successful. The 2nd fairly attractive woman that I talked to yesterday wanted to come home with me within 15 seconds of meeting her. Logistics is what messed me up yesterday, but I found a "love hotel" in the area, and had a solid process down (opener --> chocolate cafe --> love hotel). Kyoto was going to be my place to shine...

Girl 1 -->
I wanted to work more on my template from yesterday: start speaking Japanese, and transition the conversation to English. The first girl I opened started this way. I started asking for directions to a nearby Post Office, and she surprisingly answered me in English and pondered for a while but, while she was thinking, I had remarked that she had great English. This opened the way to light rapport/banter. Anyways, I noticed she was putting investment in when she started to ask OTHER people where the place was. I was confused if either she digged me, or if this was a standard part of Japanese hospitality/foreigner treatment. I decided to move on with the process and attempt to get her to a nearby chocolate cafe, but I wasn't getting a straight answer from her. She offered a few times to walk me to the Post Office, but this had been done to me by another Japanese girl in Nagano, and I couldn't get any rapport from that one...and I figured if I didn't accept her value offer she would head into auto-rejection anyways. I figured this one was a lost cause, so I told her I really appreciated the help, and maybe I'll do some exploring around town instead.

Girl 2 -->
Saw this girl with the cutest pink skirt and facial features. Typical Japanese cutie, really. I went up and opened the same way I did with the last girl, and also asking for directions to the Post Office. I think she gave me an answer, but that wasn't what I was really interested in. We kept walking side by side for a while, conversing in each other's language in broken grammar. At one point she stated "I'm 19, by the way..." as if I was, like, 10-15 years older than her. I said something like "yeah, that's cool" in a bored way to convey that her being 19 didn't really matter. I said I was 19, too. I don't know if she believed me. It's nice, though, girls thinking I'm in my mid-twenties when I'm really 18. I think it's the fact I haven't shaved in 2.5 weeks? Anyways, I didn't try progressing with this chick; probably wasn't going anywhere. Ejected shortly after the age topic.

Girl 3/4/5 -->
These interactions pretty much all went the same way. I went up and asked if they spoke English, and all of these girls said no. If the girls were interested, they would at least reply with "a little".

Girl 6 -->
By this time, I was just going through girls trying to find one that said she'd speak a little English. I mean, if she did or not didn't really matter, it was more of a tester for IOI's. Anyways, walking through a crowd, I find this decently attractive (maybe HB7 or HB8) shorter girl. But when I opened in Japanese, she said

Her: I don't speak Japanese, you can talk in English...
Me: (laughs) Ah, well, my bad. It's almost like a survival technique at this point...
Her: (laughs) Yeah, that's true.

I thought for sure after the opening I was just going to leave. The reaction just sounded like something that you'd eject from. Little did I know...
Anyways, I decided to see if I could take the conversation further and if I could get her to the chocolate place. She neutrally obliged. Trying to find the chocolate place, we talked for a while, and I found out she was from Singapore (as if I was going to tell the difference between that and Japanese before the opening!), and we did some pretty light banter. We arrived at the chocolate cafe (no chocolate to speak of here, actually...), and she gave me several value offerings. First, she offered to pay my half of the meal, to which I said something like 'You're the best, but no thanks". Then we talked for a while, did some more light-to-mid rapport, some banter and so forth. After I told her how hard it was to find chocolate in Kyoto, she offered me a chocolate bar. I figured I wouldn't say no to 2 value offerings in a row, so I told her how much I appreciated it, stroked her hair while looking into her eyes, and then grabbed the bar.

There's some more to the process that happened here, but skipping ahead...at some point she asked me where I was staying. I wasn't sure if this was her filling in a gap of the conversation, or giving me a signal to push for the close. Since it hadn't to do with our previous conversation topic, I opted for the second. I told her "Alright, let's head out and explore". I told her if she saw a taxi to let me know. It wasn't until we were in the taxi that she asked why we were going to my place. I made some dumb excuse like "I've got some pictures from that trip I want to show you"...she didn't argue.

Here's the thing. The problem with logistics before was that my mom was staying in my room while I was gone. I couldn't bring her there, but THANK GOD for Japan's "love hotels", where you can rent a room for a couple of hours. I took her to one of these. We got to the place and the place was painfully decorated in a cheesy pink, and faces of Cinderella were everywhere. Like...wtf?? I didn't feel manly taking her here...Either way, we were there, and I was going to make use out of this. We stood there for at least 10-20 minutes talking to this concierge (who spoke NO English) about how payment was going to work. This was smelling bad. I didn't want her logically talking herself out of going in the room, so I lightly engaged her a few times before we figured out payment.

Doing the Deed (warning, explicit)
When we entered the room, I was disgusted by how cheesy it was. Like. bad. "It's going to have to do!" I thought. I went to lay on the bed, and she went to the bathroom. I'm guessing she was doing herself up or something. But I sat on the bed thinking, "I don't feel very excited about this, I guess it's just gonna....happen". I didn't feel like there was a whole lot of sexual tension before or anything. "How can I feel so neutral about this...isn't this the pinnacle of my goals so far in PUA?". So after a bit of pondering she comes out and lays on the bed a fair distance from me. "Why don't you come over here, it's so much easier like that", I said. She complied and laid next to me. We were making fun of the preposterously-designed room for a while, and then I put my fingers under her chin to start going for a kiss. She didn't move her head, and I had a hard time going for a "man-handle" type kiss.

Confession: I've never french-kissed a girl before. Anything beyond cuddling was beyond familiar territory, so I was really winging off the knowledge I've gotten from GC. So I did this again, and put my finger under her chin, and, also again, she didn't budge/bad angle to go for the kiss. That's when she admittedly said

Her: "I'm sorry. I've just never done this before..."
I didn't want to say me neither, so I thread-amplified a bit on her lack of experience to make me seem more experienced.
Me: "That's alright, no worries...but by that do you mean you're still a virgin?"
Her: "(pause)....yeah.."

I forgot what I said exactly after that, but I grabbed a towel and put it underneath her (not paying for that fee!). I put my finger underneath her chin for a third time, and just went for the kiss. She went straight to tongue-action, which was a little off-putting. We started to make out (neither of us had done this before...which is strange, since she's fairly attractive AND 25??), and it was kind of boring. I didn't feel any passion, and felt completely neutral.

(Going to skip some parts and just give an overview)

We did a lot of foreplay, but I just wasn't getting hard. I think I had fapped a few too many times over the past 2 weeks, and I wasn't getting turned on. The sight of her naked didn't do anything for me...and it was the first time I've ever seen a woman naked. It just lacked passion...I mean, she was wet, and it was great that she was moaning (I think she orgasmed once or twice) during oral/hand sex, but I could NOT get hard. So...long story short, I haven't completely lost my virginity, since I couldn't put on a condom for vaginal sex. Which kinda blew, I guess, but it gives me something to strive for next time.

After 2 hours, nothing was going to happen. No vaginal sex...Though I did pop her cherry while fingering her...which I definitely wasn't expecting. So we just kinda sat and exchanged exciting stories about lives for 10 minutes or so before we had to leave. Anyways, we awkwardly hugged before we parted ways. I got her e-mail, but she lives in a country I'd never go to. Although, I should have still sent a follow up message after just for politeness I suppose...

Conclusions -->
- No fapping unless I have sex it kills hard-ons (at least 2 weeks of none before going in)
- Build more sexual tension somehow. This felt more like a robotic process for me than anything else.
- Check the hotel before setting up their place for logistics
- Send e-mail/text a few hours after to say it was nice to meet her
- Closing was really easy. In fact, the opening and conversation were only mediocre compared to other great interactions I've had, but this is the only one I've ever tried to pull...and it worked. I think I've been over-thinking this escalating thing. Just invite the woman over to your house, you don't need to spend 3 hours on her beforehand
- Don't buy condoms from Asia. They're always too small.

Jake

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Day ten was relatable. Made me smile.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
June 21st, Zermatt

Have not done a whole lot of approaching since my lay in Kyoto, so I decided to head out and venture into some local bars at night instead of doing daygame.

The dude-to-chick ration was on my side tonight...like, no dudes on the dance floor. At this point, I had a truly low amount of motivation to talk to people, probably due to AA. Instead, I just sat near the dancefloor on the bar, and focused on looking bored but also very comfortable. Think I had a few girls try to make eye contact with me, and had some girls start dancing obnoxiously in front of me. That was pretty good for an abundance mentality ;)

Anyways, didn't start any conversations until the next nightclub/bar. At this place it seemed there were a set of regulars who came here every week, as customers would obtrusively, yet comfortably, go behind the counter and fix themselves a drink. Just a small town, I suppose...

Walking through the entrance, I figured I didn't need to open people, per se..they were all opening me. First chick that opened me seemed to be flirting a little bit. She said to her friend I was "cute" and told me I should come dance with her and her friend. I definitely would have embarrassed myself, so I declined. I could have swore I thought she was interested, and I would have tried to pull her if I had better logistics (though in retrospect, I could have used the bar bathroom, or her place), but the chick I came with told me she was a lesbian? Perhaps I'm not as well off as reading signs as I thought I was, oh well...I also need to figure out why she said "cute" and not something like "sexy". I'm not aiming for cute.

Had a few other small interactions, but the bartender chick seemed pretty interested in me. Though, I feel like I was trying to get deeper rapport than was needed, and should have focused on making lighter conversation. I was invited to a hike with the group tomorrow, along with the bartender chick, so I'll try and close her after the hike at her place. So, I need to skim that article on inviting myself over to her house. What I'm worried about is, I don't know how to keep the sexual tension high as we go through hours of hiking? Looking back, I probably should have pushed for going back to her place after the bar closed. It's so much easier to close on the first time you meet than the second time.

Conclusions -->
- Going with the chilled out, somewhat bored look is great for having women chase you while at a bar
- Through more experience, I plan to pick up signs of interest, and differentiate those from signs that mean nothing
- Push for the close no matter the inconvenience if you can close the first time you meet
- Girls will keep talking if you continue to look at them after they've finished a sentence. This helps to gain more investment from the chick. So don't always fill gaps in conversation
- Need to figure out a way to keep sexual tension high during a span of a few hours. Perhaps a healthy dose of touch is a good route, here. Also, not chasing her is going to be key. Need to keep my cool even when I'm not getting tons of attention from her.

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
For the last couple of weeks, my plans on a "Global Pickup Conquering Scheme" have been thwarted in a frustrating state of non-motivation. And although my most successful month has been this month, I've only gone out 4 times. How much more success could I have if I went out 4 times a week? So in a plan to overthrow my laziness and recapture my motivation, I'm setting up new goals that I'm excited for and will follow through on.

New Goals -->

1. The first day I arrive in any new city (I have at least 7 or 8 more cities to see), I'm going to find at least 2 places to game - This allows all my focus to pinpoint on PU whenever I go out.

2. Get laid by two new girls a week - I think this is possible. The amount of investment and interest I've been getting from girls have been very good lately. This is probably because everybody is already on vacation in Europe, so they aren't distracted by work or home duties. Perfect environment to start a pickup. This goal is especially important for developing abundance mentality.

3. Keep in physical shape (6-pack, large arms, strong legs) - This is more for personal reasons, but it can only help my case in terms of attraction.

4. Learn how to use willpower efficiently to accomplish above goals on a regular basis - Keeping a schedule is especially important here. No more "I'll just do it tomorrow".

5. On days I plan on being productive, watch/read inspirational and motivational material in the morning - I have found a drastic increase in productivity on days where I watch inspirational material.

6. Write a How-To guide on GirlsChase (either as a main article or stickied blog-post) on jumpstarting motivation after durations of inactivity and maintaining it - A goal like this will help me carry on when I feel unmotivated and don't want to go out. So I won't be going for just me, but to help other people, too.

7. Write a journal every time I'm done sarging - The best way to learn from an interaction is to write it out manually. Hopefully I'll be able to troubleshoot interactions better.

Why should I accomplish these goals? -->
I need more than just "because I should do this". I've been doing that lately and my motivation has fallen like a rock off a cliff. Instead I'm going to have reasons why I need to do this, and reasons why I can't stop: The Carrot and the Stick.

Why keep going? - I want to succeed with these goals because I'll have loads of progress down in a fairly short amount of time. I'll be able to consistently close beautiful women and start relationships with them wherever and whenever I want. I'll be able to focus more on my purpose in life rather than wondering if a relationship is going to work. And I want to help other beginners become better. Others need to know that with enough work, that it's possible to become better with women, and hopefully my journal can be a testament to that.

Why I can't stop - Every time I stop working on goals, all productivity ceases. I start playing games on my computer when I could be getting laid, and I start acting less dominant/attractive in general. My behavior becomes more reactive than deliberate when I stop going out for social interactions. And if I'm not productive now, I can't fulfill my original goal in blog post #1 to sleep with these two specific girls in the States.

How I plan to accomplish all of this
This is going to require a lot of planning ahead. I'm not always as motivated as I am right now, and I need to plan for that, too. So instead of doing impromptu scheduling the day of, each and every day...I'm going to plan my whole week every Friday. That way, I just need to see my schedule and act on it. I'm not going to work every day. I simply can't maintain that level of production every single day, so I'll put in rest days. That way, I won't have any excuses to skip out on sarging or workout sessions. I can build a certain integrity with myself. Lastly, I need to look at my goals every single day. Why am I doing this? Why is it necessary to push myself this hard? I'll wake up every morning and look over my goals to make sure I'm getting to where I want to be.

So...for this week:
Friday: Wake up and watch inspirational videos. Workout and go out for nightgame. Will try and close by going to the chick's house.
Saturday: Traveling all day to Vienna.
Sunday: Wake up and watch inspirational videos. Workout and go out for daygame. Need to figure out logistics for Vienna.
Monday: Hang out and rest.
Tuesday: Wake up and watch inspirational videos. Workout and go out for daygame or nightgame. Pull a chick.
Wednesday: Hang out and rest.
Thursday: Wake up and watch inspirational videos. Workout and go out for daygame or nightgame. Close with a chick.

Jake

Foreveranonymous

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have to say that you are pretty bold. My good man.I'm 17 and about to go to college.I think what ur doing is cool .but I have to ask how do you get the money used in ur traveling at such a young age?and where your parents ok with your decision?

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Foreveranonymous said:
I have to say that you are pretty bold. My good man.I'm 17 and about to go to college.I think what ur doing is cool .but I have to ask how do you get the money used in ur traveling at such a young age?and where your parents ok with your decision?

Hey Foreveranonymous,

Thanks brother, I really appreciate the kind words. The short answer to your question is that I'm taking a year and a half off between high school and university, so I worked my ass off for about 4 months, saved for tickets, some accommodation, and spent a decent amount on fashion. All I did for those 4 months was work, practice PUA, and go to the gym. It was really a great 4 months. Anyways, traveling has been one of the greatest experiences I've ever undertaken, but boundaries have been coming up everywhere, and its been difficult to find a schedule to work on pick up or working out. Backing down from a challenge solely based on fear is what stops so many people from making progress, and I am adamant on succeeding with these goals.

The answer to your second question is that I actually brought my mom with me. Depending on your parents, its a decision to be wary of. Especially if you have a parent who's hellbent on pushing you past your limits even when all you want to do is back down. That said, I owe a lot of my inspiration and motivation to her.

In the end, traveling at a young age is a lot like pickup, though. You have to be willing to do things others around you won't do, and find solutions to problems that aren't readily apparent. When obstacles come up, you must maneuver around them. And in the end, you'll succeed. Somehow, at least ;).

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
FR++/FU: The Czech chick

July 28th, Amsterdam

This was a weird FR. I accidentally stated intentions I didn't mean, and I'm not sure if she was actually interested in a date or not. And I want to hear your guy's opinion on what I hit at the end was LMR, or something I did wrong. I wrote down everything I remembered from the interaction to hear feedback on anything I'm doing wrong. Critiques and comments appreciated :)

Opener and Introduction:

When I left the house today, I wasn't expecting to talk to any girls. But happening down the street today, there was this gorgeous Czech girl in a jean jacket and red dress that I couldn't resist saying hi to.

Me: Excuse me
Her - (Turns to face me, slightly bewildered face)
Me: Hello
Her: Hello (we gradually both stop walking and we stand facing each other)
Me: You have the most killer sense of fashion I've seen all day.
Her - (Laughs, but looks quite shy/nervous)
Me: I'm Nick.
Her: Hi, I'm Eve.
Me: So what have you been up to today, Eve? (points toward the shopping bags she has)
Her: I went out shopping today.
Me: I can see that, I hope you left some for the other shoppers, too. (said with a smile, but she doesn't take it that great. It almost felt like too much teasing)

(conversation goes on for a little while...)

Me: So what lands do you come from, Eve?
Her: The Czech Republic.
Me: Cool. Prague?
Her: No, but I love Prague! (her face really lit up when I brought this up)
Me: Ah, rad!
(some discussion about Prague)
Her: So where are you from?
Me: Hmmm...I want to hear your opinion. Take a guess.
Her: Amsterdam? (the place we met at)
Me: Really? That's a cool guess (touching her arm, to reward her for guessing) Why did you think that?
Her: Uhh, I don't know. I guess because you came up to me randomly in the street! I think only a local does that!
(conversation goes on for 5-10 minutes)

Me: Cool, cool. So what are your plans for the night?
Her: Umm...not really anything (laughs)
Me: Excellent! Well some friends and I are going out tonight, it would be really rad if you came.
Her: Yeah, yeah! For sure! Can I have your phone number?

I didn't realize I had actually said the thing about friends until later, post-date. She said she just moved to Amsterdam yesterday, and I think by asking her to 'hang out' instead of 'date' I gave the wrong intentions, since girls try to build social circle when they move to new places. But would like to hear your guys' thoughts on the rest...

Before the date:
We had a little email exchange before we met up that looked like this:

Me: Hey Eve, great to meet you earlier today! About that meetup tonight...how does 10 in front of McDonald's near Dam Square sound?
Her: Ok. Hope i will find it and be there on time. See you later. And by the way Can you please give me your number so i can text you or call you if something happens?
Thanks, Eve
Me: Excellent, Eve. I don't actually have a phone number here, but you can email me if something happens. See ya then :)
Her: Do not have access to internet in my mobile outside my appartment so i cant send you an email. Thats the problem. Cam you please waitnfor me like 10 minutes, i already know i will be late. Sorry. See ya
Me: Yeah, no worries, we'll figure it out when we see each other. See ya then :) (Yep, sent that last part twice, lol!)

During the date:
So I went to the McDonald's a few minutes late and purposefully stood next to a big group of guys. I started a conversation with them (it went pretty well) so that I'd look like a social kind of person, bolstering my value. But I think it backfired because when she came up to us, because I broke circle with them and she looked pretty surprised. Anyways, we greeted each other, and I put my hand on the lower part of her back as I said "let's walk in here" into the McDonald's. I asked if she was hungry and she said 'not really' and since I wasn't either, I took her outside and we walked toward a scenic area of a canal.

There was lots of kino on my end through the whole date. Mostly just putting my hand on her arm or shoulder to steer her around through the large traffic of people passing us. When we got to an intersection with cars, I'd always put my hand in front of her to prevent her from going. When we finally got to the bridge, we sat down and chatted for a while. And though we sat close to each other, she wasn't touching me with her legs or facing me. We deep dived for a while; got her talking about her passions in life, where she came from, and what she wanted to do in the future. There'd be silences in the conversation for a little while if I stopped asking questions, and she, maybe 50% of the time, mirror back a question to me. At one point I remarked about how quiet she was and she said

Her: I'm sorry, I'm just pretty shy.
Me: Yeah, that's alright. Here, ask a question about me. It can be anything.
Her: (sat thinking for a second) how old are you?
Me: That's too deep. I can't answer that.
Her: (laughs)
Me: Honestly though, I'd like to hear your guess.
Her: 21?
Me: (touching her again as a way to reward) Nah, but I appreciate that! How old are you?
Her: Wait, I asked you first!
Me: Yeah, but now I'm curious. How old are you?
Her: You guess.
Me: I'd also guess 21.
Her: Nope!
Me: Lower or higher?
Her: Lower.
Me: ...15?
Her: (laughs) no, higher. 18.

Just some fun here. She also remarked how attractive she thought California guys were. Thought that probably helped my case a bit. Anyways, decided to get up from that location, and she insisted she wanted to see the red light district. This was perfect.

Me: Never been to the Red Light District before, eh?
Her: No, I really wanted to, but I didn't want to do it alone.

(later on as she was walking toward a store with a ton of condoms in the window)
Her: Wow, look at that. They just put them out on the window!
Me: Yeah, don't get too excited about that. We're still in public.
Her: (laughs)

We were talking later and she talked about how she went skinny dipping three times, how much she partied in Rome, and how she wanted to do 'crazy stuff' she'd never done before in Amsterdam. Nice ;)

Back to my place:
I told her I had pictures of my travels back at the hotel room, so she, somewhat timidly, obliged. She said a few times she had to go soon, or she was going to miss her bus back home. I rolled through, and we get to my room, and I sit on the bed, and she stands up near the bed. I tell her to come relax and have a seat next to me. She does so. I tried giving her a pillow to lay back on, but she refused several times to take it. We talk briefly, then I get up and ask her if she wants a water, to which she also declines. I get up and tell her to come to the window, to which she says OK. So we sit at the window, and its really tense. I'm feeling pretty nervous, and I'm sure she does too. I try to let the conversation wind down, and I put my finger under her chin and go for the kiss when she blocks my advances with her hand and spontaneously blurts out: "I have a boyfriend! I'm sorry".

At this point, I'm thinking "wait, WTF??", where did this come from??

Me: Wait, I'm confused. You never brought him up before...
Her: Yes, I know. I'm really sorry. I've got to go.
Me: It just seems strange. I mean, you came up here, right?
Her: Yeah.
Me: And you met me for the McDonald's earlier, too, right?
Her: Yeah.
Me: So I'm just a little confused why you waited until now to tell me.
Her: I know, I know. I'm really sorry. I'm just looking for a friend. I have to go.

But she wasn't actively leaving. I wasn't sure what I was facing. Why isn't she walking out as she says this? Is it to be polite, and because she doesn't know what she's doing? Or is it because I need to overcome LMR to bed her? I decided it was the former, and I asked her if she needed to get directions before I let her out the door. Looking back, I should have just treated it like LMR and pushed through anyways, just to be safe.

Reflection
So I can't figure this out. Was she there for genuine interest, and I just needed to pass LMR to bed her? Or was it that I legitimately mislead her on misstated intentions? If it was LMR, how would I have overcome it? I mean, it had to be strong if I couldn't even kiss her.

All thoughts, comments and critiques appreciated!

Cheers,
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey fellas!

If you want to know how the story is going lately, check out my new journal here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3911

For the tl;dr...after these couple of pulls I swung back to Australia, and have been apart of experiences I've found incredible and unbelievable. I have a lot to thank the members of this site and Chase/Franco for.

It was my hope in the beginning of this Newbie Assignment that I'd push people, along with myself, out of Approach Anxiety and into success with women. I attempted to get together with those two gals I wrote my first journal entry about. I didn't make it...BUT, I now have the skills and fundamentals to leave my house at any moment and go on an instant-date with a stranger I'd never met before, with beauty beyond those of my former ex's. And I don't say that to brag. I hope to show you that this material works and that anybody can absorb this material and be intimate with women they only dreamed of talking to before.

I hope this is another success story...that's what drove me to keep going despite so many failures. And there are tons of others to learn from here also; check out: Z Vaunswa (Zphix), T Vaunswa (The Tool), ozzo, Marty, determined, Mr. Rob (others to mention, these are just the first that came to mind). And especially this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2907&p=21142#p21142

Anyway, that turned out much longer than expected! You can PM me if you have personal questions about any of this.

Here's to more success.

~Nick

>