A Shiny now journal

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
Before I get this show on the road, a little something about myself. I am 22 years old and live in Belgium close to the German/Dutch border. I have a history of postponing things till the last minute and i think that kind of attitude won't get me anywhere here. This website has opened my eyes in many ways and recently it also truly made me believe it.

I genuinely want to improve myself in more than one. Improving with women is obvious, but I also want to become more healthy in mind and in body. For this I'm going to make some sacrifices I will stick to no matter what. Namely:

- No more gaming: It's an excuse that keeps me tied inside the house
- No more masturbation: that article on it was immensely insightful
- Taking my Sports seriously: I'm not gonna drop any kung fu practice unless necessary and I'll start hitting the gym next week.

This post will stick around as a reminder to what I'm commiting.

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've glanced through the noobie assigment and I think I might have already solved my posture problem. People tend to make room for me in the streets. I'll get right onto the noobie assigment as soon as I've sorted out my time table.
About the noobie assignment itself, I think it might be a good a idea to treat it more of a "scavenger hunt" or a game simply to cut the tension and make it more fun.

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
hitting the gym has yet to come up. Organisation remains to be a big problem. I think that for now I'll stick to the home training schedule that I put together so I can build up some routine before going to the gym.

Went to a party last night. I'm already talking to a lot more girls then I used to do so. Usually after warming up socially with drinking/friends for like an hour, I tend to roam a bit more then i used to. Still not completely new girls though, as they're friends or class mates from our student group (no clue how it is in english, something like a fraternity, but unisex). Talked and danced with a few girls until I end up talking with a cute blond. She left a few times and i talk with another blond. End up getting her number, to which my phone refuses to send a text to, for some reason.

More detailed in field report.

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I finally will have a week off next week. It's been more then a month since I've said that I will fulfill the newbie assignment, but damn me I will. I'll also have a dorm room starting monday, which puts me closer to the city. To be continued.

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
So today I went out for a date with a girl (with the BF in the army) I met a few weeks ago. We texted throughout the week that I was in Germany. Starting this week I finally got my dorm room and managed to set myself up yesterday.
So I texted her if she wanted to go for a bite or not. She complied. At first she wasn't sure whether I was joking or not, but I clearly pointed out I was not. Jokingly she said she wouldn't managed to get ready before the time I suggested but she agreed nonetheless.

I managed to miss my bus so I mentioned I might be later, however I still got there 10 minutes early. Texted her I was already there she said she was already waiting for 15 minutes because she wasn't 100% sure at what time we really agreed. She came out of the library (where we agreed to meet) and exchanged greetings. We decided to go to a little japanese/thai restaurant. Throughout lunch we bantered and talked further about the things we talked about through texting. Apparantly her parents had a divorce last summer but she said she coped with it pretty decently. She mentioned she went through a lot of hobbys, such as gymnastics, dancing, piano, drawing and drama.

When I asked why she quit she said she usually got bored of them pretty fast. And also the boyfriend. It seems that her boyfriend is sucking up a lot of her free time. I asked her last week if she followed any series, to which she said she didn't. So I asked her if she was up for watching an episode at my dorm room to set her up. She agreed. Arriving at bus stopwe see that we barelly missed our bus, so we had to wait for 15 minutes. However the bus ran late. During this period she started saying that she still had some school work that need to be done today and that it would take up to an hour before she was home through bus. I told her to wait for 5 minutes. When those passed I said to wait for another 5 minutes. After those however she said she was gonna walk to the bus station and asked if I wasn't up to walking her there, as I could still take a bus there. At this point I thought I was gonna strike out unless I did something. So I agreed on walking along, hoping I might catch a bus there, where I can still convince her.

This however failed. During our walk she started talking more about her home situation and her problems with her boyfriend. As I suspected, she was not happy about her current BF situation. She never really wanted to go out all that much when she still was in high school but now she does. Her boyfriend on the other hand used to party throughout high school but doesn't feel like it anymore these days. She told me she had a fall out on him the other day because he decided not to go with her, despite her convincing him to finally go out after months. She said she was supposed to be with him today but because of that she went out with me instead. (I'm not sure but I think her way of talking to me changed all of this and I think she started seeing me as a nothing more then a friend at that point).

Anyway, I didn't manage to convince her to come along after all. Her bus got there before mine and we parted ways. Later I jokingly texted her she missed out on some great fun in favour of her books.
Ah well, that's that. With some luck she might be able to introduce me to some of her friends. Time to look for other prospects.

Shiny

Space Monkey
space monkey
Been a few months since I updated my journal, guess that shows how much issues I have to sticking to something -_-. Anyway, after looking and trying several things, It seems I may have found the right fitness schedule for me right now (neilarey's 30 days of change), as routine remains an issue. It's been a busy few months with exams and 4 days of paris followed by 2 weeks of Cologne.

This doesn't mean I stopped approaching women (though I mainly do it when I go out onfortunately). I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I still feel reluctant to approach a girl who walks by or in front of me. Situational openers are fine, as I'm a talkative person and like to know new people( Light made it clear for me that I still love talking about myself, So I try to tone that down as much as possible). But you don't see many Field Reports from me because of my procrastinating/ stalling habit. By going through the basic change of fitness, I hope It'll come a long way in fixing bad habits. I'm a gamer so I still spend too much time on the Pc. Having a poor bus connection isn't helping heither.

Will need to look into this soon.

>